TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

@Josephine. Thanks for answering so quickly. As I stated the OTC meds are alleve liquid gels 22Omg and Tylenol when needed. I thought stretching and moving knees was good especially when stiff. Since you suggest to stop, should I be doing any kind of stretching exercises
@Legin. Thanks for your cheery(?) message. Although I still haven't a clue what you meant I'm thinking something like STOP doing everything and take a break!! Did I get it?
@icep707. My sister just came back from a visit to LA said so cold..I. Sure the cold weather isn't helping and the weather here has been mild so far. Last Winter when I had my tkr it was freezing and snowy nothing else hurt. Guess I'm doing too much. If what, I haven't s clue
@Lovestoread. Hi it's been a while. How are you, I'll take you up on my next trip. What part do you live in? How I do it? Have no choice just the family caretaker I guess. Although I don't understand why my mom,sister and bf all think I know what I'm doing. I put up a good front.
I hate to see people in need or hurting...but then it smacks me in face when it's me! Family!! You gotta love them!!
Take care everyone. A happy and healthy new year. Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think the important thing would be to see how you feel once you stop all the exercises for a couple of weeks. If things improve, then you know that was the problem. It wouldn't mean you could never work to strengthen your leg muscles....just that you need to let things settle down before gradually starting an exercise program. If you've had the pain for a while, it may take some time for that settling down to occur.

Once you can start back exercising and you want to do it, you might try something easy on your knees like cycling - either with a real bike or an exercise bike. It's always a good place to start. It gives you that stretching you're looking for plus works on strengthening leg muscles.

But do give yourself a rest and see what happens.
 
I thought stretching and moving knees was good especially when stiff. Since you suggest to stop, should I be doing any kind of stretching exercises
But you weren't doing just stretches. You were doing 20 heel slides, pushing heels into bed to 20 hold x5, squats, leg/knee lifts 10 x 5. It's also the quantity you were doing. This is what I suggested you stopped. Stretches are okay, but a few at a time. 10 or 20 3 times a day is boot camp! Much better to do about 5 every 3-4 hours. And remember the other rule - only to the point of discomfort, never into pain.
 
To all my dear friends I've met on this site both near and far
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Happy and healthy new year. Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne

Happy New Year. I wish you a happy, healthy and pain free one x

[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray


Love from Ann xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@nanamoon27 Love the New Years card, but I have to tell you that's for the Jewish new year. The Jewish calendar is a different from regular calendar. It goes by the moon, the length of time, and celebrates the different seasons accordingly for preparation for certain.holidays. Certain holidays are in mostly in the spring, fall Unfortunately have to look up the rest for more information because that's all I remember. I wasn't such a good student I snoozed thru Hebrew school. But the Hebrew new year began in sept and the year is 5775.
But it's still New Years for everyone!!!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne

Ha ha trust me durrrgggh brain hurts!!! Sorry Susanne I'm useless xxx I hope you're ok. How's your bf? X my friend got engaged to hers New Years day. I was so surprised. She sent a Whatsapp to me with a pic of her hand with quite a very pretty ring on it. She's a couple years older than me and I'm so pleased for her.

It was nice to have some good news after we lost hubby's eldest brother on 26th December who I adored xxx

Funeral not til 20th Jan!!! Holiday backlog at funeral parlours xxx

Take care

Love Ann xxx
 
So New Years cane and gone. My girl friend came over we ate we drank we watched a movie and stayed up way past midnight, real fun night!
Bf is doing real good. No more O2 during day. He's lost a ton of weight which he needed to do.
Gearing up to go to work Monday, had a nice long break this year. Really love not working I don't do much but before I know it day is over.
Speaking of non knee surgery my other knee to has been killing me as well as my shoulder. I've been using the electric tens, ice and started riding stationary bike for 10-15 mins. It actually makes it feel better. The problem I'm having now is I feel like nothing I'm seeing is in focus and things are blurry. I've gone to eye dr 6 months after surgery, and he said because my pressure soared,Bp down and O2level down ( rushed to get MRIs blood etc in hosp) but all fine that maybe had effect on my eyesight, so again back to eye dr. New rx in rt eye and $500 later I'm still waiting for new glasses. Hopefully that will help. Called neuro telling him I feel so off balanced my rt pointer finger is getting number by the day. He scheduled an crevice MRI for tues to see what's wrong with my neck.
So now every part of my body is aching. If I could is wrap myself in a giant ice pack I would
I'm having difficulty bending cause legs stiff. The weather here today was35and a mini snowstorm. Now raining. Guess that's why pain levels so high, tomorrow 60 degrees
Just can't win.....isn't it a joy getting old

Ann, sounds like you did a complete 360 nice to hear that you have been doing and going
Good for you. I guess patience is a virtue when it comes to domestic partners
@angel1978. If you're bored try reading, or scrabble on your phone that's what I do
@Legin, every time I read your posts, I crack up. Where is the translation button on the iPad?
Still have no clue what you are saying, but I'm sure it's all good
Well my finger has gone numb again. Getting ready to finish off this book and hopefully fall asleep
Have a good night/day everyone
Love, susanne



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh now I feel bad. Hope you have a more pain less new year

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin. Go to sleep before the sun rises!!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I wish. Just can't sleep tonight/this morning. Leg is on fire and other hip is saying helllllllo who is an.overdoing it numpty

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin. "Numpty". What the........ Does that mean. Grab some ice put on your hip.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
NUMPTY= fool don't have any ice left its ok minus 4 anyway

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sorry for confudleing you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin. Oye I give up. It's now 1 am still up can't put book down


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Conududleing is confussing sorry. Sorry you can't.sleep 5 here

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @susanne

How are you getting on now? The last I spoke to you I found that you were in pain with most of your joints. I hope this has eased a bit?

I hope this helps translate Legin a bit. I'm afraid his translator has been neglecting her duty lol x :heehee:


numpty (noun)
Scots slang for...
  1. a stupid or ineffectual person, a fool

Confuddled
Slang word....
  1. merge of the words 'confused' and 'befuddle' A severe case of confusion/mix up, where basic functions such as talking are a challenge.




If you're unsure of a word you could try googling it x however it's not always accurate x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
that's me confudled numpty. Anyway.@susanne hope you are ok and sleeping

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom