TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Good morning @susanne - for once, I do not have much to say! Just thought I would pop by and say hello. I haven't had any alerts for your thread recently, so have just had a bit of a catch up.
So pleased about the OS report and sign off on your knee. Well done you!

XX
 
@dogwheels, while I couldn't sleep well last night I was watching the home shopping network (hsn) and almost bought a new camera. What was I thinking. Thank goodness couldn't make it to checkout my acct froze . Blessing in disguise
Thanks for popping in off to sit in courtyard with mom
Have great day xosusanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi everyone follow up on today's visit to school. Handed in my new letter with no restrictions. It had 4 lines on it but the HR witch looked it over and over like something should pop out st her. Then said director out it's his decision ( why? He didn't hire me) paid my insurance for August ,then she called principal to see if she wAnted to come to her office. Nope had to go to her office, door closed before you know who stared daggers at me. She said u can't walk around school to see anybody and if I want to see someone they have to come to her office. It was 2 friends birthdays and I had gifts for them so principal escorted me to their office for a 2 second visit. So unreal. Can't believe how paranoid everyone is Just came back from dinner and drinks with 2 friends. And ready to put head down on pillow. One more piece if good news have interview with a parent of an 11yr old autistic boy next town over. 10 hrs a week cross your fingers for me
Have a great weekend everybody. Will be busy with mom and the POW is visiting on Sunday ❤️❤️❤️susanne
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting about your brother! Pretty awful, tho, that they treat yup like that at school. Boo!
 
So got a very lovely email from my principal that says I'm good to go back sept 2 nd. It is with great relief as all I cared about was insurance. So now I'm set. Went to see new home care job 11 yr old autistic boy. The mother was very sweet and tiny all she talked about was him losing 5 lbs the kid can't write a sentence with more than 5 words and she's worried about his weight ? Anyway she had a whole gyn set up treadmill, stair master , scooters, trampoline. I looked at this and said to myself not for me. I was up front and honest and said all these physical activities are something I can't do anymore. Her past therapist had 2 knees replaced. Wonder why her house was beautiful but I guess she cares more about appearances than academics. To each his own. Having a child who us hyper active and doing more active activities can sometimes backfire in your face. So still looking for home care job and if I get one for sept won't go back to work. Cross your fingers. Stil hoping I can get my little girl back so sad for her ad I talk to the mom and she says how much she misses me. So sad
Anyway hope everyone is doing ok feeling good. Sitting outside reading book and having a drink!![ ATTACH=full]24381[/ATTACH]
From my NY garden


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1407188192.090764.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you were offered your job back but hope you find another student to teach at home and don't have to go back! Make sure your lawyer knows what is going on. So how was your visit with POW?

Just heard from my OS. My LTKR has been scheduled for September 8th and am looking forward to getting it done!

Talk soon.
 
@jozilia. I have to say you are so brave to go under the knife again. I'm not sure if I can ever do it again. 4 replacements is my limit. Visit with the POW uneventful. Had been on his best behavior tackling all my moms bills but is a little loopy from the meds he's taking. Mainly lyrica now it's ha wife who I can't bear to talk to but that's a whole other story. Just glad about job because of insurance. Still hoping a homecare job will come thru full time. School starts early this year sept 2 do should be interesting since someone is using my parking spot and I'll be damned if I give it up! New worry
I'll be thinking of you but I'm sure we will text before your surgery
Feel good ❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@susanne, somehow I missed your post about your brother. Guess it was when we were at the lake and I wasn't checking in often. Living in the "Land of Lincoln," I've always been interested in Abe. I'm definitely going to look into some of his books.
 
Thought you would appreciate this one - my boss' wife said a friend of hers had tkr and it was a harder recovery for him because he was a male than for me. Really???

I hope you enjoy your weekend - hope your daughter has a fun birthday with her friends!
 
@Lovestoread. Just finished a book called the sisterhood. Have you read it? About nuns during the Spanish Inquisition. I know nothing like jumping around on my tastes of books. But it was really interesting. Now searching for another good read...


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I wish I could grow plants, but I have a black thumb. Great news about your job, even though it isn't really what you want, it is insurance and income. I hope you have an easier path from here on out.
 
Hi @susanne Maybe a good book about Abe Lincoln. Lol. I have a pile and just have not felt like reading in a long time. Maybe next recovery!
 
Still looking for other job possibilities. I have until sept 2 nd to decide.
And if I ever read any of my brothers books I would fall asleep when he's on tv usually CNN his voice lulls me to sleep too. He also wrote a Childrens book dedicated it to my daughter. Guess he ran out if people to do dedications. But one of his first books he dedicated it to me and my sister, and my parents. Which was really sweet

Talk later on to dr for bf heart surgeon. Don't know if I'm going to be such a great care taker. He's been such a wonder thru all my replacements especially getting me into bathtub. Not a pretty site. Talk later. Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi my friends. Getting ready to go away to fire island. I hope I won't bore you all with pictures. My bf has to have heart surgery. A aortic dissection plus a leak in valve. Since he's so overweight there could be complications...also he's scared to death. His odds are 96% success. He told dr he's a gambler and focusing on the 6% after all when he bet on a horse not only did the horse come in dead last! the rider fell off !!!! I'll keep you posted isn't it grand getting old! Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @susanne, haven't been able to catch up for a few days, what with BS going a bit senile all of a sudden. Haven't the patience to wait for ages for a page to load, only to lose it in next to no time.

Hope you manage to find the perfect home schooling pupil to prevent you needing to return to your school - and having to do battle over your parking place!

Cant wait to see the pics of Fire Island - sounds great.

Hope that you will be able to summon all your nursing skills to help your patient recover from his heart surgery. Perhaps a nurses outfit would cause a relapse? Best not go there.



Take care and enjoy your break

XXX
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway my last day on fire island. Having the best time. Weather is beautiful house adorable 3 bedrooms and ac which is unheard of here. The days warm nights cool. We took a water taxi to another part if the island and when I saw how high the step was to get on boat almost turned around. Did finally manage to hoist myself on with 3 tries. Just a little embarrassed. But got over it fast here's some pix from phone don't want to bore everyone with 100!pix of beach boats and sunsets
Hope everyone doing good. I feel like ann trying to find a wifi spot
Love to all
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1408369807.364218.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 205
  • [Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1408369857.914075.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited by a moderator:
@jozilia. Wait. More to come staying an extra day. Never want to leaven this is the life


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
well since I have my job back decided to go back to hang with my sister for an overnight stress free day. My niece is there now so it should be lots of fun. She's as pale as a ghost wraps herself in long sleeves hat etc. my sis and love the sun. I even went I to water and saw 2 dolphins swimming side by side. It's so beautiful there that I can't stay away. Bf is having heart surgery Thursday he's a nervous wreck and so scared. Guess tables will be changing. He's been taking care of me throughout all my replacements I guess I have to step up to the plate. Feel a bit guilty bc school starts sept 2 and he will be hospitalized for a week with a month long recovery if all goes well
Knee doing good now my hip is killing me and my drs PA wants too wean me from pain killers. Fat chance with that
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

On ferry now will post later with more. Pix
Hope everyone is doing well feeling good and most importantly getting some sleep
Write soon off to my voyage ❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Susanne. Looks beautiful! I am on vacation so hard to get wifi. My daughter, 12 year old granddaughter and 15 month old grandson are off to Cape May for the day.

I hope all goes well for your BF. he must adore you if he made it thru tkr recoveries with you! I will keep him in my prayers and hope his surgery is a success and the recovery easy.

Enjoy your day! When does your school reopen?

Xoxoxo
JoAnne
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom