MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my lovely GP is back from his holidays and he popped in to see me on his home visits,bless his heart :) He gave me a very small dosage of Diazapam to help me sleep and get through this tough period only.
Can I ask those who take a strong painkiller every 4 to 6 hours if you don't take it at the 4 to 6 hour period do you feel odd?I am so worried about being dependant on a painkiller.
 
Hi Natalie, we have different drugs in Australia although a lot would have the same ingredients.
I hope you don't worry too much about the drugs as you must need them.

I have been on drugs that have morphine in them for over 5 months now. The doctors do tell me that they can become addictive. I have reduced the strength of them with little side effects except for more pain.
The medical professionals I see seem to think its an individual thing whether you get addicted to them as well as the side effects when you get off them.
A friend of mine has in the past been addicted to one of these drugs. What she did to get off them was to see a professional to help her with that.
So for me at the moment I will take them as I need to get my pain under control. Once my pain time has past then I'm off them. If I have issues with coming off them then I will get help.
Have a good day
Suzie
 
Thanks Suzie :)

I've been on the morphine for about 7 years now but it was the fentanyl that made me feel really poorly when I came off them so don't think I will be ever going back on them.
Hope you're well.
 
So knee caps slipped again so out comes the brace again!
I have been doing my exercises every day 3 times a day why aren't I making the quads stronger?

I took a picture of it as you can sort of see where it's popping out but it's not very good see what you think.
[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....


[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....


It's just on the right of the picture.
 
Natalie, that is quite the scar that you have there. I am sorry to hear that you are still struggling. I hope that the future is brighter for you.
 
I know they went in it twice and it split open the first time I've got a similar one at the back too,there's a lot of pain in the larger part of the scar.
Thanks Hun I hope it is too :)
 
Yes, I can see it. The sooner you get to Texas the better ...
 
That happens every week now Jo and everytime it happens it doesn't move back properly it's very odd!!
The knee brace sucks it back as much as it can but docs have asked me not to rely on it.
Do you know what my dream is guys?To walk with my daughter to her school for her prom with no sticks and have my picture taken with no sticks :) It's 2014 June it would be amazing xx
 
Natalie, what is it going to take for you to get to Texas? Let us know. I have some air miles, maybe we can all add some air miles for a ticket. K
 
Wear those scars proud!
In Surfing parlance, we'd call those "gnarly" scars in the USA. Like in "that is one gnarly wave!"

Gnarly (silent G) = Gnarly is when you've gone beyond radical, beyond extreme, it's beyond danger, or perfection. Living on the edge dangerous, awesome, paid the price.........

Hope the new pain protocol is kicking in and you are feeling better! :yes:
 
Natalie,
The wheels are rolling now. Do you have any idea yet about when things will take place?
Kelly, I really like you idea of miles if anyone has any they can give I am sure that would be a big help.
 
So knee caps slipped again so out comes the brace again!
I have been doing my exercises every day 3 times a day why aren't I making the quads stronger?

I took a picture of it as you can sort of see where it's popping out but it's not very good see what you think.
[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....


[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....



It's just on the right of the picture.

Natalie,

I am having the Same problem but for a different reason! Don't worry about becoming dependent on the brace! Use that sucker til we get you to Texas! Dr. Maale will be giving you a new knee anyway! :happydance:
 
HI Natalie, Sonja is spot on. Do whatever you need to stay comfortable, relatively speaking that is, until you get ot Texas. Fingers are all crossed that its sooner rather than later. Take care.
 
Thanks guys :)
I went to a friends party Saturday night and sat on a chair all night and my knee wasn't elevated like it usually is and I'm in so much pain I have had about 4 hours sleep since Saturday night just putting my foot onto the floor makes me nearly scream in pain it's doubled in size because of swelling I'm sat here in tears,I cannot even go out and enjoy myself anymore :( :(
 
Oh Natalie, you poor thing. My prayers are flying your way. Is there no timeframe yet for getting you to Texas?
 
Margaret,

We are working on it,and we hope to have a final cost nailed down by tomorrow so that we can come up with an estimated cost of how much we will need in the fundraiser for Natalie. :happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom