THR I'm back & having issues with non operated hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there Kiwi @Gilly - you might like to read this article, still early days for you...

Slow and steady and remembering that recovery from a joint replacement can be a marathon and not a sprint gives one permission to recover in one's own timeframe :)

The following is a link to an article which provides the current science regarding the healing beneath and around the implant and approximate timeframes for the healing phases and processes and the relevant nutritional information for each phase.

Healing Phases & Nutrition
 
@Legin you're so right we always seem to think the worst of things , well I do. I hadn't even thought about an infection until the doctor mentioned it. He gave me clearance to drive to. I took a 10 minute drive and didn't feel right, so have decided to wait till I see the surgeon for my f/up apt. I think I would of been better had I had an automatic.
@Hoppy Nanny I'm very paranoid and perhaps I'm expecting to much. I made such good progress straight after the op but things have slowed down a bit now. I would be so lost without BoneSmart that's for sure.


Have a lovely day. I can't believe Xmas is less than a week away, it's gone so fast this year...:santa hug:
 
I'm trying hard to focus on walking properly but it feels really awkward. Does it take long to feel normal again?

Merry Xmas all you lovely BoneSmarties....:snowman:
 
Still early days @Gilly . At almost 11 weeks out I am doing the same thing. You might benefit from working with a physio.
 
When your leg is ready to.walk.properly it will as this is its natural movement. I foundbi would be walking and.suddenly thought hang on I am bending knee more. My first heel raise was done without thinking. Your leg wants to work just it knows it can't right now. Give it time and you will soon.pass the test of applying foot to the ogre as many have done. Keep smiling

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @Jaycey & @Legin I will keep at it & fingers crossed it comes right sooner than later...It's a struggle....:fingersx:
 
Hi @Gilly. I'm at 15 weeks post-op now and still struggle with the gait but it is improving. I went for a walk yesterday outside (It is winter with snow where I live and the packed snow was quite uneven) and noticed how improved my gait was over last week, but also noticed how bad my left hip is. Right leg moved forward beautifully while left leg kinda dragged!


RTHR - Sept. 8 2014
LTHR - Jan. 19 2015
 
You are like I.was pushing recovery and in hindsight caused my self pain. Listen.to your.muscles.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I feel like my hip clicks sometimes, should I be worried about this???

Cheers

Merry Xmas everyone....:reindeerlights:
 
Does it hurt or do you just feel or hear a click? If it doesn't hurt, it's probably fine and the clicking should decrease as you continue to recover. My hip is almost 5 years old and it still clicks once in a while.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @alexthecat no it doesn't hurt, just hear clicks. It is a weird feeling....Thanks for replying you have made me feel bit better...


Merry Xmas....:santaclap:
 
I had a "popping" sensation with in my left hip. It fades with time - or maybe I just got used to it!
 
I get same its my pedometer well not that often more slothodmeter

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Prior to my THR my hip used to click when walking. THR fixed this, I hope the same for you over time @Gilly - Merry Xmas Kiwi from across the ditch x
 
Comes frpm many a year looking in mirror. Hv a grand crimbles
 
Merry Xmas to you @Poppet
I hope it goes over time as well as it's a weird feeling... :santa hug:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom