MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Natalie, sure am glad to hear from you. I don't think you're doing anything wrong with the disc your scans are on, I think it has something to do with the coding on the disc. I'm going to tag RichardRobins for his input here. Maybe he can help.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted when you can. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....
 
Natalie,
Really good to hear from you, you really had me worried since you haven't posted is so long. Sounds like some kind of glitch with the scans and not your fault.
 
Natalie, all the files you sent me, were they just the doctor's notes or what? I haven't opened them, and I am going to get my techie hubby to send them to Dr. Maale! :O)
 
Howdy, what you need to do is select all the files you want to copy, and then right click, and hit copy, then paste them into a folder on your computor

then you can attach them to email form there:)
 
Howdy, what you need to do is select all the files you want to copy, and then right click, and hit copy, then paste them into a folder on your computor

then you can attach them to email form there:)

Thanks Richard I have done this and saved it as "natsscans" and then when I go back into its blank? I have emailed the clerk at medical records today to see if there is something stopping me copying them.
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....
Good to hear that you're getting a new disc and a password to send those scans. Sometimes it just seems that everything is so much harder than it ought to be. Life is often a real test of our will power. We just have to keep slogging through it all. You are such a trooper, Natalie. I admire and stand in awe of your resilience and perseverance.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....
 
I have had a few scans where I needed to copy the entire viewer application software along with the scan to read it. In other words, copied the entire contents of the CD. Once I did so, it was fine. Then I copied the software application along with the scans to another CD and gave it to the medical facility and let them worry about it. :)
Good to hear that things are progressing!
 
Do you know what your plans are yet for coming to the USA? :)
 
Howdy, what you need to do is select all the files you want to copy, and then right click, and hit copy, then paste them into a folder on your computer. then you can attach them to email form there:)
Actually that won't work with these cd-roms as the images are run by a small software programme on the disc that prevents that kind of interactivity - apparently for reasons connected with data protection :scratch:.

To get around this, what you have to do is take a screen shot of the xray and work it like an ordinary image to crop out the surrounding of your computer!

Mine looks something like this when I do it - the red line is to show where I ended up cropping out the final image!

[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....
 
Oh my goodness Jo that looks complicated how do I crop screen?

I'd love to get this done before Monday afternoon as my lovely husband is taking me to Scotland to spend my birthday with my niece who shares the same birthday as me.
It would be a lovely birthday gift to myself to get the scans to Dr Maale :)
 
Natalie have a wonderful birthday! And congrats on moving forward with your consultation with Dr. Maale! Moving slowly but still going forward and that's whats important. Hope you are doing okay.
 
Like a lot of computery things, Nat - it's really easy when you know how! Take a look at this site. Explains it beautifully!

Alternatively, do a search for Snipping Tool in your version of Windows and follow those directions. That's even easier than doing a screen shot using PrtSc (as above).
 
Alternatively, do a search for Snipping Tool in your version of Windows and follow those directions. That's even easier than doing a screen shot using PrtSc (as above).

Hi Josephine
As an FYI
If the entire contents of the CD is copied along with the viewing software application (as I mentioned above on #1349), then the dr is able to do more than look at one snip or screen shot print capture. It allows usually for zooming, printing, blowing up and cutting different sections, adjustment of the brightness and clarity and other functionality.

Backup plan should be to order two CD's, one to send to the dr.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom