Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vetgirl , Sally a valuable lesson I learned during my cancer treatments, was that life is to short to spend even one extra moment of your energy on toxic, so called friends. You are too good, and have been thru too much to give even one more second of your time and energy on those that cause angst.

So happy to see that you are starting to reclaim your life. Sure hope someday I can share that feeling. Keep getting better and better! :-)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
@Vetgirl Sally-- your recovery is coming right along, I'm glad you love "school's out!!!" with your kids. Take it easier every day than you want to-- you are not only coming off hip surgery, you are coming off a very long time of having been drained of all your physical, social, emotional "get up and go"! So rest, rest, rest :) These "friends" to whom you are the unpaid counselor can get the email that says, "I'm really busy recovering from a couple very difficult years right now. When I'm all better we can get together." That is miles different from "being in a bad space now". You are not in a bad space, of course-- they are! YOur space is not theirs! You are in a good space-- the recovery/rehab space! :) :)
 
Sally, glad to hear you are enjoying summer vacation with the kiddos.
Sounds like a good time for your aunt to visit. Enjoy that time together, and do something good for you!
:friends:
 
Sally! So happy that you are walking without any aids! That is so great! Even with your first hip replacement before infection your OS had you use crutches for 6 weeks right? Did he say why he changed is protocol?
 
Hey @calikat ...that's a really good point and your memory was spot on. I'm not sure but I think it was a miscommunication and because my husband heard him say it pre surgery that was it. He wouldn't let me off them.

when I went back at the 6 week mark I said how I couldn't wait to get off the crutches and he asked why I was on them???? LOL it didn't matter I was so tired anyway. How are you?

@zauberflöte I love your idea....im going to use it.

@dianehelen ...you will get your life back....

@MajorHeidi thanks for your constant support

Yesterday I had a 3.5 hr nap and today woke up at 11.50 am....so I was really tired and di way too much last week and over the weekend. I'm bored today....so I must be getting better!!! LOL

Hope everyone is having a great day
 
Very glad to hear you're doing so well. Work hard at resting! :) Gill

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
sally @Vetgirl . so glad to hear things are going well and you're 'out and about'. I'm sure you'll learn to pace yourself better. and as everyone says, you don't need to keep 'deadbeats' in your life. I really liked @moms4tne explanation of how those types will 'relentlessly pursue' the enablers. I've also been learning to choose myself in those types of situations. happy recovery. I'm sure your family is so glad to have you back!
 
@Vetgirl Hi Sally I have just caught up with your thread and I am so pleased about how well you are doing now.Enjoy the holidays with your kids but make sure you get enough rest.I agree with the others that you need to ditch that toxic friend who will just take from you and sap your energy which you need for your recovery.You have a wonderful family and save your energy for them.You have been through so much and it is wonderful that you have turned the corner.
 
Do enjoy yourself, Sally. You still need to seriously consider changing your thread title---you know like "Life After Infection" or "Infection Gone--Now Loving New Hip". This way folks still know you had infection---but things are now positive.
 
Thanks for the support everyone

I meant to say @moms4tne I really appreciated your advice about enabling people. That's exactly how I feel and the great story from @Dmcfad2 (love the avatar as well)

I've been feeling a bit off colour the last few days. A bit of diarrhoea, off my food, blah stomach and a few other niggles. Nothing major but as I said, just off.

Otherwise all good.

I'm thinking about the thread title change but am not quite ready yet. Do I have to do it straightaway @bottomshollow @Poppet ?

I'd rather do it in my own time....let me know
 
I would say do change your title only when you feel ready. I understand the hesitancy.
 
Hey Sally, @Vetgirl with all the antibiotic you have had, have you taken any kind of probiotic to recharge your intestinal fauna? My gut was a bit of a mess after the big doses of prophylactic antibiotic I had. I drank a liter of Kifer live culture yogurt over four days and ate Activia yogurt 2x daily for a week. That really helped set me right. Don't know if you have those particular products "Down Under" or something similar...but they can't hurt and may help.
Sorry you have been off color, remember...keep that positive hat on!
Peace
 
Hi Sally, @Vetgirl - no hon, you don't have to change your thread title until you feel you want to :)

So sorry you are having a tough day. I know you were taking probiotics quite consistently - are you still taking them now?

Also a very good soup for an upset digestive system is the Chinese Chicken Congee. In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) the stomach holds the food, while the spleen transports and transforms the food. Their ability to work properly is considered so important that the qi, or energy, of the human body rests on the proper function of the spleen and stomach. This is a simple grain soup, usually using jasmine rice and is easily digested and assimilated, it tonifies the blood and the qi energy, harmonizes the digestion, and is demulcent, cooling, and nourishing.

There are heaps of recipes on the web and the ingredients can be cooked nice and slow in a crockpot, which lessens the need to attend to it. Traditionally, it is said that the longer it cooks, the more therapeutic it becomes. I am a Coeliac so my digestive tract is always sensitive and I find this helps lots - just a thought xx
 
Thanks @Poppet that sounds perfect!!!!

Yes I have been taking probiotics but have missed a few days....need to get some more.

I think the soup sounds perfect

Thanks @Dieter. I know we get the yogurt here too....could eat more of that too.

Hi @calikat
 
Sally - Hope you're feeling better as the weekend is progressing! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers :)
 
So good to hear you are doing well. I'm still struggling with this vac. Back. To wound doc tomorrow. I hope You keep getting better and better, that's just great to hear
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom