MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jacky xx

Can I ask has anyone any experience of coming off Fentanyl?
Also does anyone taking Sevredol?

It's just a morphine only tablet taken 4 to 6 hourly but I feel absolutly rotten not sure if its the withdrawal of Fentanyl or the Sevredol which I don't get as I take liquid morphine regularly and don't feel unwell.
I feel anxious and hot and very fuzzy headed. Josephine
 
When I reduced my Vicodin too soon, I felt hot. When I naturally tapered off, there were no problems.
Wish I had a better answer for you, I am sure someone will come along with additional information.
 
Hi Natalie, I tagged Jo in your post about coming off the meds. Hang in there my friend. Sounds like things may turn around for you soon!
 
Well, I now a very little about pain meds but I'm afraid this is outside my area of expertise. Don't you go to a pain clinic, Natalie? They are the people that should advise you on this. Specially as your case is so different to the usual run of things.
 
They have said there is nothing more they can do for me at the Pain Clinic that my GP can't handle as I've tried every treatment going,and my GP is away till Thursday!I will ring the practice Monday morning and see if any of the other doctors can offer some advice.
I came right down from 75mcg to 12mcg Fentanyl over 3 months and felt ok but this last drop from 12mcg to zero and onto the Sevredol has knocked me for six!!
 
With a top of Oramorph every few hours I can tolerate it.I cannot sleep though as its very intense in the night and by 8pm I've had all the Sevredol I'm allowed and have to rely on the Oramorph alone and that's not enough but that's quite often always the case with any meds with my knee.
 
The pain has started to get through even when on the Fentanyl and I stopped to feel unwell so the suggestion was to reduce and see how I get on and the pain didn't change in anyway when I reduced by 25mcg then 6 weeks later the vomiting started again so reduced again the pain was same so by this time we realised the Fentanyl probably wasn't working!!So discussed for a longtime what did work and I said oramorph takes that initial pain away and keeps it away for 1 to 2 hours so he suggested we just try simple morphine tablet and see how we get on so this is what I'm doing now.
All my meds that I've ever taken ate written down at the doctors with what experiences I had with them and how much and if they reduced the pain and Oramorph always stands out.
 
I see. I wish there was something they could give you to get you out of pain until we can get you over to TX! :console2:
 
Well, I guess the good news is you were able to get a confirmation. Sorry you are having a rough time Natalie. Think of it as a roller coaster - you are on the uphill part for a bit. A smooth ride down is on it's way! :console2:
 
Wonderful, so pleased there is hope. I would do a back flip if only I could. Thank you Sonja for helping to make this happen! :angel:
If you get around to trying that back flip would you video tape it please? I need to see how to do one so when i reach my goal weight I will be ready! :heehee: :happydance:

I just bet you would LOVE to have me as a patient!:rotfl:
 
Just watched a u tube video, how to do a back flip. I have step one, go up on your toes down pat. :yikes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom