Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sally -- I remembered you all day as not sure of time/day. My son is in Korea with the US Marines so I was trying to figure out the days. All the very best for you -- I am so excited for you to begin your new recovery and will await pictures from the top of the bridge! Tho, I've always wanted to visit Australia . . . . a hippie hike across the bridge sound like a darn good reason to me. Go girl -- you will do this!
 
Sally, you are in my prayers! All the beet to you for an un eventful recovery!:console2:
 
Sally, I hope you are doing well and recovering nicely. I know it can be difficult but update us when you can. We care!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
Hi....I'm very drugged up.

God love Wayne, but of course surgeon can't tell if infection is gone, what he said was there were no signs of infection, that is tissue was looking healthy

Couldn't stop cry crying when Wayne had to leave. One of the nurses from the ward I am usually on, came down because she heard I was here and saw me bawling and gave me cuddles. I miss my mum. When I'm in theatre, recovery etc I am constantly reminded of her. Please remind me to talk about all the signs I have had this week when I'm lucid and can use both hands to type....that's if your interested of course.

What I wanted to say, was that the lovely nurse that came down To visit and hug me , Bella, said my sister was on and so she went and got her. That was so lovely. She gave me a big hug, I cried blah blah bla. It was great that they let her come down even though she had her own patients. We haven't always been close but we since had kids and mum passed away, things are great (ish) but when it counts....it counts. Mum would be proud of us

Ok, I have so much to say but I'm getting the first of at least 2 blood transfusions and have an arterial line and splint on the hand/ wrist so it's hardtop typing pls I'm out of it. Thanks for caring......@dieter I'm taking photos for my book. Bill @fulafoto and @Poppet thanks.....for texting me

@busylizzie hope you ok
 
Rest up well my friend, you have a lot of life to catch up on!. Are you in alot of pain? Have you been able to get up yet and feel it the new hip?


Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Hi Sally - It's 10:30 am Wednesday here in Eastern Canada, 10:30 pm there. Woke up thinking of you - by now you should be "done & dusted" and probably in recovery. Keeping you in my prayers in terms of pain management and comfort. Looking forward to hearing from you when you're able. (((Hugs)))
 
Walk. :heehee::loll::heehee:.....I'm hooked up to. 3 IV s getting a blood transfusion then having another....so I won't be up fo for a bit

Yes have pain but managed with lots and lots of drugs
 
Hi Sally....I've just arrived in Portugal but just wanted to check in & see how it's going for you....loving your list of things to do & see....by the positivesness of your posting...you are going to do all that and more!! Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Ok drugs are a good thing. Better living thru chemistry. When will they try to get you up? Have you had something to eat yet?


Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
@Vetgirl thanks for thinking about me. I'm having trouble typing as well. I have a urinary catheter, epidural and 2 catheters. I've had elevated temperatures since surgery. I had my first walk down the ward this afternoon and impressed the physio. Taking each day as it comes. I have to stay in hospital 8 to9 days on IV antibiotics

Take care, good hearing from you
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom