TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Hi my dear friends. I have to retract the last bf statement. Things turned for worse. I received a call from rehab at 1am saying they are taking him to ER at hospital ( just down a hill from rehab) his oxygen level so low and CO2 too high. The put him on cpap for breathing. Since then after I left at 4:30 am to cach 2 hrs of sleep before work. I got text message from the evil daughter he's now in icu sedated and on breathing tube Went to visit him after work yesterday still out if it but levels good . They will be taking out tubes today so praying he will be able to maintain oxygen levels. Prayers appreciated. Thanks. Love you all susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@susanne - so sorry to hear that your man took a turn for the worse. I do hope that all goes well and he will now continue to make a full recovery.
Perhaps his daughter will now realise the importance of helping out, and give you a bit of a break. I certainly hope so.
I know its difficult as you are tired, in pain and running around attempting to keep all the plates spinning - try to take a few minutes to chill out just a bit, make sure you are eating and drinking to keep yourself going and just know that we are all here for you and thinking of you.

Love and hugs XXX
 
Susanne - love and prayers to you and your bf. I haven't figured out why things are so hard sometimes. Know we are here for you and truly care.
Xoxoxo
 
So sorry you are having so many challenges right now. I know what you mean about family.....we have "issues" with ours as well sometimes and it is so frustrating. You are in my prayers and I sure hope things improve for your boyfriend.
 
Hello my venting friends. Don't know what I would do without your support. Even though my knee is killing me I'm taking one day at a time. Bf off all tubes and narcotics. Although I still think he's out of it he told me he hid money in Emily ( my daughters chair) which makes no sense said he think he died and cane back to be with me of course I am crying my eyes out telling him he'll be fine unless I should find a younger guy sat with him a few hours and swore to him that he's going to be fine. This is getting harder and harder. Hopefully he will get out of Icu and in a room shortly. Thank you for all your support and kindness. Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh my......I hope this passes soon. It can be so frustrating dealing with someone who has these paranoid thoughts. I went through it with a good friend a couple of years ago and at times it would reduce me to tears! As long as it's just crazy stuff like this, maybe you can see some humor in it and fluff it off. Hopefully being off the drugs will help him stabilize.
 
By the way. Can't find the money. Must have been the drugs talking!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Aha!!!! Good news found the money. Going to roll in it just like Demi Moore did in the movie Indecent proposal. Just wish Robert Redford was here too :(


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Bf update. They are taking him out of icu but since there are no beds in hospital it's back to rehab for a week or 2. Happy about rehab because I won't have to worry when I'm at work and honest to admit I selfishly don't want to cook or clean!
3 day work week To all those who celebrate wishing you a healthy and happy new year
Ps. Daughter and bf coming home for holidays and wedding. Now to pass the nana approval of the boyfriend
Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good morning my friends. Had a loverly family lunch/dinner for the new year. Mom was in full regalia but unfortunately complained non stop. Think it was too much going on at once. She also decided to take her food home ( we are in her apt). Anyway my POW brother has to have a3rd surgery in his shoulder they are putting a spacer in between replacement. Still has an infection so it's been 8 months of pain and infection for him. Now I feel badly for him. Plus a 4 th surgery in January. The only up beat thing he decided he wants to make a 66/99 upside down bday party for him and my mother. Kind of cute
My knee has been bothering me could it be stress?? Sitting to much at rehab, trotting after kids, my kneecaps hurt but in a weird way.
Good news will be seeing my daughter in just 3 short hours, today will be the only day not going to be spending at bfs side in his new rehab. Now I. Giving him sponge baths!!!!
I think after this we are even!!! Rehab says 4 weeks I say 10 days plus I don't think the insurance will be paying for all this
Off to mommys house for brunch. Than party in Manhattan for cousins pre wedding cocktail party. Should be great. Ex hubby will be there not exactly on good terms. But I will hold my head up high like a lady and hopefully won't trip all evening
Love to you all susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well my dear friends I survived this fun packed wedding weekend. My knee not so much. Wore wedge heels . Not to high. But the boat for the wedding had 3 decks. Yes me climbing stairs with daughter behind me giving me a well needed boost. Very weird being with the exes side if family but I forgot how much I missed the , some cousins hadn't seen in over 26 years but still remembered us. The shocker and talk if the ore wedding cocktail was ex walked me 2 blocks to get car even tried to pay parking which I so delicately declined. I must say we did have a few laughs. The wedding was another story since he has no Sicily skills and is quit homophobic so he kept hanging around Emily's table. All in all a great weekend. Oh and did manage a quick visit to see bf in home. Making slow but steady progress. Knee iced for 2 nights plus a few oxi thrown in for goo measure.
Feel good everyone off to work. Here's some pix if boat ride fittingly called the princess cruise around Manhattan. Enjoy. Love susanne
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Daughter posing like the titanic
Me an Emily
Emily and her bf
Queen Mary 2
And statue if liberty
 
Beautiful photos of you, your daughter, and the city. I grew up outside of NYC in Soprano Land, NJ. My extended family recently took a Hudson River/Manhattan boat cruise and lunch. It was lovely.

Hope your knee is settling down.
 
Looks beautiful. Your daughter is as gorgeous as you. Stunning pictures and so glad it was fun!
 
Hi my dear friends. Well rehab for bf was a disaster. He deteriorated so badly we took him out last night to hospital ER. He has cellulitis which was never addressed after I told every staff member to look at his leg. He became so out of it couldn't lift up his head.
So now back to hospital icu. Add to that my brother had a spacer put into his shoulder replacement yesterday and will be having another surgery in January
Is this what it means when knee is hurting due to stress. Along with every other body part
This is just an update to my great weekend with my daughter
Thank you all for always listening to my problems
Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Latest update. I previously wrote on Ann's wall about incident at work. Only me
In playground with 2 classes do special needs pre schoolers. That's not the problem. We are now getting medically challenged kids who really don't belong in our school ie seizure disorders broken limbs and obesity. Ok all in playground with seizure boy who is also autistic, aggressive bitting punching staff etc. so we teachers 2 of us with 5 assistants in playground with 15 children. We are so on guard at slides bikes and swings being as vigilant as possible. Well can u guess the rest? No laughing Chris! So I'm standing by the slide watching and directing kids on slide when out of nowhere obese boy we are talking a 60 lb 3 yr old comes running smack into me. Mind you I never saw him I fall down on my knees bracing myself with hands. Now here's the best part I'm on ground tears streaming down my face and he's patting my shoulder which only made me cry more. One of the assistants looks at me and starts laughing saying sue why are you playing with the biggest kid. And then realizes what happens. Of course I couldn't get up so scooted myself on my butt to grab a railing to hoist myself up. Went to my surgeon who said all parts good. Just soft tissue damage. Got 2 weeks off and back on Workmans comp again. Why me. Just doing my job. Now I'm getting nervous that they are going to fire me
Then bf still can't come home yet day 40 My new piece of furniture is a gigantic oxygen machine
Chris thinking of decoupaging it what do you think. So now waiting for c pap machine so he can rid himself of carbon dioxide and not land back in the ER for the 3rd time
Now have a 2 week letter of no work so I'm going to go out and by a nurses outfit and thigh high white stockings to tend to my patient
Hope everyone is doing well thanks again as always for your support. Don't know what I would do without you all xo susanne
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Chris. Decorating ideas?????


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom