THR I'm back & having issues with non operated hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another question - My incision is quite sore and I have a tight burning feeling. Is this normal? Sorry it is probably a silly question but I haven't had any stitches before..I'm now into my 6th week. Am I able to use bio-oil on it yet or should I wait and discuss with my surgeon at my follow up appointment?

Cheers :doggie:
 
I used deprobase on.my yound as I use it like soap. My psoriasis isn't a.great fan of.majority of.soaps.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Jaycey not sure if you have seen my update re above but wondering if I need to be concerned with my incision. It appears to be inflamed, burning, hot to touch and a bit sore. Should I seek medical advise or it this normal? I have bee resting this afternoon and had ice on it..
@Josephine I hope you don't mind that I have tagged you in on my post...

Cheers
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Gilly, just been reading your thread. You sound so much like me as I went through the weeks. I also had a hard time with sleeping, restrictions, and fears. I've dealt with anxiety off and on for several years, so this really brought it out. Your last post caught my attention because I posted the same concerns, probably at about the same point in my recovery. After a while of being stressed about my incision being red, warm, and burning I finally figured it out. For me, it was the ice. I have sensitive skin on my face, so apparently I have it everywhere else too. And the cold was causing the redness and burning. I experimented to make sure by not icing for a day and it seemed to me that's what it was. Of course I went back to it because the benefits outweighed a little redness and strange feelings. I have no idea if my experience could be what's going on with you, but just a little idea for you to maybe ease your mind a bit. I know if I knew others had the same things that bothered them, I would feel a little better. Of course if it continues you should contact your Dr.
I'm at 3/12 months now and doing really well. It took longer than some for me to get here, but finally it did. So hang in there. Wishing you the best, Rhonda


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Rhonda K, cheers for getting back to me. It's funny you mention about sensitive skin cos I do (hadn't thought about that)... So after icing it last night it looked worse. Looking at it this morning it looks better but the end looks slightly red still. I did a fair bit of walking round yesterday so maybe this has affected it. I'm not so sure but I hope it goes away as it has been healing nicely. I read a few things on the net last night about infection so guess what I was awake every 2 hours worrying about it. I may pop to the doctors tomorrow and have it checked to ease my mind or may go see someone today. Thanks for your message.

Have a super day...
 
@Gilly, always better safe than sorry. That's the way I look at it. I remember taking my temp every couple of hours when I was worried about infection...lol....but better safe than sorry. Let us know what happens.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Gilly Have you been icing your incision? Did you perhaps forget to put a tea towel around the ice pack? Or perhaps you need a thicker towel of your skin is very sensitive. I would not use anything on your incision. They heal very well on their own.
 
Hi @Jaycey I had actually stopped icing my hip as things have been healing pretty well. I noticed a bit of redness as the end of my incision and then decided to ice it. My hubby thought I could of overdone things when we went out. I did put the ice straight on my incision because with it covered up I felt it wasn't doing anything, and that did make it worse. It has settled down today but still has some redness (not as bad) and it is a bit hot. I made a call yesterday and spoke to a nurse, she asked me a fair bit of questions but seemed to think I didn't have to be too worried. I am going to take myself to see the doctor today as I am a bit concerned.

Thanks for getting back to me...:cool:
 
I did put the ice straight on my incision because with it covered up I felt it wasn't doing anything, and that did make it worse.
What you have is a burn from applying ice direct to some very sensitive skin. Never apply ice direct - always with a tea towel wrapped around it. Please let us know what the doc says.
 
I think you are probably right @Jaycey but it worries me that it became so red in the first place and is still slighty red and hot. There was no redness in it at all. I will let you know how I get on at the docs..

Cheers
I hope you are feeling better....
 
Hi @Rhonda K and @Jaycey just saw my doctor. He seems to think it is red from the scar healing and no infection. However he has put me on a course of antibiotics and also blood tests just to be on safe side. My follow up appointment with my surgeon is next week. I am feeling a bit better now but I will remember next time when I ice to make sure I wrap something around it..

Cheers and have a great day...
 
Great news @Gilly! Good for you for checking it out. We need to eliminate any worries we have when we can. Glad it seems to be ok. I think you should be feeling stronger real soon. Good Luck!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad your doc was able to reassure you @Gilly @RhondaK is so right...it's always best to check things out.
In a few months time all these worries will be a thing of the past. Hope your follow up appointment goes well & hope you have a Happy & Healthy New Year. Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Quick update week 7 - Had a couple of hiccups along the way (nothing serious) my recovery is going well apart from the restless sleeps every night. I wake up so much its horrible!!! But no arthritis pain yahoo... and am sure I just need to hang in there as it's got to get better.....Once I have seen my surgeon and he is happy, I will feel a lot better. I am back to work next week so am sure it's going to be tiring..However I am sooooo ready and feel I need to get things back on track...
Happy new year @Legin and @Hoppy Nanny my New Year was fairly quiet, we went to a friends place for a barbee, home by 10.30am and pretty much went straight to bed....Hope you both have a good one to....Wow, this year has gone so fast...

:wowspring:

It's going to be a sunny day so will enjoy the sunshine......Have a fab day.....
 
Happy New Year @Gilly... quiet one here too, brought the New Year in with my folks here at home, phone calls from the kids. Your restless nights will get better, mine have finally settled a bit... back to my "usual" less than ideal pattern anyway :heehee:

Work will be tiring next week, for sure, but getting some "normal" back in your life is SOOOOO good

see ya,
Donna xx
 
Hi @craftdee I can't wait to have a better nights sleep. I feel really awful some mornings cos so tired, but wasn't getting much sleep before my op either so it's no different. Like you say, it does get better....I am still looking for patience, just can't find it...lol.... It's also warm here and humid at night, so sleeping with a pillow between my legs and one by my side makes it even hotter!!! Defo glad to be getting back to work...How is the number 4 coming along for you?....lol...I won't forget that, loved it.....I will be asking the same question next Thursday.......:happydance:

Happy New Years to you Donna....x

PS - Glad your sleeping has improved....
 
Happy New Year to you @Gilly! May 2015 be the year we have been waiting for. As in having the worse behind us all (feels so good) and nothing but good, happy days ahead. Here's to a happy, healthy, much less painful new beginning!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom