THR I'm an official Hippie

Hi MimiMimi :hi:
I hope you enjoyed Christmas and are having a nice January.
Wishing you a Happy Three Month Anniversary a couple days early.
How are you doing? Tell us something good....we're all ears.
Hope 2019 is a great year for you!
@MimiMimi
 
Hi @Layla !
Yes, it's almost been three months! I keep reminding myself to be patient with my progress.
I cancelled my physical therapy appt, which was recommended by the OS's physician's assistant, because it just didn't make sense to me that it would help.
The good news is I'm about 50% better.
I see the OS at the end of February, so I will give it till then and see if I improve some more. Thanks for asking how it's going.
Mimi
 
:wave:Hope all keeps getting better and better...three months is still early so don't worry.
I hope today is a Good Day!:flwrysmile:
 
Hi, @MimiMimi! I hope everything is going well. I know that perhaps only being at 50% seems a bit dreary, but it's 50% better than you were before surgery, I'm guessing. It is just a slow, tedious trudge, I think, although if you look back to where you were, it will make you smile, I hope, and take comfort in that fact that you've come so far--hurray for you! I get frustrated, too--I feel as if I'll never get back my strength or flexibility, and that lovely comfortable body "ease" I enjoyed before all this hip "junk" started. But, I also try to remember to take it one day at a time, knowing there will be setbacks but also realizing that compared to pre-surgery, I'm doing remarkably well and need to be grateful for that. Anyway, just checking in--and happy Monday!
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Wondering how you're doing over the past month? I hope well.
You'll have to update us after your OS appointment at the end of the month.
We'd love to hear of your progress and it's inspiring to those following behind you.
Enjoy the weekend!
@MimiMimi
 
It's been almost5 months since my surgery.
I just noticed a little hole in my incision and exudate. I'm thinking this is not good.
 
Probably good to go see your family doctor just in case.
 
Hi @MimiMimi
I'm with, Jaycey.
If it was me....I'd call the office of my OS and let them offer reassurance either over the phone, or in person
if they ask you to stop in so they can take a look.
Possibly they'll let you forward a photo? Worth checking on.
Please stay in touch...
 
I sent them a photo and they think it's a suture abcess. They want to see me Monday afternoon. I hope it really is nothing serious.
I have no fever but have had chills, fatigue and headache and soreness in the area for several weeks. Now this
 
Hi MimiMimi,
Wondering if you mentioned the above when you spoke to the surgeon's office? If you did and they didn't seem concerned, I'd try not to worry. I understand easier said than done.
Prayers all is well. Keep the faith and keep us posted.
@MimiMimi
 
Following are some common signs of infection, none of which you mentioned having...
Fever
Unusual or increasing pain
The incision is hot to the touch
A change in the size of the incision
A change in the odor of the discharge
A yellow or green discharge that is increasing
Redness or hardening of the surrounding area
Excessive bleeding that has soaked through the incision
 
:praying: Mimi
Will be thinking of you.
 
I saw the physician's assistant today. She poked around the abscess and expressed a little bit of stuff from it. It really hurt! It's very tender in that area.
She said she thinks it's is from a stitch and that it is superficial and will heal on it's own. I wasn't very convinced, but we will see....
 
Thanks for updating, MimiMimi.
I understand your concern but unless something changes I'd try to
accept the reassurance offered by the PA.
I'm assuming she advised what would warrant another call to their office.
With any luck it will hopefully clear up soon. Please keep us posted.
Hugs and wishes for your comfort and peace of mind.
@MimiMimi
 
Hi Mimi,
I hope the stitch was just a random occurrence and that it heals fast for you. I was wondering how your psoas was doing. My surgery was Oct 16, 2018 and from the get-go out of surgery my hip flexors were very irritated. I stopped doing any lifting of the leg, whether with bent or flat leg, it was too painful. After my 3 month check-up I started trying to lift my knee to put on pants, socks, etc. It was better, not great, never pain free. I also had a palapble sensation over the hip area when walking, esp an incline. You could feel it and sometimes hear it as if a ligament/tendon was snapping. Even my friends and my PT (!) were like, Whoa, that's weird. Went back to OS and he said, "just ignore it, it will go away". Said it was soft tissue trying to resolve. He also said to stop PT. Not so easy to ignore when you feel like a chicken tendon ripping apart. During this time the hip flexor wasn't giving me much irritation (or I was more focused on the snapping sensation) but now almost 5 months out and my flexor pain has become very pronounced: the groin, down the front of the thigh. Like you I have hard time raising the leg to get in car and I always slowly pivot into position. If I do any longer distance walking it seems to get worse. Ugh. I've thought, well the pain is better than before the surgery but a friend of mine who is a doc said you didn't go through all the hassle not to be completely pain-free.
 
This is good news, Mimi.:)
This situation has been reported here before...can't really remember who but certainly hope it is now on the mend.
Keep a close eye on it and keep all clean and dry.
Hope today is a better day!:flwrysmile:
 
@parry1229 I saw the surgeon today because I have been feeling unsatisfied with the PA's take in things. He is concerned about the abscess and wants to see me weekly for the next couple of weeks and gave me strict instructions not to take my meds for psoriatic arthritis, as they are immunosuppressants, until this resolves. He also said if it gets worse to call the office immediately. He and I both think the abscess may have been the cause of what we thought was psoas tendinitis but at this point I guess anything is posssible.
He said surgical intervention is not off the table. He said the most likely cause is a foreign body reaction to suture material, possibly deeper instead of superficial.
Oy!!!
I agree with you that it's a reasonable expectation to be relatively pain free after THA recovery!
 
I think it's wise you requested to talk to your surgeon. It sounds like he intends to monitor the situation closely.
With any luck surgery won't be necessary, but if comes to that I'm sure all will work out.
Please keep us posted. I'm sorry you have to go through this, Mimi. I hope it resolves on its own soon.
Hugs :console2:
@MimiMimi
 
Back
Top Bottom