Guest viewing is limited

MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
:happydance: Natalie, no, no, no!

Not years of pain! Let's narrow that down to from a few months to possibly even weeks! God is in control, and when He is the Pilot, miracles start happening! Give us a little more time and God will bring everyone together in this Nations for Natalie fundraiser! :happydance:
 
Natalie,

I wish everyone could see the scans that Dr. Maale showed me of what is going on INSIDE your knee! That was a real eye opener as to why you have been in so much pain! I asked Dr.Maale if he knew Mr. Porter and he said he didn't. I have a feeling after all of this is over, he will call and introduce himself to all of the people you have had along the way! :wink:
 
Was it the most recent MRI?

I wish I knew which bit it was as 3 consultants and a senior consultant radiologist declared that ok!!!!!Was it the disease he could see?

I've rang my hospital and told them and they are going to let the surgeons know and my GP is 100% behind me and asked if he could come with me!!
There's 45 images of those scans or I would put them all on here lol!!
 
I just caught up with your thread, Natalie. Great news that Dr. Maale thinks he will be able to help you! I hope you can get there soon.
 
Natalie, I think it was. I was across the room so I couldn't see the dates, but he had several to choose from and he always picks the latest! There is quite a shadow on yours compared to mine which shouldn't be there. Then he was pointing out debris that would need to be cleaned up! Natalie, once we get you here, you WILL have a surgeon that can repair all the damage and give you a HK Smith & Nephew Knee! Then you and I will be twins in our pictures! :happydance: :rotfl: PooShay, you, and I will need to take LOTS of pictures together! :heehee: :wink:
 
I wish I knew which bit it was as 3 consultants and a senior consultant radiologist declared that ok!!!!!
Ah, but what were they saying was okay - I'll bet you any money it was just the prostheses they were referring to because some of these guys, when faced with a problem that foxes them, revert to declaring 'everything' is okay and only mean the prostheses!
my GP is 100% behind me and asked if he could come with me!!
So do I! :heehee:
The doctors do tell me that they can become addictive.
Suzie, I'm very unhappy to see people casually using the 'a' word on here. It has such a negative effect on people. In fact, most people on long term narcotics as Natalie is, do become dependent on certain drugs but that's not at all the same as being addicted. Socially, an addicted has a very bad rep which people with chronic pain don't deserve. They have enough problems anyway. But dependency is an issue and needs very careful handling when one ceases the medication.

And yes, Natalie, if you miss a dose or two it can have an untoward effect but it's quickly remedied by going back on them.
 
Natalie, I think it was. I was across the room so I couldn't see the dates, but he had several to choose from and he always picks the latest! There is quite a shadow on yours compared to mine which shouldn't be there. Then he was pointing out debris that would need to be cleaned up! Natalie, once we get you here, you WILL have a surgeon that can repair all the damage and give you a HK Smith & Nephew Knee! Then you and I will be twins in our pictures! :happydance: :rotfl: PooShay, you, and I will need to take LOTS of pictures together! :heehee: :wink:


Yes lots of pictures :) :)
 
Ah, but what were they saying was okay - I'll bet you any money it was just the prostheses they were referring to because some of these guys, when faced with a problem that foxes them, revert to declaring 'everything' is okay and only mean the prostheses! So do I! :heehee: Suzie, I'm very unhappy to see people casually using the 'a' word on here. It has such a negative effect on people. In fact, most people on long term narcotics as Natalie is, do become dependent on certain drugs but that's not at all the same as being addicted. Socially, an addicted has a very bad rep which people with chronic pain don't deserve. They have enough problems anyway. But dependency is an issue and needs very careful handling when one ceases the medication.

And yes, Natalie, if you miss a dose or two it can have an untoward effect but it's quickly remedied by going back on them.


You're right Jo despite being asked to look for the SC they still didn't!!
I think you should come Dallas so I don't have to go alone :)
I'm so so scared of the medication since this recent episode of withdrawal but I know I need them,now I'm reduced slightly as I adjust to new meds I'm in a lot of pain.


On a side note I've been to see my doctor today and I have an infection under a tooth that needs extracting but I was so scared of letting him do any work because of my knee as Mr Porter said I was higher risk of infection so he's put me on antibiotics and I've got to ring the hospital and see what they think.
I also have a squidgy lump on my knee by my scar I'm sure it's a little bit of SC!!
 
Natalie, make sure you take the full course of antibiotics your doctor prescribed. After that, if the tooth is bad I would listen to the advice of the hospital.

Take care of yourself!

:friends:
 
Five days should be fine if the tooth has settled by then. If it hasn't, you need a bit more.
 
Had lovely day yesterday in town shopping for my beautiful daughters birthday presents she will be 15 in 2 weeks and me being stubborn spent most of it out if the wheelchair m&s walking with crutches and wen though I was in pain I was smiling first time in a long time.

Overnight my knee buckled from pain and I sat in the bathroom for a hood hour until I could get back up I didn't get any sleep and in a bad way today so annoying after having so much fun too.
 
Awe Natalie, I'm sorry to hear that you ended up on the floor for a whole hour, how sad!:console2: Was no one around to help you up my friend? I hope your tooth is coming along kiddo, we do want you well for your trip to Texas, so take care of yourself and put yourself first my friend!:console2:
 
Why was your stubborn self out of that wheelchair dear Natalie? You must take care of yourself. You don't want to fracture the bones in the leg or it will cause more problems. Please take care of yourself. I have hit a couple of bumps in the road, with prices, but I have learned how to negotiate, so it is taking longer than expected. Hang in there, and we will have prices in place soon so we can start up the fundraiser! :happydance:
 
Well, this will make you chuckle, Natalie. I have been co-opted on to a committee that is meeting on Monday to consider applications for the Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards and guess who is one of other five committee members? Mr Porter! Want me to say hello to him for you? (NOT!) I shall have the biggest job keeping my big mouth shut! :heehee:


 
Awe Natalie, I'm sorry to hear that you ended up on the floor for a whole hour, how sad!:console2: Was no one around to help you up my friend? I hope your tooth is coming along kiddo, we do want you well for your trip to Texas, so take care of yourself and put yourself first my friend!:console2:

Hi Jacky it was 3am and I didn't want to wake anyone so I just rested there till I was steady enough it's now 8pm the next night and I've still not slept I'm waiting till my husband gets home from work so the kiddies are ok.
 
Why was your stubborn self out of that wheelchair dear Natalie? You must take care of yourself. You don't want to fracture the bones in the leg or it will cause more problems. Please take care of yourself. I have hit a couple of bumps in the road, with prices, but I have learned how to negotiate, so it is taking longer than expected. Hang in there, and we will have prices in place soon so we can start up the fundraiser! :happydance:

I'm far too stubborn Sonja I like to get up and look at things and wander and do my own thing Scott always pushes me towards the men's stuff!!He he!
I will be taking the wheelchair and sitting in it when we take my daughter into the city centre shopping over Easter I promise,my GP rang again today he's upped the Sevredol and said if we need any communication between Dr Maale and the UK he is happy to do it :)
 
Well, this will make you chuckle, Natalie. I have been co-opted on to a committee that is meeting on Monday to consider applications for the Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards and guess who is one of other five committee members? Mr Porter! Want me to say hello to him for you? (NOT!) I shall have the biggest job keeping my big mouth shut! :heehee:



Well I never!!!!!!how very ironic wish I was coming!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom