Guest viewing is limited

MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have seen GP and pain nurse and both said there is no need for me to attend the Pain Management at the hospital as they can provide the service I need at the GP we came to the conclusion that the Fentanyl only suit me up to 50mg after that I am sick and can't put up with the side effects.They also reported that I take the same amount of Oramorph on or off them so they can't be doing much.We discussed what I thought worked and its the Oramorph that has always worked so a suggestion was put forward of a morphine only based painkiller so I'm going to wean off Fentanyl and they are going to decide which tablet would be best.
He said I need to discuss a brace with the new consultant.
 
I'm so sorry that you are hurting, sweetheart! HUGS! (family)
I pray that this is the beginning of you feeling better!
 
Hi Natalie, keeping my fingers crossed the your doctor gets the drug or combination that makes you much more comfortable. This and a brace may help you have some good days until you get to see somebody else about the root cause of it all.

I know it'll be hard to do, but please just ignore insensitive comments of others. They just don't understand. We're hear to listen whenever you need us.
 
Natalie it sounds like they heard you and addressed your current needs. Do you feel satisfied of that? So Mr. Porter's colleague is the one that would be able to order a brace if needed? Did they have any idea how soon you will be able to get in to see him? I hope it is soon.
My pain was really bad while at the hospital (trouble with IV) and the pain people talked about doing another block on me but then they didn't do it because they were too busy. I was surprised that they would even do that AFTER surgery. I wonder if there is any type of block that could be done for you when you see the new guy. They do alot of that for back pain. I was surprised that the femoral block didn't interfere with movement.
I am so glad there was some progress.
 
I think the difference is that in the US we own our records (HIPAA) Yes, in some cases, patients are charged a nominal fee for copying, but the records do not belong to the medical staff. I think that is basically the difference between the two countries and is why we US folks have a difficult time understanding the problem Natalie is having getting hers. I really do not think anyone meant to show disrespect. It is probably our lack of understanding.

I did a Google search ..how to access Medical records in the UK. Interesting info.

US law: Request medical records and they must be released within 30 days unless the patient is given a reasonable reason for the delay and then it is another 30 days.
 
Oh sweetheart - what else is going to be sent to plague you.
 
I'm certainly being tested but I have a wonderful husband and best friend who have just booked us all a mini break at Center Parcs for some rest and relaxation :) I love them all so very much xx
 
Nat..where are you? Has anyone heard from her?

Oh I just remembered she may be on her mini vacation.
 
Hoping things are a bit better now Natalie.
 
Natalie...You will be in my prayers and hoping you will soon get straightened out with all you are going through.
Hugs sweetie, Gilda
 
Hi Natalie, just calling in to see how you are. Hope you enjoyed your break at Center Parcs and it was nice and relaxing for you. Take Care x
 
Natalie, sending you a hug and a hello. Today is Thansgiving Day here in America and my thoughts always go to those who are near and dear to my heart...like YOU!!! Just want you to know you have my thoughts and prayers....and the hope that you are doing okay.
 
Hi everyone we had a lovely break away we got home Friday and I was doing so well till a few hours ago and I emptied the bin and there was avery loud pop and agonising pain and I looked down and my knee cap looked liked it had moved I went for some ice and elevated it straight away and an hour later I moved and a huge pop and pain again and it had moved again but not back to normal I've rang the hospital and I have no consultant!I have been discharged from Mr Porter and the new guy can't see me till next year so I now have to wait to see if a nurse practitioner will see me tomorrow!!!!
I have strapped it up and put on the brace the GP gave me and I have ice and heat and lots of painkillers and I'm not moving!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom