MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone well he was a really great guy so nice let me tell him my whole story from 10 years ago and listened and asked questions as I went along.He was very honest and open with me he said that I had followed the right path done everything I possibly could and seen the best surgeons and tried all the PT and made a good job of aiding my recovery at home.
He suggested a few things that they could do : fusion knee,revision knee,scope and drastically last ever option amputation but he said the fusion revision and scope could all help some things for example the unsteadiness,the knee cap slipping,it giving way,removal of any of the disease but none of them can take away the fact that my synovial lining is very very diseased its a dark grey in colour and should be pink and he has no doubt that a lot of my pain and issues are coming from this and as you cannot remove it I will never be free from this unless they did an above the knee amputation.
He suggested we chat to my previous Ortho oncologist and see if he would be willing to do some radiotherapy to shrink the disease as this could take away some of my pain.
He also wants the quad muscles rebuilding to try and keep the knee cap in place and he said I should never give up fighting.
 
So does this mean you're going to try his options before contacting Dr. Maale? Or do both at the same time? Quite frankly, Natalie, if you could still get your records, I'd go for both.
 
Natalie,
Glad you found someone who would listen to you, and give you some options.
I agree with Jamie, that you should pursue both options in UK and with Dr Maale.
Wishing you all the best.:SUNsmile:
 
Both For definite as it will be at least 3 months before I hear back from them.

I have all my records just no laptop to load them onto jušt waiting for it to come back from the computer hospital :) Then I can get them all sent,there is a vast amount of paper records which will need to be air mailed.

I am also going to continue my PT so I'm at the best for Dr Maale :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....
At last, Natalie, there really is hope. I am so happy for you. You are so deserving. You are in my prayers and will continue to be.

Take care.
[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....
 
Natalie,
Hooray for someone who listened to you - at last! That must have been so positive for you.

I agree that you should now pursue both options - treatment with the new (nice!) OS in the UK and referral to Dr Maale.

I don't post often on your thread, but I follow your progress every day.

My very best wishes for a better 2013 and some progress with your knee.

Caryl (Celle)
 
Natalie,
I am so glad someone finally listened to what you had to say. I would most definetly continue to do both at least until you hear what Dr Maale had to say. I know this new Dr. gave you some thing that could be done but they do sound drastic to me, and if that is the only thing then so be it. But give Dr. Maale a chance to check things out first. Keep up with your PT sounds like a very good idea so to be as strong as possible if more surgery is going to happen.
 
removal of any of the disease but none of them can take away the fact that my synovial lining is very very diseased its a dark grey in colour and should be pink and he has no doubt that a lot of my pain and issues are coming from this and as you cannot remove it I will never be free from this unless they did an above the knee amputation.
But this is where Dr Maale excels, Natalie. He WILL be able to remove it all. I'm sure that's his objective, anyway.
 
Thanks for all your kind words they mean so much.

I won't be jumping into anything with this new doctor as although he's got ideas that's all they are not definite things that would improve my quality of life.

Today has been a very high pain day so I've rested hoping tomorrow is better :)
 
Finally someone who listened! I really hope Dr Maale can help you.
 
Yep Natalie, that is what Dr. Maale had predicted from the start! He said that they had left some of the synovial "stuff" and that when that happens, pain and heartache result. I tell you, I am so excited! We will be dancing for joy soon!:happydance:
 
So happy you are on the road to real answers and real relief. Hope you get both, soon ! You are a real trooper ..Hang in, there !
 
Natalie just caught up with your thread and so pleased its a lot more positive. Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2013 and lets hope its a much more positive year.
 
Hi Natalie,
Haven't heard from you for awhile, just wondering how things are going?? Did you ever get your scans and reports, If so, have you been able to get them off to Dr Maale?? Really would like to see you get some relief soon. Give us a holler and let us know how you are doing, we all care so much about you.
 
Hi all I am so sorry for the absence I have no Internet grrrrrr!!! Thanks to PT I am also having a really bad time and Im not sleeping as usual but even worse at the moment and I feel like a zombie constantly!

I am having issues with getting the scans to stay on my laptop I put the disc in and they show up after putting in a password and then I save it and its not saved so I can't get it to attach to an email?I have no idea what I am doing wrong?

I've put all my medical records on though and they are attached to an email ready to send.
 
Natalie,
Good to hear from you, sorry your internet is not always available. Hope you can get those scans off soon!:SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom