Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sally, Today you turned the corner on a very long and arduous path. To some extent, we have all traveled it. In the days and weeks ahead, I know you will steadily improve and we will be with you every step of the way. Congratulations!
 
@Vetgirl so glad you are doing well!! :yes::SUNsmile::flwrysmile: I know you know the drill (and then some....) so, rest, ice, elevate, have a little ice cream, and dream of September and that springtime vacation with hubby :)
 
@Vetgirl So happy you are done with surgery. :). I hope your recovery goes smoothly, cuz you so deserve it with all you been through. All my best...Sue
 
Sally, I am so happy to read that you are on the otherside "again" you will always be my hippie buddy and I am wishing you the best and thinking about you. I'm sure you will have a smooth recovery, and you will be starting on your goals very soon. Big hug to you! :) :friends:
 
:loveshwr: It's wonderful to hear that you are doing well and getting all the care you need! How lovely that a kind nurse was there and that your sister was able to be with you for a bit! For now these are the order of the day - :chillpill: :ice: :sleeep: but pretty soon you'll be back to doing .... :hiking: :swim: :tennis2: :upright: :biking: :bath: :dancy: what ever you want to do :heehee:
 
Good morning my Aussie girl... I have to start the mad dash to work, but will text you xxxx love you heaps xx
 
Vetgirl,
Soooo happy the surgery is behind you and wishing you the best. I had tranfusion too, takes forever it seemed.
Take care and get some rest,
Chris :loveshwr:

@Jamie, just noticed the icon on Vetgirls Bonsmartie badge is for a knee, and while we welcome her, I am sure she would rather have a hip icon. A little R superscript would be nice if we had them.
 
Hi again everyone, Sally has asked me to update you all as she is really tired. She had a visit from the surgeon and he is really pleased. There was a bit of fluid in there but that was expected from bone rubbing on the spacer. They took several swabs from lots of internal areas and she is on IV antibiotics for a few days then back on orals. Leg looks great and movement OK for ankle etc. and better than previous surgeries and they think that is due to not having to cut and drill the bone. Her dead leg is less dead and the 2 blood transfusions went well and her low BP which usually causes heaps of problems has been helped by the transfusions. She said she is tired and doesn't have to get up until tomorrow if she doesn't want to and she is allowed full weight bearing when she does.

Another brilliant report Sally! You go girl!!!!
 
Oh, Sally, you go my lady, friend, you rest, ice, take care of you, but we can't wait to hear about your first walk! It will be soooooooo exciting!!:spin::dancy::friends::happydance::flwrysmile:
 
Oh Sally, I am so thrilled that things are going well. You are a true inspiration to us all. Looking forward to your updates. Praying its smooth sailing from here. Best of luck...
 
Thanks Bill @fulafoto, sounds like she's coming along.
Rest up Sally, I continue to keep you in my prayers. Joyce


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Bill - thanks for the update....Sally/VGirl! You are in my thoughts for a speedy recovery. You go Girl! LOL with Shrinkette's comment about fresh blood...! You are such a positive person...and I really believe in mind-body connections...so, do what you can to stay in the zone. You don't have to update, you just have to know there are many, many cyber hugs, and positive thoughts flying right to you!
 
Sounds like you are doing well, so happy! Must be Thursday morning there, how was your night? Always in my thoughts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom