TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

He's home 44 days later !!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@susanne my oh my, nurses outfit and thigh high stockings? Really? You sex kitten!!! He really will want to get better then? I'm glad he's home but wow, that's a serious piece of machinery. It is huge!!! Decoupage will take a while lolxxxxx

I can understand your fears about your job too. But that kid, does he have a disorder like Prader-Willie syndrome to be so huge at that age ? Oh and he patted your back, oh Susanne, I bet you didn't know whether to laugh or cry? I'm glad no lasting damage done but oh I'd have been bedsides myself falling xxx

The school need to be careful because you would/should be able to go for disability discrimination if they try yo sack you. Are you in a union?

I'm glad you're getting there but there's going to be a lot of major chances in your home now your bf is back.

I'm here for you Susanne, as are the rest of your friends here.

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Oh @susanne I love your naughty sense of humour!!! I laughed my head off when I read what you wrote to @chestnc xxxx :heehee: I'm sure she will get it when she reads your previous post on here xxxx I hope you're ok.

Love Ann xxxx
 
Hi @susanne - just having a quick old catch up - thankfully NM27 alerted me as my alerts are spasmodic to say the least and I am only just catching up a bit after our quick Budapest trip. Oh my goodness you have been through it lately haven't you?
Lovely, lovely pics as always of you and your girl. Glad the wedding was OK and her new BF looks nice ... My daughter is currently in Hong Kong and moving on to Abu Dhabi tomorrow. She is despairing of the BF and wanted to chuck him off a sampan today ......... cant see it lasting much longer, or at this rate even to the end of the holiday.
Hope your poor knee is recovering from the chunky chappy collision - you certainly need danger money to work there.

Really pleased the BF is back home, but that machine defies my skills in disguise - it is huge! It made me think of some really heinously awful covers that were on sale years ago - you could get them to cover anything from loo rolls to vacuum cleaners. Perhaps you could make a really big one to cover the machine, and instead of a maid, make it a nurse???? This picture of one is SO hideous ....... it would probably give BF a relapse! Oh dear, looking at it makes me wonder if they have blow up versions??

[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
XXXXX

PS - I need to know ...... did you replace the money in the chair - or claim the cat got there first and ate it?
 
@dogwheels that is hideous I guess I'll just pretend it's not there. I am so clumsy that I keep stepping on his oxygen tube it's so long I just keep thinking of that scene in the movie airplane where the little girl keeps getting her o2 cut off. Besides the fact it is so hideous it also gives off hot air so that after a few hours it's like a sauna. Bfs daughters came over today ate didn't clean up after themselves and left dirty dishes in sink. Ugh at least soak them. Anyway nice and quit here. Oops spoke too soon time to attach him to c pap machine. More noise and more heat. I'm just glad I don't pay for electricity. Can't imagine how much it would be. And yes found the money but he became lucid enough to realize that he hid money and knew where it was. Than started barking orders to give his 3 daughters money etc.
I have to say he's a much better care giver than I am. I get so angry when he says he can't reach his cup!! MOVE!! Then I remember how serious his illness is and back off biting my tongue.
@nanamoon. No union. It's a private school but think I can get around the issue faulting the tiles on ground are not put down properly so all the kids were falling over each other and me.
Getting on my nurses uniform got to give out meds, dress wound site and put him onMachine
Good night my dear friends thanks for cheering me up!!!
Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne

I thought I'd check on you to see how you're doing? Xxxx

Thinking of you
Love Ann xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@nanamoon. Oh what an awful day one of my best friends just found her son passed away in his apt. He was 31 yrs old and just couldn't manage to get a handle on his life. He was a super genius but couldn't get his life straightened out. Struggled with depression and mental illness It's so unbearable to believe this has happened. My heart is so heavy for her. I can't stop crying. Making this short. Bf fine just threw his daughter out of apt bc when I got home she left all dishes in sink again and ate all the food I blew up but knew it was bc of my friends son. Apologized to her but haven't heard from her the stress is getting the better of me
With love to you all
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Oh @susanne,

That is heartbreaking news. The poor family. Young deaths are awful. My brother in law had the sad news many years ago that his 32 yr old son was found dead of a drugs overdose (heroin) in his apartment. He'd been dead at least two days. No one spoke to the lad really because he'd stolen off everyone he visited, even his own. It was a waste of a young life x

I'm afraid on right on your side where the GF's daughter concerned. If she's going to eat she should cook for you all, not just herself and she should wash up. It's the very least she can do. You're living in an apartment with the bf and his oxygen tank. You don't need the added stress. You did the right thing in being the bigger person and apologising but really she owes you one xxx

I'm sending you a big virtual hug from across the pond, with all my best of wishes and luck for you @susanne.

[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
 
I am so sorry about your boyfriend's daughter being so obtuse. I'm afraid I have a bit of a temper when people take advantage. I'd yell, too.

And more importantly, I'm sorry that your friend experienced such terrible loss. It is so sad.
 
Thank you all my dear friends.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
-Ann so glad you've gotten a good report,a great night with granddaughter and shipping hubby off is a good idea. No that you're both on the same page with your recovery I'm sure his behavior will change dramatically when he comes home. Doesn't absence make the heart grow fonder? We shall see
Chris. Hope you're feeling better. We've had a warm spell in NYC 76 and with bfs oxygen tank running it's like a freaking sauna
Visiting nurse finally showed up for bf after being AWOL since sat. Now he's getting PT too.
So to top off the beginning of my worst week my friends sons funeral is tomorrow. Yesterday after the fight I had with bfs daughter her car got rear ended. Luckily she wasn't in it and now my mom has pneumonia ! Thank G-D we have the most nurturing caring aide to help us. She's on top if all her medical issues and double checks everything with moms cardiologist. My mom only listens to her. We are not telling her she has pneumonia or putting her in hospital. Believe it or not her aide found a dr who makes house calls. Yes in this century. They took X-ray of chest brought it to her apt. Now she's resting comfortably. My niece the fabulous cook who made all the meals for our holiday is making her a big pot of chicken soup...or Jewish penicillin
Have to do some wound care on bfs leg and if he's good going to give him a shower.

Have a restful night everyone
Love to all susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@susanne, you really seem to have your hands so, so full. And now to hear of the death of your friend's son. What next. My goodness.. So sad to hear when a young person passes away. Especially when you have children who are around the same age, it just hurts my heart. So sorry to hear about your mom too.. with pneumonia, Oh my, what else can happen. So sorry to hear of bf's daughter. Hope she is okay as well. Thank goodness she was not in the car when the accident occurred. Not to worry, you can borrow the Zucchini whenever you like. Hope bf is doing better. Thank goodness the VNS decided to show up and bf will be able to get some PT going. It's tough taking care of a loved one who is ill and home. My prayers:prayer: go out to you.
 
Hi @ nanamoon. It's a rough go
Bf hooked up to oxygen and in by pap machine. Won't do all the exercises he supposed to do. Do I need to get the whip out? Men. They just lay there I can't. Been staying with my girlfriend every night and her wailing breaks my heart. Today is her younger sons bday. Very sad. Don't know how she's going to cope when people aren't around her. Moms pneumonia clearing up. Went to visit her today she seemed good. So now every joint in my body killing me. Looking into seeing a pain management dr. As long as I have insurance might as well take advantage. Bought new pair of shoes. They are by fry boots. What do you think. A little old fashioned but so freak in comfy. My sister made fun of them not her style. Oh well comfort is my main objective
Will text more. Hanging up my nurses uniform and my mourning outfit. It's been a long week. And to top it off BFs daughter came to spend the night. This one brought 3 crock pot dishes and a bottle of wine. The grandson and his girlfriend came and then the other daughter came dropped
off her dog stuffed her face and went to work. Still don't know why she had
to come and leave get dog
L
Let me know ur opjnion of shoes. Comfort rocks
As I'm looking at pic they really look ugly. Need to send better pic
❤️❤️❤️ susanne
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @susanne

Oh my goodness, I do not know how you've got through this week. Your mom brought up a very beautiful, strong and caring woman into this world. Honestly, you're so lovely. You're going through an extremely trying time in your life and yet you still have your humour!

There was a modern song around a year or two ago. I loved the title. "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". It's a good phrase to think about when things are really tough. All this that you're going through, although dreadful, will give you experience that you can draw on and pass on/share with others, who might find themselves in a similar situation.

As for your bf, he's being a bit selfish but some men are not overly keen on exercise. They fail to recognise the benefits or understand the necessity. Some make the worst patients. How long has he been Ill? Xxxx

I'm sorry to hear about your mom having pneumonia. I didn't know. I will send some prayers and positive thoughts your way for her. I'm glad she's recovering though. She has a good strong spirit and lives her life to the full. She looks amazing for her age!

Your shoes look sooooo comfy! They aren't ugly at all. Good grief if you could see what I've had to resort to, you'd be shocked, you really would be. I was always a heels person, so this is unfamiliar territory to me. These days comfort has to be priority! Oh yes, comfort rocks!!! I actually like your shoes xxx

I think that is a very good idea to use your insurance to the max. Pain management sounds like just what you are needing right now. However, I must say that there is a strong possibility that these aches and pains could be due to stress. You're probably tensing yourself up when the daughter is around. The dog is a trip hazard to you especially when you don't have one yourself and another problem eg taking for walks etc. She sounds very self absorbed.

I'm here for you @susanne. Anytime you want to talk privately I'm more than happy to chat via private message xxx

All my love to you
Ann xxxx
 
Hi @susanne - sorry not to have got to posting before now, but I have been thinking of you.
Why is it that everything comes at once, and usually when we are least fit to deal with it?
Sorry the BF's recovery process is slow and he is not pushing himself. Poor thing is probably dead scared of another relapse. Glad your Mum's pneumonia is responding to treatment, she looks such fun and such a lovely and glam old lady. Sitting Shiva must be so emotionally draining too. No wonder you feel as if you have been run over by a bus. Or in your case, an overweight kid!
What you need is a few days away, just escape everything. Sleep, eat, drink and do nothing. Could you not pass the baton of care to BF's family for just a couple of days?
Ann's right, men are the absolute worst at aiding their own recoveries - its almost as if they enjoy all the attention being ill brings. Or think they know better! My friend came for tea yesterday and her husband has been so terribly ill with his heart, but he just wont do his physio or exercise. She got so fed up and tired trying to cajole him into it that she employed a personal trainer! A young, and lovely lithe sporty bit - and her old man is raring to go and cant wait to show off at each session!
My screen is not really showing your new footwear too well - but my maxim in life is 'if it feels good, do it!' - so if they are comfy, it's all good in my book. Having said that, last year I bought some trainers that were supposed to be uber comfortable. The reviews were so good, so I bought a pair. They were weird and sort of had a bowed sole, so they really rocked, for sure. Literally! They were a little bit weird to wear, but were quite comfy. I had them on to go shopping with my daughter and she made me go and change them. She said that I looked as if I had 'Special Needs' and wouldn't be able to walk without laughing at me all the time. The shoes, needless to be say have not been worn again. In fact they are a bit like those MBT shoes. My hilarious GP wears them - which only goes to show, she is one of the most awfully dressed women I know. She regularly rocks these weirdo shoes, with knee high stocking socks and a skirt that doesn't cover them. A while back before the TKR in her delicious accent, she said: 'Oh Mrs W, perhaps these lovely MBT shoes would help with your leg pain, but I know they are not what you would normally wear. They do take a bit of getting used to, I fell over 3 times in Waitrose (supermarket) yesterday'.:rotfl: Great recommendation.

Well I have got to go and clear up before hubby returns from sailing, so we can whizz back up the motorway to London. Take care @susanne - remember, this too will pass.

[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
XXXXXXXX
 
@dogwheels @ nanamoon. Off to pay shiva call last one
Just wanted you to see better pix of shoes. Their timberlands called professional slip ons. Perfect for me as I'm a professional clutz
Catch you all later. Left bf with a p&j sandwich to tide him over til I get back
❤️susanne
Ps Chris you always make me laugh. I would have to do the hymlich (I can't spell! maneuver on kitty if that ever
That ever happened
Ann thanks as always for your lovely words
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom