Guest viewing is limited

MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie,
I am left speechless at how your appointment went. I am keeping you in my prayers and hoping you will somehow find the answers you are looking for in due time. :friends:
 
When they hand me a cd of my knee, it is mine to keep. What we "knew" was Nat paid to have her scans and copies mailed to her house. We did not know that she could not keep them..
:sigh: That's not how it is, Sonja, and I never said we couldn't keep them. Of course we can but we are somewhat at the mercy of administrative hiccups and there isn't a lot we can do about that. These I also explained to the best of my understanding.

Regarding the payment and having spoken with a nurse friend in the US. I now understand that you don't pay for your notes - my apologies. I was assuming. However, I have been equally outraged at some similar issues that have happened to US and Canadian members as well. Perhaps it's moot that we all realise when we are unfamiliar with another country's protocols and not make assumptions. mea culpa!
 
Natalie, you also mentioned that Martyn said he would send you to London again. Which hospital was that and whom did you see?
Sorry I should have said Birmingham he said we could go to London too.
I originally went to ROH Birmingham and saw Mr Simon Carter.Porter said we could go to London if we wanted but again he made sure we understood we could be chasing no hope.
He said he would help us see anyone and he would converse with them and go through my case and discuss what he has done for me so far.
When he said he would help me get to America he didn't give any definitive ways of how he would do it,he also didn't make any further appointments with him he said he would go and speak to Mr Hodgkinson ASAP and make sure I see him at his next available appointment,I just agreed at the time as I was so stunned but I'm wondering now if it is worth it.If he isn't a specialist in SC what is the point?
 
I am so so sorry for the lack of response over the last few days I am struggling and every time I start to write I find myself in tears...

It is often just a case of admin errors over here in the UK regards to the access to my medical records,I filled in a form requesting the access and sent a cheque for admin charges,like Jo said we pay for the copying more than anything,my records are store electronically and on paper and even though I requested that the scan and X-ray are the most important thing the whole request has to be dealt with together and they have to ask the doctor and his secretary for access to my records now because I am still receiving medical care from the hospital the doctors will not release my notes to the medical records departments until they have finished with them.And as I have now been asked to see another doctor I will have to wait once again for my notes to be released it seems silly and I often wonder why my scans can't just be copied but it is because the doctors won't release them.It must be frustrating for the medical records dept.Mr Porter did say on Friday that I can have everything when I have seen Mr Hodgkinson and at the moment I am not sure I want to I need an SC specialist and the only one I have ever seen is in Birmingham.I know however that I could wait months for this.

It does seem very frustrating that I cannot have my scans etc straightaway but we have a whole system put in place here,they have messed up as they assured me they were in the post but it seems that this was not the case at all.

I hate that I have messed you around Sonja and please pass on my apologies to Dr Maale and his team I hope to have the scans within the next fortnight.

Now I just need to decide my next step.....

As well as everything I fell down the last few stairs this morning and find myself on complete bedrest :(
 
Oh no, not another fall Natalie, my heart goes out to you and everything you are going through. Prayers will be said for you.
 
Natalie,

You haven't done anything wrong. Dr. Maale and crew will see them when they get there! :)
 
Just wanted to add, that here in Atlanta, I had to sign a release, mail/fax it in (to Hospital) with a check for 25.00. They said it could be up to 6 weeks because it was very labor intensive. It did take nearly 6 weeks. Everything was sent on a disk, and they even included my hysterectomy records from 2 years before. I'm guessing there are hundreds of pages on this disk.
What is interesting though, when I appled for a new insuance policy 2.5 years ago, they had to of obtained my records in a much speedier fashion as it only took days to get approved, and those folks knew everything regarding my surgeries.
 
Helen,

One time they asked me if the bone scan copies were for Dr. Maale. I told them yes, because they were, and before I went to see him my hubby made a copy of the disc. They told me it would cost 5.00 if it were for me. When Chris, the guy who had done the bone scans came to the front, saw me and said "would you like me to make a copy for you?" I won't charge you anything, I just smiled and told him that the one would be ok. He and I became friends. I don't know how with my shy personality! :blush: :rotfl:
 
I have had a newly diagnosed heel spurs (apparently from walking heel-to-toe for 3 years...another story, another day), the PA made copies of the x-rays for me, no charge. I think that was easier for him that I didn't pull out my iphone when asking if I could take photos. : )
 
As I mentioned earlier, ask for a copy for yourself at the time you are there in the office. It doesn't take additional time and I have found them most accommodating. But I don't want to derail her thread any more than we have. :spin:
 
Natalie,
I have a question or two. Do you have to see Mr Hodgkinson? It does sound like you have a choice to see him or not. Are the wheels turning to have an appointment with him and do you know when that might be?? IF not then how do you get your reports??
If you choose to go direct to Dr Maale does Mr.Porter need to talk with him first??
Just asking to see how things work over there.
 
Josephine I am trying to find an orthopaedic oncologist that is closer to me than Mr Carter is in Birmingham could you help please?
There are really only four such centres that I know of and they are Stanmore, Birmingham. Oswestry and Wrightington but I would rank them in that order. Stanmore is streets ahead of the others, being an international centre of excellence so they get patients shipped to them from all over the world which, so far as I am aware, the others don't, leastwise not to the degree that Stanmore does. So not much help to you there, am I? I'm still at a loss to know why Martyn wants you to see this other chap as I thought Martyn would be much more senior and experienced than most of the other surgeons there.

I'm so sorry you took another fall - you can do without that kind of thing. Dear Natalie, I so wish we could all come and whisk you across to Maale and get this sorted. Aaah .. if wishes were horses, then beggars would ride!
 
As I mentioned earlier, ask for a copy for yourself at the time you are there in the office. It doesn't take additional time and I have found them most accommodating. But I don't want to derail her thread any more than we have. :spin:
I did this too but they said there was a protocol to follow.
 
Would it help to wear a brace when up for now just to prevent the falls? I am worried Natalie is going to end up with a head injury or damage joints further with another fall.
 
There are really only four such centres that I know of and they are Stanmore, Birmingham. Oswestry and Wrightington but I would rank them in that order. Stanmore is streets ahead of the others, being an international centre of excellence so they get patients shipped to them from all over the world which, so far as I am aware, the others don't, leastwise not to the degree that Stanmore does. So not much help to you there, am I? I'm still at a loss to know why Martyn wants you to see this other chap as I thought Martyn would be much more senior and experienced than most of the other surgeons there.


I'm so sorry you took another fall - you can do without that kind of thing. Dear Natalie, I so wish we could all come and whisk you across to Maale and get this sorted. Aaah .. if wishes were horses, then beggars would ride!

Thanks so much Jo I wish you could too xx

So I've already attended 2 centre of excellences only 2 to go!!

Porter said Mr Hodgkinson was more experienced than him?When he sat down he said almost straightaway I've arranged for you to see a colleague of mine,I hadn't picked up on this but hubby told me earlier.

I have no idea what to do next I am stuck :( Obviously I wish I could see Dr Maale right now but it could take me some time to get to him
 
Natalie,
I have a question or two. Do you have to see Mr Hodgkinson? It does sound like you have a choice to see him or not. Are the wheels turning to have an appointment with him and do you know when that might be?? IF not then how do you get your reports??
If you choose to go direct to Dr Maale does Mr.Porter need to talk with him first??
Just asking to see how things work over there.

Rose

I don't have to see him but I'm not sure what to do next I can get my reports as soon as they can do them if I don't see the new doc and no I wouldn't think Mr Porter needs to talk to Dr Maale first but I do think they may need to chat at some point about my history.
 
Would it help to wear a brace when up for now just to prevent the falls? I am worried Natalie is going to end up with a head injury or damage joints further with another fall.

It's not something they have offered and unfortunately now I'm in a position where I have no doctor!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom