Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo hoo! Glad you are out now, being at home will be a lot better than hospital. So much quieter at night for a start! You sound much better today, but feel free to let off steam here when you need to.
 
Hi Vet Girl
Pleased you are going home you will feel better in yourself and be able to do things you can not do in hospital these will then help with your recovery
good luck
Terry :egypdance:
 
Fantastic that you are home Sally, hope you get some decent sleep tonight x
 
BEST NEWS to wake up to! Feel great, keep getting better and better. Dorothy had it right! "There's no place like home"
 
Hi Sally @Vetgirl. So glad that you are going home and on one crutch...amazing news. Hopefully you will be able to rest mire in your own bed. Know what you and Bill @fulafoto mean about unwanted visitors......when I awoke from a doze in hospital and man with a guitar (yes, a guitar) walked in the ward and stood by my bed and sang Elton's Sacrifice....Very embarrassing! He went on to chat about music, asking what I liked best....I said...Dire Straits (thinking that would see him off) but no...he sang all the way through Romeo & Juliet!! When i looked around the ward everyone else made out they were asleep!! Funny!
Do hope all goes well for your journey home. Chrissie xxxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Vetgirl - Happy to hear the good news! Wishing you good rest and a speedy recovery now that you are home.
You've been through the wringer and deserve the best now!

Tami
 
Great news Sally, so pleased for you! One crutch- fantastic :D:) enjoy being home
Gill
Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Oh my goodness Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny :snork: a great way to start a day with a big belly laugh - thankyou ... Bet you thought you were still affected by the anesthetic seeing this man with a guitar? :heehee::heehee: It looks like there was no turning him away either. :rotfl::rotfl:
 
@Vetgirl Sally, wooohoooo you are home! All best wishes for quiet sleep and swift recovery! You are lucky, you get a single malt. All I ever got was a tin of plums!!:rotfl:
 
Thrilled for you, Sally... Really, truly.

But -- talking about unwanted visitors suddenly reminded me of an incident which I obviously had conveniently repressed. While in in-patient rehab, I looked up from my bed one day to find a CLOWN FROM HELL facing me! This was not a cute Bozo, but a tall, gruesomely-made-up male creature wearing a long blonde wig & a wedding dress (!!!) & grinning at me like she/it had just stepped from the pages of a Stephen King novel! This was one scary... something! If you didn't suffer from an arrhythmia before, trust me: your heart would be in overdrive.

To think that this "thing" could be allowed to enter patients' rooms at will to... what?... entertain & amuse us, is really stretching it. And you know what? While this Bride of Terror was standing there, all I could think of was my sleeping roommate waking up to this bride/witch! OMG! I woke her gently to warn her about our visitor so she wouldn't go into cardiac arrest.

Can't believe I had forgotten this little episode. I had a photo... Wish I could find it & send it. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Sorry.
 
@Vetgirl So Sally? How was your first night home? Were you able to sleep ok in your own bed? How are you feeling? You are in my thoughts .
 
Sally, I am so happy for you!!!Take care, and enjoy your new hip and being home with your family! (and walking - amazing you are on one crutch!) =)
 
@shrinkette I'm laughing hysterically! What did you say to the clown?! Was there an explanation as to why he/she was there?

Hope you are doing well today, Sally! :)
 
@younghippie You know, I can't remember saying much to the creepy clown, but I also don't remember IT saying anything to ME! I vaguely remember thinking,"why is this...odd scary caricature of a bride in my room?" I might have inquired of it something like, "yes, may I help you?"... But I don't remember any real conversation. I mean, really -- what can you discuss with "it"? (But I truly suspect my jaw was just hanging in shock.)
 
Vetgirl, I was so sorry that I couldn't post on the day of your surgry but my computer died. I am so happy to hear all the good news. Now on to the good stuff and climb the hill so you can look at the top and know all is well. then go down and join the world and get your life back. Go girl Go. Tashia
 
@shrinkette That is SO funny to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really, what are the odds that something like that would happen. That is hysterical!!! :rotfl:

Maybe he was a patient from the psych ward that escaped!? You may have narrowly escaped death!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom