Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Sally, a UTI now? Good for you for insisting on a urine test - shame on them for not ordering one immediately when you first mentioned a "niggling"! After all you've been through, they should respect the fact that you know your own body by now! Maybe OS just meant it wasn't good they delayed? Not that it was a threat! Please God! We all all rooting for you, and praying heaps. Hanging on every word as you feel able. (((Hugs)))
 
@Vetgirl Sally, I'm glad you are aware of your own body's symptoms, so can get treated for the UTI right away! I agree with whoever said shame on them for not listening to you the first time! Do you do cranberry juice for that? I have not had many, but cranberry juice, while nasty, was helpful.

The OS and dr's are honor bound to tell you the upfront truth. I'm sure they don't want to be sued by somebody who wasn't informed of this or that. Your instinct is right, I think-- don't dwell on it-- rather, live your life! :) chris
 
Good morning Sally, I so hope you are feeling a bit better.. Stick with us honey, we are here to support you xxxxx
 
Hope you are feeling better today! Thinking of you! :loveshwr:
 
@Vetgirl,

I am so glad that surgery is behind you! Now, no infections, and going home is what I will pray for!
 
Thanks @moms4tne and @fulafoto and @Poppet I was in a funk yesterday.

Better today but I've only been awake 1 hr!!!! The day is still longggggggggggggggggg.......

The hospital is alive this morning after the long weekend. People off to theatre, more nurses and some of my favs who bring me cups of tea....I'm on my second!!!!! It's raining heaps outside too.

My pain is really quite minimal compared to the spacer and I'm walking well and I'm putting on my positive hat today and forgetting about tiny little bugs that try and ruin your life. Besides being really tired everything's good. I can get in and out of bed by myself with a bandage around my foot to lift leg in and out and movement in my leg is pretty good.

The kids should be here soon, dad's coming this morning and maybe a friend around lunch. That should fill out the day well. I haven't had too many visitors by request so a few today will round out the day well.

The UTI is a threat Moms but I'm sure it's from the catheter and I have no one symptoms like temperature etc so I'm sure it will be fine.

Poppet.....that's a lovely avatar. I hope it's you walking along the beach with your husband.

Ok....I'm going to beg the Dr to get our of here today.......talk soon

The first photo is some lovely flowers from hubby's work. He tells me 2 of his staff were going to visit until he found out and said I wasn't up for it. I was horrified. I'd met them once and probably wouldn't have known who they were. Very sweet but since my best friend hasn't been.....you get it. Anyway, very thoughtful. He's only been there since Feb and the flowers are stunning. Beautiful colours. A random patient walked into my room to smell them the other day......freaky....especially when you can't get away!!!!

The second is my wound during the dressing change

Thanks to Bill for resizing them for me :)
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
    image.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 253
  • [Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 256
Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck getting sprung from the hospital. Hope you get home soon. So glad your pain is manageable. Onward and upward from here for you


Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
More than welcome Sally and the wound looks great and the flower are beautiful - even have the raindrops on the window behind :)

Not to hijack your thread Sally but I must tell a story about unknown visitors - when I was in hospital for my slipped thingamebob a family of husband, wife and two kids came to see my (remember I was about 11). Started to chat and have a great old chinwag asking about the leg etc. after about 10 minutes it dawned on the lady that I really had no idea who they were and she asked me if I knew to which I had to embarrassingly admit I didn't - it turned out to be one of my Mum's cousins and her family that I had not seen for a while. That story got passed around the family for a few years I can tell you :)
 
Hi Sally! Just stopping by to say hello. Good for you for insisting on the test for the UTI. As many others have said, you know your body best. Better to be safe. I agree with you that it is probably from the catheter. I am glad that your OS seems to be on top of things. I am glad that your pain is not too bad and that you are able to get up and about more easily. Sending warm and fuzzy wishes. <3
 
You're sounding a LOT better, Sally. Very pleased to hear that. Great that you trusted your instincts & self-knowledge & directed the professionals to your UTI. I had one about a week or less following my THR while I was in the hospital's own rehab. Never had a symptom of any kind... don't even remember how they found it, but apparently it was serious enough (as in risk to others) that they actually isolated me!! They tossed my roommate out & made everyone entering the room wear some special gown-thing. Biggest impact on me was that my isolation status precluded my using the public PT areas which had the equipment; I was a captive in my room so had limited PT.

Don't know which is prettier -- the flowers or your scar!
 
I am glad you are feeling better each day Sally!
Hope that possible UTI goes back into its cave...
 
Thanks everyone...even more exciting news ....I'm leaving here in less than an hour on 1 crutch.

Spoke to OS on phone and he's happy for me to go.....just thought I was exhausted before that. He wanted to make sure the nurses weren't kicking me out!!!! He's so nice.

So I've go all my meds and I'm dressed. Got all the follow ups. Had a coffee. Gave myself a headspin in excitement. Woooooohooooooooo

Bill @fulafoto ...that's funny about the visitors and Ellen @shrinkette I can't believe they isolated you for a UTI...you poor thing. I didn't realise that. @Dieter hope your going well and be sure to remind me if that hat blows off again. @calikat thanks for all your support.....we now go back a fair way don't we???

I just looked at all my meds and I must say people.....don't get an infection in your prosethic hip joint peoples!!!!!

Hubby just text that he's on his way!!!!!

Talk soon
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom