Guest viewing is limited

In pain, confusion and uncertainty after 4 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joesephine and All,
Hey, thanks for emailing and checking on me. I'm still in the ball game (as my father used to say). I'm sorry that I haven't kept pace with you all. I have, and I do appreciate very much your concerns and support. I have been concerned that you all might be weary of my situation and frightening to those beginning the recovery process.

It has been a busy month. I got hooked up with a new P.T. (he has been in the area a long time and he's about my age). He has been very sensitive to where I am at in this process and he's been gentle with me. On the other hand he is challenging me. He believes I have been restricted by adhesions or scare tissue, and he is working to break up the tissue with stretching, some basic, light strengthening. Today, after I asked him about it, he said that it has likely taken this long to get to a point where someone could really work with me on it.

At any rate, I have been doing sessions with him two times a week in addition to working full time and making other doctor appointments. The sessions have been difficult-really painful at times, but I haven't had the really acute pain I had for months when I attempted anything. So I get some sore and stiff, but I think I'm progressing. But gee!, it is slooooow. I have a lot of ground to make up. But now that I smell a lttle progress, I' am motivated. I'm going in to get some year-point xrays later in October to see if anything shows up in the joint.

I've got to promise you all that if I should walk off a pier or something (it's unlikely I can paddle with the crutches) that I'll have someone email you so you wont be left wondering about me.

By the way, my friends plan to have me stuffed and placed on a bicycle above a tall billboard announcing the "Museum of the Legend" (that's what they call me) along with audio tours and signed pictures and accounts of my notable, embellished feats in a small outlying, declining town here so to boost the economy. So you may not need an email-you may be able to see it on CNN.

Pete :dogkiss: , of course, sends his regards to everyone-even my enemies. Thanks so much for reaching out to me. I'll try to to stay in the mix with you allL
In love, gratitude and appreciation for you all,
Jim
 
Awesome to hear from you Jim, we were all looking for you :thmb: So glad to hear that you are feeling some improvement. I know how what you mean about slow ... the word has taken on a whole new meaning for me this year. Like it's a millimetre a day with a mile to go ... but so long as it is in the right direction.
good luck!
 
Jimbo, it's nice to have you back. :thmb:

Personally, I like reading all the recovery stories, good and bad.. if only the "good" ones posted, we'd all get a false impression of the whole process.

My recovery isn't going as quickly as some here, but those baby step milestones are awesome all the same:thmb:

I wish you well..
 
Makes my day hearing from you again Jimbo. Thanks for checking in. Keep up the good work with PT. Yes - it might take some time but sounds like you are on the right track finally!
 
Hi, Jacey!
I've got an elementary question-I'm sure the answer is right under my nose. What is the quickest way to find someone's thread(s), not just their posts? I have been reading threads intermittently as they appear in posts ,but is there a place where a member's threads are listed?
Silly me-thanks, Jim
 
Hi Jimbo
Just left click on members name,left click on view members profile,left click on show all statistics (on right hand side with picture of member) you will then see all posts and threads by the member just left click on the threads or posts if you want to read either.

Norman
 
Hey Jim!!!!
I was so happy to see you posted and even more to hear you have a new PT who is helping you to feel better!!!:D That is so wonderful to hear finally and I hope you continue to make progress. With a little hope there is more will!
You certainly will have a monument in your name!!!! I am sure they will put Pete up there too!!!
We aren't tired of hearing from you as you can see. And just like Thomasina said we all take different times to heal....You just keep up your faith now and again again so happy your ok!!!
Sandy
 
Hi, Norman!
With your help I just read your last thread (I think). I can relate with the unmitigated uncertainty of dealing with the medical community. I hope you were able to get answers to all your questions.
Thanks again, Jim
 
Oh, Sunshine!,
I am sooooo stiff and sore this morning! I took my optimism and cashed it in on some deliberate exercising yesterday that has left me lame today. But I do feel like I can loosen things up and feel better with some movement. That's much different than in the earlier months when I would be beached for a couple of days.

It's true about life too, isn't it? We move around through discomfort, comfort, hapiness and pain (emotional and physical). At least I can trust that this discomfort wont last.

Thanks for your greeting, Jim
 
Jim, it made my morning to read your post and know that you are feeling like you are making some progress. I am so glad you have that wonderful PT in your life. It sounds like you're not ready for the taxidermist just yet!!! We're all in your corner and rootin' hard for you.
 
Hi Jimbo, looks like Norm beat me to answering your question. I have been running around all day like a headless chicken. Now I am joining you in being sore. But yes - it's all temporary!
 
Hi Jim - Great to hear from you! I was wondering how you were doing, and it sounds as if you are busy in general and making some (even if slow) progress in specific. I am so, so glad!
Thanks for checking in - you've made my day much happier!:thmb:
 
Jim, Jim, my dear chap! It's so lovely to see you back here again. And more, to hear you are actually making progress!

Here's a nice cyber hug for you ((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
 
I do understand being sore all over!!! Sometimes I wish I had one of those hot springs around so I could just float in one!! This is one experience I have never had but dream of.:pray:
I remember I used to put my dog in my hot tub when I had my house. He had pins in his leg as he was hit by a car! I think he loved it more then me and came out not limping and going nuts running after!!! Boy do I wish I had that tub again!!! And my dog!!!:dogkiss:

Your right, somehow we manage to get through it all! Then we look back and wonder how we made it!!! Happy your back!!!!
Sandy
 
Sandy, Yeah, I have been clinging to a hot pad this weekend (I would get into a hot tub but have been told there not recomended with a pacemaker).
The pain of Friday progressed into a pretty tough weekend. I didn't get much sleep last night, and I am struggling this morning (may have to cancel the day and go home).
So here comes the flood of frustration, discouragement and the fear that I'm back where I was when I attempted PT the first time.
But thanks for the welcome, Sandy. I'm glad that this is a come-as-you-are (now) party.
Jim
 
Hi, Jimbo-I have been reading your thread and catching up on your progress. I'm so glad you found a PT who is helping you.

Here's my humble opinion about today: don't cancel-go to see your PT and let him witness (first hand) what you are experiencing. Perhaps he can provide alternative exercises and coping skills to help you deal with this. If you don't go, you won't know...again, just my opinion.

FYI-I am not any sort of medical expert...I had a LTHR 5 weeks ago today. I'm 55 and cannot remember ever walking without pain before the surgery. My ortho thinks I was either born with a bad hip (that just worsened as time went on), or I was somehow injured as a small child. I was told I needed a hip replacement over 20 years ago and told the doctor 'you'll see me when I can't stand the pain anymore.' Well, this summer, I reached that point. And...here I am...working to recover...

So...just wanted to share my thoughts...I hope you get through this setback soon. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"
 
Hi Jimbo, I had a rough weekend and am feeling the same way you are today. Maybe it's the weather? Damp has always bother by back.

But don't give up Jimbo. I agree with wipurplechick - maybe your PT should see you in this state. Keep moving and doing easy exercises. It's a step forward and then a couple back. But we will get there Jimbo - I just know we will.

Hang in there. Keep us updated please.
 
Jim, I'm sorry you are hurting again. It's so NOT FAIR! I think purplechick had an excellent suggestion to try and get to your PT even though you are in pain. It could help for them to see firsthand what is going on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom