Guest viewing is limited

THR I'm on the other side!!

Thanks for stopping by, always good to hear from you, newguy! Unbelievable that it's 2 years, 8 months since your surgery already. Time sure flies. I hear a clicking on ocassion myself and just ignore it. Sounds like you're doing extremely well. Enjoy the rest of the Summer...it's fading fast. :wink: :SUNsmile:
@newguy
 
Sounds like you are doing fantastic. I don't have any noises coming from my 2 + year old hip & I'm back walking a lot.
So enjoyed getting back to my nice long walks & just feeling normal again.
Year one flew by & it was a year of learning & accepting patience of a slower but steady recovery. Did have small set back but nothing too serious.
Now Year 2 & onto year 3 I'm fantastic!
It's almost hard to believe that in February it will be 3 years.
Thanks for update & enjoy the rest of summer.
 
Hip sounds, clicking still happens at odd times. No pain everything is great.Still slow jogging 40-45 miles a week. I just sound like the Tin Man in the wizard of oz:)))
 
My 20 month old knee clicks as regularly as a metronome - I told my surgeon if he was going to do that he could at least have made it a step counter :heehee:
 
Hey all :)) Happy holidays!! Merry Xmas , Happy New Year. Today , 3 years ago right now I woke up from surgery!!! In 15 minutes I am going for a 7 mile jog :))) . It is so great . Love it and love ya all . It will get better. Embrace the process!!
 
Hi happy newguy!
Three years! That certainly went by quickly.
We love you too and we're thankful you shared your journey, support, positivity and good cheer with all.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I wish you the merriest of Christmases and many blessings in the New Year!

SEVEN MILE jog, wow!

:carols: :santa-dance:
@newguy
 
Hi @newguy Happy Holidays to you and yours.. wishing you many more Happy Trails..:christmas-carols-smiley-emoticon:
 
Hi @newguy !!

What a great, inspiring post !!

Here I am on a little get away from home and wondering when I'll be able to ditch the crutch when on long walks with the precious husband. I am 6 weeks post op tomorrow. I had to sit in the car yesterday after a fair walk while my hubby mosied about a thrift store.

You have reminded me that there is a bright, shiny light at the end of this hip journey tunnel.

Happy holidays to all :christmas-carols-smiley-emoticon:
 
Good for you i think we all have different experiences and opinions when it comes to dealing with pain. I used opioids for about 10 days after surgery I was lucky the pain subsided i was left with weird discomfort sometimes it felt like worms were crawling up and down my leg or what felt like a shock go up my leg. Weird stuff most of that is gone sometimes a little shock nothing like the beginning . Keep moving forward don’t overdo more doesn’t always mean better one step one breath at a time.
 
Going on 3 and a half years now . I ran , slow 10 miles yesterday:)) . I see my surgeon on the 25th for my 2 year follow up from my 1 and a half year follow up. Does that sound right;? Anyway kids it gets better and everything is just good at this time. My pace is 10 to 12+ min miles . Average 6 miles a day the past year.
 
Last edited:
Hi newguy!
So nice to see you on the forum and hear that you're doing well. I wish you the best for your visit with the OS and hope you have a great Summer 2025! Thanks for stopping by with an update!
@newguy
 
Thanks for the update, @newguy. Your post will give hope and inspiration to hippies who are still in the early days of their recoveries.
 
Thanks for sharing! I really enjoy hearing positive recovery stories. It helps so much when recovery feels such a slow process in the early months. Whenever I'm having a tough day, updates like yours perk me up. Thanks again and congratulations on a recovery.
 
Saw my Surgeon today 3.5 years . X ray shows no wear . Zip nada . I have run yes slow 10 min miles about 4000 of them since the surgery!! Cross Linked Polymer in the cup is the key he says . Said hips put in during the 1990s would have showed significant wear !! Kids it really is great !! Oh and says come see me in 3 to 5 years !!
 
Thanks for the update, newguy!
Happy to know you're doing great...the kind of news we celebrate! :happyfeet::thumb:
Cheers to many more years of all the good stuff. :cheers:
@newguy
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom