THR I'm on the other side!!

Hi @newguy ,
Congratulations for your performance. Great. Enjoy the jogging - and no more cancers.

I did run Frankfurt Marathon yesterday - a bit bit faster than last year - it was freeeeezing but I finished it. Also did the AIDS run in Frankfurt - 8 years PO. :)

I wish you the best

Constanze
 
Agreed! The sun is only your friend in small doses with sunscreen or from a shady place. I wish you good healing and health going forward. Keep up the good work.
 
Good to hear from you newguy!
Sounds like you're back to living. Heal up well from the Mohs surgery and take good care!
@newguy
 
Hi @newguy
Great to see you doing so well!:thumb:
 
Hey kids!! Merry Christmas Happy New Year and BOOOM!! Happy 2 YEAR exactly today my new hip. We logged 2 miles at 5am today to celebrate my 5:30 am Dec 21, 2021 visit to my surgery. I am averaging 30+ miles a week of slow running but it is so great !! Oh that skin cancer surgery back on October 30 on my shin... Second intention healing really does take 6-12 weeks to heal. Almost all healed!!
 
Nice to hear from you, newguy. Thanks for dropping by.:wave:
Happy Two Year Anniversary!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and many blessings in the New Year!
@newguy
 
Happy Two Year Anniversary!
30 + miles is very good. I know that makes you happy.
Don’t be a stranger, we enjoy the updates.
Happy Holidays!
 
Happy Two Year Anniversary and doing 2 miles to celebrate sounds like a great way to start the day! Wow 30+ miles a week, how awesome!
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon::happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
 
Hey kids, just another update and check in. I turned 68 and now my new hip is 2 years and 4 months old:)) Jogging slow 4,5,6 or even 7 slow miles a day. All good. Hip fantastic. Just be patient. It all gets better with time. Enjoy the warmer weather, oh wait all winter was warm:)))
 
That sounds great, @newguy! I'll turn 68 in August. I had my left hip replaced in 2015. You can read my recovery diary if you have the patience:). Yes, February was warm also over here in Germany.

I'm a slow jogger, too. Have got a marathon planned in Wiesbaden this coming June. Today, I had a slow 29.9 km jog - all good.
 
Hey newguy!
Always a pleasure to hear from you! A belated Happy 68th!
You’re doing awesome. I’m so happy for you.
Leaving this post with a smile on my face. :) Thanks for stopping by.
@newguy
 
2.5 year update. Ok , 68 years old now . I am now on day 4 of jogging 10 miles a day . It is slow . Not much faster than walking . Not pounding at all . Feel great . Been building up miles last 9 months. The 10 miles a day last 4 days has felt great. It is the summer of C:))) My goal is to jog 10 a day for the next 96 days . Uh …. Maybe:))) yes all it gets so much better. Don’t rush the healing.
 
Thanks for the lovely update @newguy . You're a hero and we need heros. Another 1 1/2 months and I'll be 68, too. Well, I went to Wiesbaden for my marathon but got escorted out of the marathon after 31 km. Wouldn't have been a problem to do the extra 12 but they have a 5 hour time limit on this one and I'm a slow coach. My next marathon, if any, will be one without a 5-hour time limit. Well they gave me a medal and a finisher T-shirt anyway. And the atmosphere and the music were great.
And you - keep up the jogging! Enjoy it! Are you also preparing for a marathon? Just asking hi hi hi.:)
 
Racing days are done . Way too slow . My plan is to just stay healthy. Do my jogging and eat right keep weight down . :))
 
@newguy that's a pretty good 2.5 year update! Wow, 10 miles, can't even imagine doing that anymore plus its just way too hot here. Keep up the good work and thanks for dropping in and lending encouragement to those that aren't as far as you are.
 
End of summer update and now 2 years and 8 months hip replacement update. Hip feels great, running 11-12 min miles 6-10 per day. Will cut back to 5-7 next week, starting to work at high schools next week. Sub teaching. June July. August ran 600 miles. Ok so I jogged 600 slow miles, but at 68 YO it is all good.

A funny thing my hip makes a clicking sound when I bend a certain way of squat down to pick up something. I have heard this sound for over a year and thought it was a loose ceramic sink in our hall bathroom, or when I would place my hand on a counter in the kitchen bending over to get a garbage bag and my ring would hit it. I figured it out while on vacation when I heard the sound in the hotel room. Seems to be a thing. Nothing bad just a thing.
 
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom