TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

@dogwheels. Hi thanks for thinking of me. Have been totally out of touch with everyone and am so sorry. Guess just a bit overwhelmed, depressed, sad etc about my job, my mom, my sister. Feel like I'm on a roller coaster of emotions. Meeting with lawyer next tues for Wkmans comp my Wkmans comp people can't believe I'm not at work yet . Will be making a surprise visit with letter from dr and payment for my health insurance, since that's really all I care about. Everyone at wk keeps texting me when I'm coming back, either they are trying to get info or just being kind. Don't know. Just have to watch what I say. The bf keeps telling me to stop worrying, nothing is written about losing job, to just calm down, but of course I can't. Have been going to my friends pool with exercises laminated in hand. Of course the sight of this is hysterical needless to say I'm glad I don't put my head in the water.
On the brighter side my knee is fine, just sometimes gets that tight band feeling. Also so looking forward to seeing my daughter next week. I will definitely bore all of you with pictures of chicago
Miss you all thanks for putting a smile on my face and for your caring words xxsusanne




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry all the work stuff is bad. :-( Although I don't know much about disability/leave/etc... I know that your principal/boss is not allowed to talk to anyone about what's going on and technically is not allowed to even call you - can't remember why that is, but has to do with the fact that if you're being paid disability to be off work, then no one from work can call you or they can get in big trouble. I think.

I know you're worried about insurance and all .... wondering if you can't file for SS Disability? While receiving disability benefits I know you can't file for unemployment, but you would be able to should the disability payments stop, yes? Can the healthcare marketplace help at all? Cobra is sooooo expensive!

Sorry if my questions have already been answered by you - I've missed so much ..... I hope things start looking up for you!
 
Hang on in there @susanne - as an onlooker I think the whole work scenario thing stinks, but I said before, we are all here to offer what little support and care that we can.

I'm so pleased that the hydro exercises are managing to greatly reduce your street cred every time you use the pool :loll: and provide a ready source of amusement for your friend and everyone else there. The comment you posted a while back about grinding up and down the wall of the pool had me laughing uncontrollably.

I bet you cant wait to be in Chicago and with your daughter. You'll have a super time especially being able to spend time with her.

Take care XXX

PS - So glad the knee is behaving!
 
Thanks for your support again....dogwheels. So glad I can make you laugh in my misery. But if you were there you would have been hysterical. Plus knee felt better....
@Doglover. Interesting, didn't know my principal couldn't talk to anyone. Thought she was just being her hiding behind door self.. Yes on the soc sec disability, seeing white teeth lawyer on tues to discuss all body parts worth salvaging for Wkmans comp settlement. ( knee and throw in hip for good measure). Once that's done he will start procedure for soc sec disability. Since you can't work while waiting hopefully the money I get will cover my expenses.
I'm bringing a friend with me so she can hear all the info and translate it in baby terms for me..
Sometimes I think my brain turned to mush
Going to be strong and go into school next week to casually hand in my check for my insurance
This way i will sit down with my drs letter in hand and hear her out.
What makes no sense is that my Wkmans comp nurse said they seem to want me back at 100% which is ridiculous since the past 4 years I've been wking with chair and no floor work and had no problem. Plus is anybody really 100% better after surgeries??
To be continued
Thanks again for letting me vent
Here's what I wake up to every morning
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
. Xoxo susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@jozilia. Was just reading thru Ann's posts and of course your photo stopped me in my tracks. Beautiful. And you're so right. Very proud !
@nanamoon. Sorry I've been so flip and ignoring everyone. Want yo wish you a very belated sweet 16 birthday wish. Hope your day was as special as you are.
Well it's July 4th. The fireworks have begun. From my window I can see the sparkling fireworks but hate the sounds of firecrackers. I feel so badly for anyone who has a dog. These poor babies must be deep in hiding.
Visited mom today and caught up with my sister who surprised us both. Usually she's so busy with herself she leaves no time for anyone else. A,though she does deserve all her self pampering. She deserves only he best, Also my POW brother texted out of the blue to say he would be on the news. He's vice pres of communications at the metropolitan museum of art. And one of his friends who did a lot of wk at the met passed away. He looked pretty hood and still wondering why he can't come see his mother. It's been almost 3 months. Just don't get it
Anyway firecrackers driving me nuts. Going to up the volume on tv and blast ac
Hope everyone has a great day/ night
And hurray for the red white and blue !!!!
Love susanne
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
. From my garden.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
pretty flower Susanne! Good to hear from you. I, more than anyone probably, take 'days off' from just about everything .... sometimes it's just good to disconnect. There was a day last weekend that I left my phone at home when I went out .... on purpose!!! :-0 Take good care of yourself my friend! xoxo
 
Gorgeous hydrangea ? Glad to hear you are okay. I just started the prep for knee no 2. Really want it over with but not looking forward to another recovery. Look forward to your updates. Hang in there!
 
@jozilia. Can't believe ur doing it again. At least you'll know what your in for. What date are U having it done
Going to lawyers tues. Will post results. And yes hydrangeas.
@dogwheels@nanamoon@doglover. Hope all is well with you and ur knees. So far I have no complaints
Getting ready for my chicago trip on wedns nite. Good news bulk head extra leg room no charge on jet blue for handicapped bad news chance of rain everyday. Oh well can't have everything. I'm going for 3 days so why am I packing like I'm going to Russia 4pairs capris 2 shorts 3prs shoes 7 tops. And everything is either black or gray! ❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I pack like that too, then start taking stuff out to lighten the load. If I could I would take the kitchen sink.:heehee:
Have a great trip!
 
I am hoping for early September. Waiting for approval from my insurance company. Then I get ct scan of knee as my OS used a custom knee. Last time it took six weeks to make. Not looking forward to it but am hoping it turns out as good as my right tkr.

Hope you enjoy Chicago and your daughter! I went to college in Rockford, IL. Boy did I not fit in there. But that was 1972 and I was quite out there. Lol the good old days!
 
Hi @susanne - yay for you. Only a short while and you will be with your daughter and in Chicago (envy envy). Well done for scoring a bulkhead seat - just pray that you are not sitting next to the Incredible Hulk! When I used to flit back and forth from the Middle East I used to get priority boarding as I was a frequent flyer. I used to sit there watching the 'large than life' or weirdo misfits come down the aisle, just knowing they would be seated next to me. Quite often they were - I seemed to hold a magnetic attraction for them. Thankfully I usually managed to use my persuasive charms or if all else failed, my 'expat b*tch from hell' persona to get a seat switch.

Thanks for asking about the knee. It's OK and getting there. Biggest problem seems to be the muscles behind it - my poor hamstrings have been redundant for so many years, they don't quite know what has hit them! I still have some bruising behind the knee 5 months on - unbelievable. My PT laughs and we have a little game of where and what colour is the crease behind Chris's knee today. I sometimes wonder if it will ever go.

Well, get that packing sorted and put in a quick request for fine weather. Hope you have the best time catching up and being with your daughter.

XX
 
Well, I did it. Went to job without any fanfare. Went to see HR complain(sorry).and handed her a check for my insurance coverage for July. Not even once did she ask how I was etc. very sweet, anyway proceeded to steer conversation to my return to work, asking her if she received the last updated letter from my surgeon. Her reply, you need to talk to the director. Now he's in charge of the school, also retired board of ed principal driving a Mercedes convertible while everyone is living paycheck to paycheck. Anyway trying to stay on topic....so went to him all cheery and sweet, to discuss my return in sept. Was I in for a shocker. He's telling me the letter dr wrote says restrictions ( which are my hip) and insisting that's not what letter says. Also said regulations have changed ( news to me and everyone else) and how disturbed the kids are ( yea been there 23 yrs) and I won't be able to run after them,,,,,ok so now he's a medical dr deciding on his knowledge what I can and cannot do.. I reminded him that for the past 41/2 yes I've never had a problem working with my hip restrictions etc....realized I was getting nowhere with him, left it as I will be seeing surgeon and will get another letter. Seems that once you leave for surgery you have to come back at 100%. Is he for real. Spoke with principal also friend who said she doesn't know what's going on thought I'd be back in sept. More BS. That the director is under so much pressure to fill spots, the school is in the red, and school failed an audit. Oopsy not a good day to discuss me.
Then went to white teeth atty with my friend. Of course I didn't have all the right papers. He knew that and thought hysterical. Will be pursuing settlement for both hip and knee.
On a good note suitcase packed to the brim. Can't with for tomorrow night.
Hope everyone is feeling good.
Again thanks for letting me vent....this is really getting insane!!!!!
Love you all.....❤️❤️❤️



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Susanne - Happy trip day to Chicago! Yeah you will see your daughter! Your job is really messed up. Mine is bad yours is way worse. Sorry for the insensitive director. So glad you have a lawyer who will fight for you. Sometimes it is the only way. They are so breaking the ADA laws in the U,S. Be strong and patient. You will be happy in the end and have justice. I feel it in my heart. I am doing well - waiting for approvals from my insurance company to get my left knee done. My OS was surprised I am so wanting it done. He is a real hottie too. Beautiful blond hair, blue eyes and always tan looking - like a German movie star. He also is very athletic and down to earth Also has had knee surgeries and understands that pain. Can't wait to hear about your trip! Much love, JoAnne
 
Hi @susanne - hope your trip to Chicago is good for you and that it can take your mind off of all of the BS you are dealing with (and by BS I do not mean Bone Smart :heehee:).

Sorry I have not been on your thread - just had my second TKR done and I seem to be sleeping quite a bit. I cannot imagine the level of frustration you are going through with your work situation. Education in Canada falls under provincial jurisdiction and our teachers are unionized. I am not sure if it is the same in the US but if it is, can you work through your union to get some resolution? If not, I would stick with the Labour Board and get something done. It does not seem right that you are going through this.

Anyway, have a wonderful visit with your daughter and try to get if off of your mind for at least the time you are visiting. It sounds like the knee if not giving you too much grief which is a good thing!

Take car.
 
Hello from Chicago. Weather beautiful. Hitting the beaches , last night walked and walked thru a "taste of Chicago" tons of booths set up with tastes of food from fried ravioli to tai noodles. Stuffed our faces. Then off to dinner to meet daughters new boyfriend. So sweet and nice perfect except for the fact he lives here and she wants to come back home. So after all the walking last night decided to ice and take an oxi. Couldn't sleep til 4 am mainly because of the picture below
Hope everyone is good. One more day to shop and eat. We are on a roll
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

That's Sadie her chubby dog and us at the beach. So what if we have flat hair took 50 pics and this was the best one
@dogwheels. Would you believe i forgot my camera ????


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful picture of you and your daughter at the beach! You look alike in this photo. Omg how did you forget your camera? Something I would do. Ummm food. I love food festivals especially those "a taste of" ones.

Sadie is gorgeous too! Is she a blue pitbull? Very pretty and just wants to play. I am so missing having a dog. After my right tkr recovery, I am seriously considering another dog. Here is a photo of Pun who is still missing Stella the minpin.

[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
 
@jozilia. Sadie was a rescue at 6 months old. She had been so abused and has scars on her belly. So sad. She and her old horrible bf got her together. She's 7 yrs old now and really mellowed out. But loves the beach and will find anyone to throw a ball for her. After an hr she gets a little Bally crazy and we know it's time to go. She slept with me every night and woke up to slobbering licks. I think she is a blue nose I know she had papers. She's such a good dog. A real mush. It's too bad that pits get such bad raps.hers another pic of her. Still so ticked I forgot camera
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
She is beautiful Susanne. So glad your daughter rescued her and has given her a happy life. My favorite dog Rascal was a rescue - she was a chow mix dumped in a dumpster. We had such love for each other. She protected me for many years as my hubby worked nights. It was the safest I ever felt. When I recover from my other knee I will look for another. How was your trip? I am so glad you could visit your daughter. When is she planning on moving back to NY? Maybe bf can come with her or not ,,, Missed you! Xoxo
 
@jozilia. 3am rainy humid knee throbbing and tight the weather here has been horrible. Every replacement part aches. Chicago was great plane delayed 4 hrs bc if rain so got in at 4am a little tired and a lot poorer❤️she had fight with the bf while I was with them. That was real fun. She wants to come back to ny but really likes the boy. So she's at that confused state. They made up and all is well in the village thank goodness. She will be home in sept for our cousins wedding she's just hoping for a plus 1 so she can bring him to ny
Think I'm getting a little slap happy. Trying now to get some sleep




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Morning Susanne - so glad you could spend time with your daughter. September will be here soon. Ugh. Do hope you get some sleep. Nothing worse. Well maybe tkr recovery. Lol. I had insomnia for years and nothing helped. I had a ENT doctor who sent me for a sleep study. Yes I had sleep apnea. I am probably 90 percent better sleeping now with Cpap. Hubby has one too. What a cute couple we must look like sleeping! Hope all else is well for you. Xoxo
 
Back
Top Bottom