TKR Interpretation of x-ray

I'm assuming you've tried doing a quad set before lifting your leg onto the bed? Early on in my recovery that's the only way I could lift my leg b/c the quad was sore/healing.
 
Just had my six-month follow-up x-ray for appointment with surgeon tomorrow. Does anyone know what the following means, particularly how serious or not serious the patellar subluxation is? For several months I cannot lift my leg below the knee; that is, push my leg from the knee down outward. In a previous visit the surgeon told me it was caused by muscle weakness, but I can still only lift it about an inch. Thank you.

FINDINGS:

Alignment: Interval abnormal lateral subluxation of the patella relative to the metallic trochlear prosthesis. Surgical defect of the patella remains. No fracture of the native patella.

Bones: No acute fracture or aggressive osseous lesion.

Joint Space: Total left knee arthroplasty. No evidence for hardware failure or loosening.

Soft Tissue: No chondrocalcinosis or significant suprapatellar joint effusion appreciated.

IMPRESSION:
1. Interval abnormal lateral subluxation of the patella relative to the metallic trochlear prosthesis. Surgical defect of the patella remains. No fracture of the native patella.
 
I think your surgeon and his team should tell you what the X-Ray means, but basically it confirms that your patella isn't tracking normally. Your surgeon should talk to you about options for fixing this.

By the way, you'll notice that I have merged your two threads together as it's best if members in recovery only have one thread.
This is because:
  • That way, you have all your information in one place. This makes it easier for others to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you start new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. We won't miss your new question as, between us, the staff read all new posts each day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, tag a member of staff.
Tagging other members and answering tags

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts?

A helpful hint - Many members have found it useful to bookmark their thread so they don't lose it.

Best wishes,
Celle
 
Back
Top Bottom