THR I'm an official Hippie

Wow! That explains a LOT! I nursed 4 babies and it's a great analogy to postpartum energy drain.
I'm happy to report that I am a bit less itchy tonight! After 11 days of itchy Hades, I was getting really tired of it. I know it's nothing compared to what some other folks on here have been through with infections and such!
 
Oh I'm so glad it's subsiding.
Hope you get some good rest tonight.:sleep:
 
Hi, y'all thanks for all the kind wishes and encouragement. I'm slightly better! Still needing to ice but I don't feel quite as bad.

My surgery was on Oct 15. Is it normal that I would run out of energy 3/4 of the way through a shower and be too tired to blow dry my hair?

Sincerely, itchy and bedheadded in NC
Running out of energy is completely normal! It does get better week by week...

Hope your itching has stopped and that things are now going well for you.

There is nothing wrong with continuing to ice as long as you need to.
 
Happy One Month Anniversary, MimiMimi
I hope you're doing well.
A great weekend to you! :flwrysmile:
@MimiMimi
 
Yes, hello Mimi and Happy One Month Hipversary.
Hope all that itching is gone and you are feeling like all is improving!

Pop by when you can and tell us how you are doing!
 
Hi, thank you! I am so much better now. I still have a little pain and fatigue but no itching and I feel like a new woman.
My doctor won't give me any more pain meds, even though it's only been a month. I think this is ridiculous. It's a good thing I had leftovers from my knee replacement three years ago!
 
Oh my stars...it's the paranoia of the times.
Glad you have something for when needed.
Hope your weekend is Sweet!:flwrysmile:
 
It's been a month and two days and today I went to a bead trade show and walked around for over an hour, with my cane, and I did great! It was my first "girls day out" since my surgery. I really enjoyed it. My ankle is a little swollen, but I have it elevated. I did take a pain pill left over from foot surgery last year. I can't believe my doctor is so stingy with pain meds!
Anyway, I finally feel like I'm on the way to being somewhat normal! Yay!
 
Great news, @MimiMimi :yes:
Feels very good to get out and be part of life again.
Won't Christmas be grand this year...being rid of that bonecrunching hip pain and standing up straight! Sleeping!
Now you have two good hips!
Hope your Sunday is sweet!:SUNsmile:
 
Well, I do understand doctor paranoia about the opioid crisis, but--sheesh--it seems as if they should be looking at the individual patient as they assess the need for medications. A month out sounds really early to be cutting off access to pain medication unless there is some indication you are an addict in training! Good think you've got medications left over that will help tide you over a bit. Sounds like you are doing great, @MimiMimi!
 
Thanks, I WAS...do y'all have T shirts for the IODI Club?
I over did it. Now I can barely lift my knee straight up without pain in the front of my groin. I'm resting, icing....if I could, I'd kick my own hind end
Now, I'm really glad for that med stash!
Oy, vey!
 
Oh no! No ODIC t-shirts....yet anyways., lol.
Ice and rest and ice and rest, then repeat :ice:
Hopefully you recover quickly.
Wishing you comfort!
@MimiMimi
 
Oh my stars...Poor Mimi.:console2:
I leave you on your own for a few days, and come back to find you have hit the ODIC.:nah:
It happens! I had to learn a few times!
Hope you've been icing and taking it easy and all is getting back on track!?
Hope you aren't the Thanksgiving host this year.
Wishing you a good day and sending healing mojo your way!:roseshwr:
 
Thank you, it's such a fine line between being a lazy lump and moving around enough to begin to be normal again.
Thanksgiving was great. I spent most of the day snuggling my four month old new grandson. He's such a cuddle bug! That was the best medicine, ever! I did bake two pies and made sweet potato casserole but my daughter, husband and daughter in law all contribute to the cooking.
I shall spend today being a lazy lump, sketching or beading or watching a movie on TV in my pajamas!
I still have that pain but it seems about 25% better. Icing shall commence.
I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving!
 
Perfect recovery protocol.:tada:
Sweet babies, PJs And PIE!
Hope all eases soon!:)
 
Great news the pain is 25% better. That's a good start.
And a yummy baby grandson to smell, hug and kiss yesterday, how fun!
Rest and ice and rest and ice. Bye-bye pain.
Wishing you comfort as it eases.
@MimiMimi
 
Hi, @MimiMimi, sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving, and nice to read that your pain is improved. You are really making progress down the recovery road. Babies to cuddle and folks to help out with food, sounds like a great day! We had great food, and I didn't have to prepare the entire meal (just supply rolls and a salad, with my in-laws doing the rest) but--sniff, sniff--no babies to cuddle! Your plan for hanging around in PJs and doing exactly as you like sounds like the perfect plan--enjoy!
 
Hi Hippy Friends,
I'm a little discouraged today. I'm still experiencing pain when I lift my knee. I'm wondering if it is a hip flexor.
I don't understand why I felt better 3 weeks ago than I do now, other than the day I overdid it, which was 8 days ago.
I've iced and rested. Maybe it will take more time. My surgery was October 15.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom