MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume that whatever management functions are required to ensure that any funds collected were properly accounted for could be organized. I guess it would be a good idea to check British laws to be sure we didn't do something or other that was required legally to collect and distribute funds.

Here in the USA, I've seen funds set up for families through local banks where the contributions are made. But....I'm not sure exactly how the disbursement of the monies is made.
 
What wonderful things Bonesmart can do when we put on our thinking caps. Natalie no would even expect you to pay back in anyway shape or form, we are a family, and in my book that's how family works. You reach out and help those in need when they need it with out anothe thought about it.
 
Wishing you the best, Natalie! Where there is a will, there is a way. Maybe this will be the year this is resolved!
 
Hi Natalie....I must say that you are one of the most humbled people that I know of. You are the sweetest, and I hope everything will go great for you in this new year! Love ya girl.... Gilda
 
I'm in.
Nat, you need the expertise that Dr. Maale has.
Whatever we can do to get you to TX we will try!
BTW, Nat, in Texas they have these huge, enormous cows with huge horns (appropriately named "Longhorn"), and weird looking reptilian looking thingys that you see squashed on the highways (armadillos).
Oh, and it is BIG.
Very Big.
I love Texas and want to get back there soon myself! I think that I am really a Cowgirl in disguise....
xx
Sandy
 
Natalie---I'm sending you some signs to help you keep yourself from taking falls---

[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....
[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....
[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....


You really don't need any more ouchies! Please take very good care of yourself and keep us posted. You know we care.
[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....

 
Sending you some hugs, Natalie!! Falls are no fun. So glad you had a chance to talk with Jo!!!!!
 
I am glad you talked with Jo also! I'm sure she lifted your spirits! She is good at doing that on the forum! :happydance:
 
Natalie - just read your thread... ****! How wonderfully you have been surrounded by the caring and informed people on this site - what a blessing.

I admit I don't know all the details of what the fund-raising effort being discussed are to cover and, while I am a recovering attorney, I've not had much experience in international transactions. It would seem there is no barrier to establishing a charitable trust stateside and through it we purchase tickets and expend funds for use domestically. I can ask around among some colleagues (who are not yet "recovering") to see if they have ideas/experience. But would need a better idea of the scope of intended purposes. Then there is the issue of distribution for follow-up care un the UK, unless that would be covered by Natalie's medical system there. what can I do to help?
 
Wishing you the best Natalie! This year is your year my dear! Stay well, because great things are coming your way! :thumb:
 
I think Lynn's post raises a really good point - where should the trust be domiciled? UK or USA or somewhere else? My gut feeling is that given the majority of the costs will be USA, then it should be USA. I don't know anything about the USA Trust accounting rules, but am happy to help any way I can. I know that we'll need to consider the USA and UK income tax laws and ensure that everything is non-taxable, both in the hands of the Trust and Natalie. Plus ensure donations given from at least the residents of whatever country the trust is domiciled in can get donations rebate.

Maybe a trust domiciled in Jersey could work? I know they exist, don't know how and why they work so we'd need a UK tax accountant/tax lawyer to take a look at this. And guess what - I know somebody who lives here in Queenstown, is from Guernsey, is a tax accountant, and knows how the Jersey and UK stuff works. So unless anybody has any objections, I can have a chat to him.
 
...and now thinking outside the square. Two mirror trusts, one in USA and one in UK. Then lots more donee's could get a tax break for their donations.
 
Wow, Margaret your brain is on overdrive! Thanks for thinking about the income tax issues! :)
 
From the donee's perspective, here in NZ if we donate to a registered charity we get one-third back up to the amount of income tax paid for that year. I know there are similar rules in the UK, not sure about US. Sorry Natalie, for side tracking your thread. I think by now you'll have worked out that we GOING TO GET YOU FIXED.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom