THR I'm on the other side!!

Congrats! You have LOTS to celebrate and be happy about. :yahoo:
Yummy, soft, squishy, sweet smelling babies. LOVE THEM.
@newguy
 
Great to hear such a positive update.
Onward and upward, hippy pal
:happyfeet:
 
A great read here (use search engine): What exercises to avoid post hip replacement by larson sports orthopedic center.

Hope you all are doing well. Me going on 7 months and walking 6 to 10 miles a day about 15 min a mile and yes I have been slow jogging 1 to 2 miles during the walks at 11 min mile. Feels good and looking to walk 200 miles a month and 10% jogging. so about 20 miles of jogging a month. 5 miles a week. That's it folks. Just enough to get my average mile time to 14 min a mile during my walks. All good!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You’re doing great! Keep it up and enjoy. I’m going to check out the article…Thanks for sharing.
Happy Weekend!
@newguy
 
That is a good article. Thanks for sharing. I hope others take the time to read it.
@newguy
 
Somebody is doing really well!! Well done @newguy .

Going to go read your article... thank you for sharing.
 
7 months today . Kool . Going on a 10 sweaty mile walk with 1 to 2 miles of slow jogging while out there next 2+ hours. Zip nada no pain anywhere in that new hip .
 
Happy Seven Month Anniversary!
I hope you enjoyed your sweaty mini marathon and have a great Thursday and weekend. :)
@newguy
 
Happy 7 months and boy do you sound happy! It's truly a miracle, isn't it?? This is a surgery that seems to have been well perfected.
 
:egypdance: New hips rock!
Hope the rest of your summer is Sweet!
 
Just have to tell you all. I jogged a nice easy 26 minutes this morning. Out the front door and around the neighborhood and back to the house. Strength is returning to the leg. Zero pain in the new hip is so crazy good. I have been in contact with many runners who have had replacements. Many are running in my eyes way too many miles and racing again. I will not do that. I might get to 4 miles straight but like I have said earlier I am done with running. I will continue to walk hike and slow jog. Everyone ... It gets BETTER!! Do not ever question it. Just be patient. We all made a great choice. Remember there was destruction and construction inside our bodies during the surgery. !!!
 
Well done on returning to jogging @newguy ! So glad you are taking the conservative approach. It will mean you have many years of pain free activity.
 
That's great you're jogging, I'm sure I could do it but I think I'll pass. I want this junk to last me, too hard to replace. I do plenty of other things and it is great to be able to do things pain free. I'd say we could do anything that we're willing to pay the price and take our chances with.
 
That's great you're jogging, I'm sure I could do it but I think I'll pass. I want this junk to last me, too hard to replace. I do plenty of other things and it is great to be able to do things pain free. I'd say we could do anything that we're willing to pay the price and take our chances with.
Oh I’m in the same thought process. I don’t want to do this again. My jogging is slow 11/12 min miles from my walking 15/16 min miles . Not hard landing just easy strides on soft grass .
 
So 1083 walked and 68.5 miles slow jog since December 21st :))) Zero pain is so good . I will say though, no way right now about 8 months since the replacement that I can jog any faster . That titanium stem is a governor !!:)))
 
That is so fantastic! I was a runner too but happily walking around 8-10 thousand steps for now! Never say never. Just have to wait to see what the future brings!
 
I can't believe it's 8 months already, new guy! Glad to hear you're doing well.
You, on your first anniversary, just before Christmas ->:banana-santa:
Take care!
@newguy
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom