TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Hi friends just came back again for an overnight fire island stay. Brought my sister back home love those ferry rides. Spoke to PA who said hip pain most likely due to walking on uneven surfaces like the sand. Guess I just have to sit myself down and stop wking around looking or seashells. Can't get enough if the beach
@jozilia school starts next tues but still working on finding home care cases.
Here's some more pix of fire island. I know they probably al look the same
Hope everyone is feeling good sans pain!!
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Picture are of my twin sister me and my niece and my sister alone on our ferry trip home ( that's what stage4 bone cancer looks like when you have a great attitude on life. I love her so much


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Where is Ann????


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
She is at her caravan in Wales. She's going post when signal is available.
 
Thanks. Was getting nervous


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Brain a mush. Bf had open heart surgery more detailed than expected. After 7 hrs of surgery and staying there for 12 hrs finally had to go home. Was getting crazy slap happy. His daughter who's going to nursing school is staying with him for now until he wakes up...it's going to be a long haul I have to brush up on my niceness and caring skills after all how many men would help this gorgeous body lift her leg to get into tub, not to mention besides tkr 2 hips and 1 shoulder. Guess I owe him big time.
Will keep you posted. Love and thanks for you're prayers


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope he does well. He sounds like a really great guy. I bet you do just fine helping him through his recovery.
 
Hope your bf is doing well, and that you got some rest.
Prayers coming your way,


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @susanne - more lovely, lovely pictures and I am so jealous of the tan that both you and your sister have.
You all look so relaxed from your break.

Sorry to hear about your man's heart op. Serious stuff, but I am sure you will do just fine and he will love enjoying a bit of reciprocal TLC. Just don't think he will appreciate having his photo taken for a while, so perhaps the camera will have to be put away for a bit?
My daughter was horrified that my husband (who never takes photos) decided to take a pic of me as soon as I got back from the TKR, complete with drips, drains, the works and sent it to her. He thought it would reassure her - hmmmmph! I haven't seen it and sincerely hope it has been deleted from both phones now. Not really one for the Family Album.

Look after yourself - thinking of you and your loved ones

XX
 
Live and prayers to your BF and you. He sounds very special!
 
Hi ladies. Thank you for all your good wishes. I've been thru this 2x with my dad in the early 70s my mom when she was 80 and my brother when he was 50. It's amazing the difference in recovery. Plus his male nurse is adorable 32yrs old can I play cougar?? He's doing really good walked the hallway, sat in chair and some tubes removed. Still has his sense of humor but he's such a baby. Not so sure I can be as good as a caretaker for him as he was for me. Going to be a rough month. Going begrudgingly back to work on tues so a little worried whose going to be with him when he comes home possibly on Wednesday. Let's see how much his daughter who is in nursing school will help. She was supposed to help me after my tkr but never saw her unless she helped some stranger. Yes you do detect a bit if anger, but I am over it
Will keep you all posted of outcome. The biggest problem I had today was having a screaming match with the security guard who kept yawning in my face. They are supposed to validate parking and the nurse in icu had no stickers said to see security guard, which was the biggest mistake. Anyway caused a scene with security bc of the unprofessional way he spoke to me got my car gave the parking attendant the cost of parking and said you keep it, the hospital really doesn't need it. So infuriated. Took a few deep calming breaths, but who am I kidding went straight for the absolute vodka when I got home. My love to all of you. Susanne



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Forgot to mention while in hospital decided to get some food from my favorite take out au Bon pan while I got my food and turned away I literally bumped into no other than the surgeon I sued for my hip last dec, I so impulsively said oh, you're still doing surgery and walked away
So mature!!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
:rotfl: Hey, it was honest!!! Guess you didn't get a reply, though.....
 
Oh my goodness only me. Just my luck for the inevitable run in. Bf now out if icu and in a beautiful room with carpeting and 40inch flat screen tv. What was I doing wrong? It's like a hotel room. And of course have to start work in hell tomorrow , now every body replacement hurts from my shoulder, to my hip,to my knee. Just can't. 3 steps forward 2 steps back
So not looking forward to tomorrow. No kids yet , they start Wednesday so tomorrow should be quite boring, since I have no classroom to set up, just have to laminate my schedule. Would so much rather be at beach. But really can't complain. After being off 8 months just love not working. And that is probably why I'm writing this at 3 am to avoid the inevitable wake up at 7am. 4 hrs and counting down
Hope everyone is doing fine and catching some good sleep
Love to all of you. Susanne



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@kerringtyn. Thinking if you. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@dogwheels. Haha that's me !!! Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh. I have an awful headache (probably from too much to drink last night) and dreaded getting up so early. Who gets up this early anymore????


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
First week of work completed. 2 more people quit. The place is running like a fools paradise. The kids are adorable cry non stop since they are only 3 , tired and want their mommy
Got my parking space back. Now director wants an updated hip report. I almost laughed in his face. He already has a report nothing going to change as he says I called your dr. Great but I guess he never heard of the hippa law plus the girls at office said he never called. Scare tactic 1 not working. So I took a rolling chair out of an un used office and merrily rolling around school
Bf update in rehab where I was. So different being the care taker. Hope they keep him long because I've accidentally pulled the oxygen tube out 3 time. Think movie airplane
Love you all. Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh Susanne - you make me smile! Glad to hear your bf is in a good rehab and doing ok.

Your school sounds as dysfunctional as ever. How are your hips and knees holding up?

Please take care and post when you can! I will look forward to hearing from you!

Xoxoxo
JoAnne
 
Back
Top Bottom