PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

Definitely a Yorkie born in Leeds and now back after 25 years in Worcestershire!
 
When I lived in.the.lakes I.regularly went to leeds to.see a friend. Worcestershire nice.to used to go to courses in malvern it is.near there isn't it

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I lived in Malvern Wells for 13 very happy years and we still have good friends there and visit occasionally. It's very close to my heart. We had a house on the hills overlooking the Severn Valley with direct access to the Hills from our garden. Wonderful place! What sort of courses did you do in Malvern? Are you ex- army?
 
Care management and I.was.stress.councellor at work sheeeesh I.was.24 what did I know then

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Since forever, all orthopaedic dressings have always had to remain untouched for 14 days. I wouldn't even have changed the dressings unless they are getting wet, wet with blood or becoming unstuck. Biggest no-no going.
 
@Josephine. Thanks for the reply but I was given new sterile dressings on discharge and was told to change it when I got home. Now I am confused but the scar was lovely and clean and feels fine. I was very careful, scrubbed hands and sterile dressing etc and made sure I didn't touch it. I've still got a dressing on. I thought I'd have to go back for removal but my appointment is for 20th January. Perhaps I'll leave this one until next Tuesday then when it will be two weeks.
 
The nurse changed mine 7 days post opp seemed dissapointed nae gunk

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Day 10 not a bad night slept 12-7 with 3 fills of the cryo cuff and a short time awake inbetween fills but pretty good. I plug myself into my iPod and drift away listening to a book. Bill Bryson is a particular favourite.

Mr P has gone downstairs to make me a cup of tea and then the day begins. As the days seem much the same so sometimes I have to think really hard which day it is or even what time of day it is! I also had no painkillers for 8 hours last night - didn't remember them in the night and didn't have the niggling stabby pains although oh yes here they are! Tramadol and paracetamol down the hatch. They do make an effective combo!

Granddaughters coming for tea tonight so Grandad is cooking.I Have to say the catering has been really good. The other night we had aubergine (eggplant) and tomato curry with leaves and crusty bread. Delicious. I seem to have regained my appetite so the 6lb I lost will soon be recovered - a shame as I could do to lose a few more!

Hope all Bonesmart buddies have a day filled with calm nerves and no pain.
 
Grand snaperooo the feeling of starting to reduce painkillers is good but as you did when needed gulp them. As has been known.don't do as I did tho reduce not.stop painkillers in consultation with dr. Although with me it was forgeting to take them. Nothing to.do with night of no sleep. Keep up the goood work your posts are an inspiration. As for mine well its.must do better. Toodles

Legin THR Sep 14
 
That is a really good update @SuperSnapper, you are doing very well. I hope I do as well this time round. Mr P obviously knows his way round the kitchen, I've had to leave all meals, labelled in the freezer. I hope you had a great time with your granddaughters, how old are they?
 
@Legin thanks . Hope your gunky ankle is better and less painful . Take it easy and you'll be back on your thinking rock in no time at all
:tantrum2::happydance:
 
@Ellejay. Thanks. Madeleine is 10 and Iris is 7 . They are very different , the older one has unruly, dark curly hair, brown eyes and is quite serious and the little one has straight blonde hair, blue eyes and takes life as she finds it. But each is adorable in their own way and funny. We also have two grandsons aged 7 and 4 who are wonderful too and they all live very nearby so we are lucky. It's hard to be downbeat with them around and we have lots of fun.
Just done my quads exercise and leg slides - getting a bit easier but I don't like the leg slides.
I'm aiming to be downstairs more from today as its getting easier to sit on chairs for at least a short time.

Hope the cold is receding and you are feeling calm and ready for your operation.
 
Errrrr drs again.today gonna get told off again

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh well done! That is a big step forward. Don't rush it , but you will be going out next :wow:
Lyn xx
 
Just got the look and rather thorough cleaning of hole
 
@yiayia3 aye I'm grand ty get a tad annmoyed at my progress hence hole in ankle. Could be worse I could be a bald male ogre oooooooops. But ty for askerin much.appreciated how are you

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom