In pain, confusion and uncertainty after 4 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, I'm happy to hear that someone has finally listened to you. We may be recovering together if I can get up the courage to make a call this week and schedule my revision. I really don't want to go through this again. I know you don't either but hopefully we will both get better soon.

Rebecca, it won't be a manipulation. Jim is getting a whole new hip joint put in....a revision.

Ohhhhh.....ohhhhh.....sorry!!! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I agree, Rebecca. Jim has been through more than any 10 people should have to endure. He is in my prayers every single day. 'Night!!!

Jim, I have been thinking about you and hoping your pain is a bit more controlled now. So sorry you have to go through more surgery! But at least you will finally get resolution to the problem.

Please do keep us updated. We are all sending you the good (((((vibes)))))!

Hi, Jim-I stopped by to check and see whether you'd gotten any help...I'm sorry to hear you'll be going thru more surgery, but I am happy to hear you finally have found someone who will help you. I'm praying for you. I hope the days between now and then are happy and that your pain levels are manageable (I would like to say pain free, but I don't think that's realistic, since the pain is what has driven you thus far!).
Take care of yourself!!

Jim, I was just catching up and you've been through so much since I last logged on!! I am so sorry for your continued pain - I hope it's a bit better now.... and I do hope and pray the revision surgery mends you!!!:pray:

Hi Jimbo, I have been thinking about you lots! Hope you are coping OK. Won't be long now.

Hang in there my friend!

Oh Jim I am so happy that someone has finally come through for you!! I know surgery is not the greatest thing to lookforward to but ...when your in pain like you have been all this time it can be a blessing! Pain can take so much quality out of our lives even when we grin and bare it! And you have certainly done that!!!

I wish you the best and that all will be taken care of and were all so happy for you. It just shows ((Never give up))!!! Where there is a will there is a way..and you found it!
A few weeks and hopefully you will be getting ready for a new beginning and and we will all be here to cheer you on!!!:thmb: Keep posting!!!:cnsl:
Sandy

Jim...how are you doing today??? I just stopped by your thread to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending good thoughts out your way.

Hi, Jamie!
I'm doing pretty well today, but that's because I haven't been doing much of anything this week. I've gotten over the horrible weekend of last week, and I have valium and hydrocodone at my side if I need it.

Revision surgery got moved up to November 8 (Monday), and tommorow I'll do the blood work at the hospital and get squared away with the surgeon on Tuesday. Of course I have all the equipment here from the 18 months I have been using the stuff. Did I tell you I can use the crutches like giant chop sticks and eat with them? Yep, us veterans know how to improvise.

Oh!, and my sister-in-law has let me borrow a bonifide hospital bed with electric controls which I am already using-nice!

I guess I ought to open a thread on the other side of the net (pre-op). I feel like I'm trying to close a long, and not necessarily good novel. Let's hope the new story provides for a happy ending.

Thanks for checking on me.
Jim

Wow Jimbo - great news about your date getting pulled in. We are all here cheering you on! I've been thinking about you as well as I am just going through a bad spell of unexplained pain :hissy:. When do we get a break!

Looking forward to your updates post-op! Hang in there Jimbo!

I'm glad your surgery got moved up (to my birthday!) I'm sure it's going to be a great day and this will be a successful surgery for you!

Pat....now we have TWO reasons to celebrate on that day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts