Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best wishes for tomorrow Sally! I love the positive exciting list of your plans and goals. Especially the "I'm going to WALK". :) Also the harbour bridge, that's one of my goals too, I've done the Auckland one and that was really cool. Looking forward to doing Sydney one day.

Thinking of you Sally, lots of love.
 
love your plans. looking forward to hearing about your adventures. and new friends sounds good. and my best wishes and prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.
 
Best wishes Sally, @Vetgirl - it was so good chatting with you on the weekend and yes the three of us are going to catch up one day.. What do you think Bill, @fulafoto

I will be in touch hon - sending big hugs and lots of love xoxoxoxoxo
 
Praying for a wonderful new start for you @Vetgirl. Will be keeping an eye out for an update once you're on the other side!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Heartfelt wishes for the best possible outcome, Sally. I love your outlook. (I have a vision of a bunch of hippies converging on Sydney from all over the world to climb the harbour bridge with you :climb:).

Looking forward to your report from the other side!
 
@Vetgirl,

Interesting that you use the word invisible! Is that your family and friends making you feel that way, or just a feeling in general? When I was so sick with MRSA, I isolated myself from people! I didn't have the energy to care about much of anything. I hurt and tried to make the best of it, but there were days I would go to the bedroom and sleep all day. I didn't care. I wanted to be invisible!
 
@Vetgirl Thinking of you today and hope all went well and that you wake up feeling good. I am envisioning you on vacation in September, having a great time.
 
Sally, just wanted to say a little prayer for you going into your surgery, and ask others to agree with me here for protection during your surgery and full healing. (((Hugs))))

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits, Who forgives all your iniquity, Who HEALS all your diseases, Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, Who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s." (Psalm 103:1-5 ESV)

Lord Jesus, we know You are the great Healer, and we know that You know everything Sally and her family have been through in these last several months. Father, we ask that You would go before them today, that You would give the whole family a sense of overwhelming peace and hope for the future. We ask also, especially, for Sally, Lord - that You would give her an overwhelming sense of Your presence today, a confidence in knowing that You go before her into surgery, that You are present with her in the OR! We ask that You guide her surgeon's hands, that You give discernment to the team as a whole to see anything that might not be just right, and that You cover and protect Sally from anything that would have the potential of harm to her health.

Father, we ask for Sally's comfort and strength after surgery - that her body, which has endured so much already, would be healed by Your touch, and that You would give her insight into how much You love her and care for her. We ask that her recovery would go smoothly and that strength, health and renewed energy would be given to her.

Lord, You have promised that where we agree together in Your name, You hear and answer our prayers. So, God, we agree here, as one body of Believers, for Sally's restored health and safe passage through surgery and recovery. We rebuke anything, through the blood of Jesus, that would seek to cause her more harm and we claim her whole healing in Your Precious Name. Through Christ Jesus, Amen!!
 
Well here we are, it is 6:06 am and it is Sally's big day ... Already at the hospital - hang in there kiddo, just a few more hours and your real recovery will begin @fulafoto and I are with you in spirit xxxxxxxxxx
 
Hi everyone....I'm actually still at home reading your beautiful words of well wishes and prayers. I've woken up excited and amazingly calm. Maybe it was the beautiful heartfelt prayer from @moms4tne !!!! Thank you so much.....

Words truly escape me. That is so very touching and to think that you are care that much.....my heart is full.

I spoke to @Poppet for a while on Sunday and that also made me feel great too. I have always looked up to you and respected your opinion and you are just so sweet in person. If you got through your ordeal...then I will too.

To my other dear friend @fulafoto thanks for the chat last night. You have brightened my day many a time and made me laugh at my situation and all the walls I get parked against!!!!

I have received messages from the most unlikely people besides all of you....people who I wouldn't of expected which is so kind. Of course the friend who has hurt me so much liked my Facebook message but no text at all. May I wake up from surgery and not be so sad or bitter about this....time to let that go and focus of those that do care and my future.

I go to check in at 11 am. The anaesthetist rang last night and said I'll be on a drip of gentamicin for at least an hr prior to surgery. We we're chatting and she said that Anthony (OS) has been gutted that this happened and has gone over and over all his procedures etc....she reassured me that he was an excellent DR....which of course I know otherwise I wouldn't be going back. It doesn't hurt that he is nice looking too. LOL. Poppet and Bills wife agree with me but Bill doesn't agree...I suppose that's understandable!!!

When I was getting my xray and bloods at the hospital yesterday the staff were constantly singing his praises. That does give me even more confidence.

Ok time to go have a shower and pack.....

Thank you for helping me through this journey every step of the way......

I've posted the X-ray of my spacer which is shaped beautifully for those who are curious. The black dots are nothing....reflected from something while taking the photo.

See you on the other side AGAIN

[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
 
ALL THE VERY BEST TO YOU SALLY!! <3 and lots of hugs . Can't wait to see you on they side

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
@Vetgirl ... just adding my voice to the chorus of BoneSmartopians who are pulling for you and sending you good wishes for your upcoming surgery. You know what: I'm glad your surgeon is upset over what has happened and is racking his brain to figure out why it happened. Better that than one of these surgeons with the God complex who wash their hands of patients when something goes wrong. I think it sounds like you are in good hands.

Thank you for sharing so much of your story with all of us. It is enormously helpful. And so, so generous of you to chronicle all the things that have happened, as well as your thoughts and feelings about it all. I know that must know have been very easy to do sometimes. I hope it was cathartic or in some way helpful to you to get it all down on paper, so to speak.

I'm glad you have been meeting some new people in your life to make up for those who have been disappointing friends. I think many or maybe most of us on Bonesmart have had the unfortunate experience of finding out that some of our friends and family just aren't able "to be there" for us. But you've got the right attitude: Move on ... move out ... and make way for new people who are "go to" people.

Take care, dear Sally ... and know that you have a galaxy of fans here at Bonesmart who are thinking of you and sending good wishes, thoughts, prayers, whatever we've got !
 
@Vetgirl Praying that your day goes smoothly and that very soon you will be on your road to recovery. Please know how deserving you are of the cheering and prayers you are receiving from around the globe - you have been a constant cheer leader for so many. God bless you and be with you. Joyce


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi all,
Sally has texted me and asked me to pass on that she is in the ICU and has got a line in. She is scheduled to go in at 4:40-4:45 this afternoon - about 4 hours from now. And she sent me a photo of the wall too :)
 
Sally, I haven't been on Bonesmart in a while, but am glad I logged in today to see that you are on the road to walking again. You are in my prayers - may God bless you more than you could ever imagine! I look forward to hearing how your surgery and recovery go. Thank you so much for sharing your journey and positive outlook with so many.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom