Guest viewing is limited

TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

It's 11:30 pm here. Just took some Xanax to start sleep. Knee anoying me probably bc of weather and my other hip replacement leg is going into spasms. Should be a fun night

Ann your granddaughters gay ken story great. My daughter is coming to ny for my exs cousins gay wedding. He's from Florida and not legal there. Should be a blast. It's a weekend affair on a boat around Manhattan
Next month. Can't wait. Just hope I can wear shoes other that fitflops
@ jozilua. The POW is coming to see my mom tomorrow. It's only been 4 months. Should be a fun lunch since I've been fightjng with his selfish wife
But he came last weekend while I was on Chicago and thanked me via email guess he can't dial phone on taking such good care of mom
My nerves are shattered about work come sept. Don't know whether I'm coming or going everything up in air. Although I've been hearing from friends how horrible the school is and so far 4 people won't be returning in sept. Serves them right. Still in insurance limbo hell. Going back to nag attorney about hip settlement
Is this ever going to be over
Here's a few more Chicago pic
Can't believe I'm posting bathing suit pix
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

The one with kitty is she's sitting in all my bills I can't pay. Her face says it all
❤️to all sweet dreams


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot some pix
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

As you can see the extent of our 3 days beach and eating
Enjoy. Love you all


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Forgot your camera @susanne ????? I am hearing this right????? And there was me thinking that it was a permanent body accessory!

Glad you had a good time with your daughter and her well-cute doggy. He looks such fun.

Sorry that work is still causing you so much grief and worry and the weather is playing up all your 'Superwoman' parts.

Loved the expression on the face of your cat on the bills - that one really made me laugh.

Take care @susanne - thinking of you and really hope that things start to become clearer and begin to resolve.

XXX
 
We are always here to listen Susanne! Sorry you have the job stress. I would add another word but bonesmart police would tell at me so I will be nice. Lousy rotten people. I had the biggest fight with my employer of 28 years when I had my tkr. Surprised I still have a job but need it for a few more years. My boss thought my surgery was not necessary and then thought I should be back in two weeks. I was harassed the whole time and my only pay was $150 per week disability before taxes. I document everything and trust no one there. A terrible way to end my career. It was once a great place to work but my boss is 81 now and senile. I often call his son Prince Philip as he will never be a King. Love how you describe your brother. I have a MIA sister who is never around to help do anything. Just goes thru life in her little bubble. Just not my style. Don't forget your camera for the wedding! That should be a blast on a boat!!! I hope your knee is behaving and you enjoy your Sunday! Xoxo
 
@dogwheels. Could you believe it. I'm such a nervous neurotic flyer that I forgot camera. I keep a small one in my beach bag but even forgot that. Well in spite of all that my daughter was thrilled as she hates when I take pictures., so just end up used phone which did the trick
Still kicking myself But she'll be in for a shock come sept fir wedding when I bring out the big guns. Only drawback is that me ex husband will be there. We don't talk but mainly scream at each other 2 times a year.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi everyone. I guess I should be changing my thread to 6 months out
Went to surgeon today for my 6 month ck up. Good news knee perfect. Love my surgeon
I can even cross my legs!!! And to top it off left with letter to the director of my horrible school stating no knee restrictions can return for sept! Will keep you all posted of outcome
Thanks everyone for all your support , kindness and wisdom
Only problem is I really don't want to go back yo the toxic school
Can't win no matter what. Off to take mom to dr
Have a great day/ night everyone. With love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great report from your OS....and clearance for work is a plus. Wish you could be going back to a "kinder" place, though. Glad you glad a good time here in Chicago....missed the "Taste" this year. We were away on vacation. It's always so fun to sample all that great food!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Oh my. Work situation getting crazier and scarier. The person who is causing such an uproar went on a rampage of verbal abuse and accusations to a teacher and a psychologist. Then he began having a fight with HIMSELF! ( of course I wanted to know who won). Sad thing is that one of the women is leaving and no one will do or say anything to the director of the school. It's really getting out of hand. I'm going in on Friday just to pay my insurance for month of August. This should be quite interesting. Already did my time with him when I had my own class. He was not allowed to come into my room can just talk at doorway. Feel like the movie Norma Rae my fiend and I tried to start a union but after all the work we did, when the staff heard money had to be paid everyone ran in the other direction. So now it's every man for himself.
Hope everyone is doing good with less pain and woes ?

My daughter's birthday is next week, just ordered a chocolate cheesecake from the famous NYC juniors cheesecake. Hoping when she gets it, it will still be fresh and delicious.

Night/ day all. Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm, Junior's cheesecake! Since I'm in the area, tell her to give me a call if she can't finish it herself!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Lovestoread. Very funny. I could have met you when I was there. We could have compared knees. Where in chi town are you?? And by the way have you read any good books lately. I can't find one to hold my interest?? Xo susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
It would have been fun to meet! In June, I met with two other Bonesmarties in the area......Brithael and Lexismom. It was fun meeting in person after meeting on the forum! I'm in the southwest suburbs, but both my kids are in the city on the north side (Lincoln Park, on the same block as Skigirl's daughter(!), and in the Andersonville neighborhood) so I'm in the city frequently. As for book recommendations, I just finished "All the Light You Cannot See," and "Beautiful Ruins." I really enjoyed both of them. Since I work in a middle school library, I've also read about a dozen books for that age group so I could talk about them with the students. I just started "The Boys in the Boat" yesterday, so can't recommend it just yet.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Lovestoread. I have all the light on my kindle. Sometimes all I read are books on the holocaust but by authors have survived. I'm not sure what neighborhood daughter is in but I live Lincoln park my fav Italian restaurant I've also read about 5o books since I've been home since jan
What kind if books do you like. Trying to get away from Germany and enjoying simple books like:
The story of beautiful girl
Kitchen house
We were brothers ( best bk)
Bishop street
Orphan train
Goldfinch ( took forever )
Enjoy. We can start our own bs book club


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
How do I change my thread to 6 months out instead of 3??


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you thought it would be more appropriate!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Forgot to mention when I was at surgeon Monday he said I can cross my legs and and kick in pool gently at first. Do they think I'm an Olympic swimmer beautiful day today so off to the beach for some relaxation, book reading and off course some pix
Feel good everyone


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@susanne, hope you made it to the beach today! We have a pool, but it was a little cool today, so didn't bother. As for books, I usually gravitate to historical fiction, but read lots of non-fiction as well. I've been trying to branch out a bit, but like I said, I've spent a good part of the summer reading middle-school level books. Some of my recent Kindle reads are Sycamore Row, by John Grisham, Orphan Train, The Light Between Oceans, The Book Thief, The Goldfinch and Where'd You Go Bernadette. I also love Maeve Binchy, but sadly, she's passed away and there will be no more books. I also have China Dolls on my Kindle that was highly recommended by a friend. I subscribe to the Chicago Tribune's book weekly book supplement and find myself reading many books that are reviewed in it that I would not otherwise know about. When it had my TKR's last summer, I was so looking forward to a few months of just sitting around reading. Sad to say, I had no interest in books at all, and wasted my summer watching bad daytime TV....and I am not a TV watcher at all!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Lovestoread. Funny all the books you mentioned I already read. In case you like history my brother is one of the leading historians on Abraham Lincoln in the country. And will be speaking in chicago in sept. Anyway if ur interested his name is Harold Holzer wrote 35 books on Lincoln and lectures all over country. He's pretty interesting to hear and very very funny



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom