MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad you had a good break, but so sorry to hear that you knee popped on you. Can't you go to an emergency room to get some help? I don't know how that works over in the UK, but wish you had more of a choice.
 
Natalie, there isn't any way to see a doctor??? Josephine
 
Well I'm going to the emergency room and hoping they send me to an ortho,the nurse practitioner I spoke to on the phone thinks it coul either be my patella or a pocke of blood or fluid I need an X-ray an it looked at ASAP.
 
Hey Natalie really hope you see someone today and get this sorted. Just not fair for you to be waiting so long.
 
Natalie, I'm glad you had a nice time away!:friends: I am so sad that you are now experiencing a new challange, I hope all goes well today at the ER.:console2:
 
Gosh, that was a bit pre-emptive! Best thing I can suggest is that you phone his secretary and ask her what's going on, that you understood the new chap was just giving Mr Porter an opinion, not that you were being transferred to him completely. And anyway, since you cannot get an appointment with him for several weeks/months and what happens when you need attention in the meantime, like now. Actually, I find it very difficult to believe this is actually true. I think there may have been a botch up in admin again. But please don't accept it as so until you have spoken to his secretary.
 
I sure hope you were able to be seen in the emergency room! Maybe they got new doc on the stick for you! We will be waiting to hear what the xrays show and advice that is given. Lots of wishes for a good result!
 
Well bad news my patella has moved and its far too swollen and painful right now for them to do anything other than strap it up theyve put me in a full leg splint until next week when they will try a patella stabiliser I saw my original surgeon today who diagnosed me nearly 10 years ago and he was totally gutted for me,he wants to see my notes if he can ever get them from Wrightington and wants to discuss my case in depth.
In the meantime he advised I don't move it as everytime it does it slips again and the pain is horrific :(
 
So sorry Natalie! That sounds horrendously painful. And hope your old doc can get your notes and maybe get you moving in the right direction again. Gentle hugs for you!
 
Awe Natalie, I am so sorry that you are going through such hard times! I also hope your original OS can help you get some relief.:console2:
 
Natalie, that is promising that your old doctor wants to pick up your case. I'm sure he was shocked to see that things had gotten to this point for you. Maybe HE can make the mountains move!!!
 
Good Luck with your original OS Natalie. Sending big hugs x x
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's been a long time.....
 
Dear Natalie,

Hugs and best wishes from me. I do hope your original OS can do something to help sort out the mess.

I did my nursing training under the NHS, but I'm ashamed of the way it is treating you!
 
Gosh, that was a bit pre-emptive! Best thing I can suggest is that you phone his secretary and ask her what's going on, that you understood the new chap was just giving Mr Porter an opinion, not that you were being transferred to him completely. And anyway, since you cannot get an appointment with him for several weeks/months and what happens when you need attention in the meantime, like now. Actually, I find it very difficult to believe this is actually true. I think there may have been a botch up in admin again. But please don't accept it as so until you have spoken to his secretary.
They have said I can see a member of the arthoplasty team at anytime if needs be but won't get an appointment with the new guy till Feb xx
 
Goodness February! Have you called his secretary as Jo suggested? Let them know you are coming because Mr. Porter wanted him to see you. Nat, our patella issues do sound a lot alike, but I get mine back in place, because afterwards it stops hurting! :console2:
 
Mine won't go back into place Sonja :( The doc tried but couldn't he thinks there was fluid and or disease stopping it :(

The pain is unbelievable and when I remove the brace for a shower I can't stop muself crying its that sore.

I rang the new guys secretary and he has no space to see me at all.
 
Natalie sounds a bit drastic but couldnt you get admitted to hospital then at least someone woud have to see you in ortho and have something done. Its cruel you being at home in so much pain. You cant wait for much longer to see someone. I would be sitting in A&E until they did something.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom