Guest viewing is limited

MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rheumatologist ordered a brace for me. Can GP's do that for you? You know, just one off-the-shelf not something fancy.
You don't think you could call Dr. Porter and tell him you fell again and what are his suggestions to prevent a catastrophe?
 
Well Brownie,

Dr. Porter already knows about her falling and says it's not the replacement. I doubt very seriously he would order one. Now if Nat goes to the next appt. maybe that consultant will. She needs something to give her some stability, until we can get her to Dr. Maale. He will put in the same type of revision knee that I have according to him, and pretty soon Nat will be not only walking down her stairs without fear, but living a life of quality!"

As Jo put it, and I agree, I don't think that all of the pieces that have started shifting would be possible if God didn't have a plan!

Jo I know you didn't state it that way, but we both believe! :happydance:
 
I have seen some pretty heavy type splints at medical supply places that don't require a prescription. I have no idea if it would even help with Natalie's type of instability. I really need a Dr. Porter doll because I'm wanting to put some pins, screws and plates in him. Grrrrr....
 
Aw, Brownie - but he's such a nice chap! I know him a little and he's really not evil, just rather lost with this particular case.
 
Maybe that is one reason to see the new guy to see if he can help with this constant instability have I ever mentioned that I already have issues with the left knee that require surgery?!!!

I think Mr Porter has just hit a dead end with me and so have several others before him but many more tried their very hardest to help.

I am going to see my GP this week he is a wonderful man and has always been firmly on my side and knows all about Dr Maale and has said in the past if it comes to this he will try and help.I will also ask for a referral to pain management.
 
You have a great attitude Natalie. I'm afraid I might be drowning in self pity and anger by now if it was me. Good old GP's come to the rescue so often. When you see him I want you to ask about a rheumatologist! Does anyone agree with me?
 
Hi Natalie, just wondering how you are? Also wanted to say were here for your whenever you need us.
 
Natalie, its been a while since we heard from you. Hoping you are ok after your fall and wishing you well. Cant imagine what you are going thru as most of us find it hard coping with TKR's and BTKR. never mind all the other stuff you have to contend with. Youre a very strong and brave lady. Take care
 
Marianne I will ask him about a Rheumatologist I saw one about 5 years back so Im sure they will see me again.

Hi Margaret and Patricia Im ok just struggling slightly,pain is very bad and the instability is insane I am wondering if the doc says the replacement is fine then it could be my muscles that are weakened and struggling.
It's been a rough few days and not one member of my family have been in touch which just upsets me even more.Hubby is struggling and the kids have acted out since the news especially my daughter it was bonfire night here last night and I was screamed at for being disabled and in pain as we didnt go to a bonfire so I'm the big bad witch :(
 
O Natalie so sorry to hear about your family not getting in touch. Everyone gets so caught up in their own lives. A txt or a phone call dosent take much tho does it and means so much. As for your daughter she is probably just as upset as you about things at the moment and its so easy to hit out at you and blame you for everything. Poor you. I really hope things improve very soon. No one deserves it more. Take care.
 
I did this too but they said there was a protocol to follow.

I am so sorry that you are not able to access your records. Even when we are feeling our best, it isn't easy when up against "protocol". It has to be doubly tough when feeling so poorly and at the mercy of others!

I'll keep you in my prayers and do hope you are doing better after your fall. And family, well, often, it's hard to say something when we can't take the pain away. I would describe it as a helpless feeling where we wish we could wave a magic wand over our loved one and make them better. :console2:
 
Oh that's kids for you, Natalie. You know you can't blame them for not understanding. But you know WE understand. We are your cosy support blanket when the world lacks compassion. Don't forget that.
 
I'm off to the GP and pain nurse today I'm having a tough time with numerous side effects and issues because of medication.

Thanks for all your kind words :) Still no word from my family and my daughter is still struggling :(
 
Ive just been talking to my friend suffering from the effects of chemo. Third time shes had chemo and her family have decided she can cope on her own. Not a word from them and she lives on her own.Families are funny things sometimes arent they. Good luck with the doctor. (and the daughter) she will come round soon im sure. Take care
 
Natalie I am so sorry you are going through this. You are weakened by the physical problem you are having and it's so much harder to get through things when in pain, fear etc. Why don't you go ahead and reach out to your family and let them know you need their encouragement. Life moves so fast these days and everyone gets caught up in their own issues. They probably don't even realize how many days have gone by since you last talked. Teenagers...oh don't we all wish we had the magic words to figure out what is going on in their heads...although I can make a good guess...me me me... which unfortunately is normal. Good luck with the nurse today. Be sure and share your instability problem with her as well. Maybe she will have an idea or know who to contact. I still wonder if a brace would help. How are you getting to her today?
 
Natalie, I hope all goes well for you at you GP today, and that you get something to give you pain relief!

Try and stay positive my friend! :console2:
 
Ive just been talking to my friend suffering from the effects of chemo. Third time shes had chemo and her family have decided she can cope on her own. Not a word from them and she lives on her own.Families are funny things sometimes arent they. Good luck with the doctor. (and the daughter) she will come round soon im sure. Take care
This breaks my heart :(

I have had this darn disease for 9 years now and family just don't ask anymore :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom