TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Thanks@nanamoon. Stuffing my face with ice cream and chocolate sauce. Feeling a drop better


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Susanne. - hope your lawyer really sticks it to them. I would have to think they are breaking American With Disabilities Act laws now in addition! Hang in there!
 
Ho @susanne over here they would most certainly be breaking the DDA -Disability Discrimination Act. Xxxx I hope the lawyers do them like a turkey at thanksgiving x x x x
 
Hi ladies@nanamoon @jozilia.@dogwheels Still waiting to hear from lawyer. Spoke to a few people from Workmans comp ie nurse who said she doesn't know why they are doing this. It's more like discriminating. One women who started a year after I did was removed from her classroom bc she has MS. Well, instead of a law suite they found her a job, they also hired a speech therapist with 1 arm and had to change all the faucets in bathroom to accommodate her. This is getting me crazy. All I'm asking for is my big chair back, that is waiting for me in our lounge. The funny thing is I really didn't want to go back, but now because they are not re-hiring me which makes no sense I'm determined to put up a big fight,
To be continued. Again thanks for all your support.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry you're going through all of this Susanne. :-(
 
@Doglover thanks. It's like a bad dream. Never would I have believed they would do this to me
The fight is on. Not taking this lying down. I'm just so nervous about medical insurance that I filled all my prescriptions as fast as I could



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Sorry to hear about your job, so frustrating. For insurance you can sign up with ACA anytime there is a change in status such as what has happened to you.
Ask for a functional capacity examination to determine what you able to do.
Just someone looking at you is not enough to give an opinion on your ability to work.
Can you work with a PT to learn to get up off the floor etc, and the other things they say you cannot do?
 
@pumpkin. Because I had hip resurfacing and 3 years later my hip dislocated at school I have precautions. Just can't sit on those little preschool chairs. So the same precautions for knee but temporary hip is forever. Had my knee done to improve my quality of life as a result in schools icy parking lot...and now the bitchy (sorry) hr person has deemed me unable to carry out my responsibilities she doesn't even know what I do nor is she a medical expert
Its2:30 am here and still writing notes to tell lawyer. Just don't know why there're doing this to me after 23 years if work....it's really unbelievable


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thinking of you. Keep documenting - that is good! We are here to help you thru this!!!
 
New update,,,,spoke with the Wkmans comp atty, who only does Wkmans comp. He gave me a name of a labor relations lawyer and now waiting for phone call. Perfect white teeth atty said after 12 weeks they don't have to hire you back...but....if it was their fault in first place ....that's what the other lawyer is for. This is really getting ridiculous, just found out 2 teachers are leaving and 1 secy resigned,,,it's not that I want to work there, feel it should be my decision. Just want the insurance ...Plus so worried about insurance. I've been searching sites and calling people about it. The good thing is my hip and knee will always be covered under Wkmans comp. I can cobra my insurance but dread finding out how much it will be. Oh boy



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
..so a friend from wk texted me last night starting off with we miss you when u coming back...she told me that my princiPAL/ friend is not allowed to talk to anyone about it. Now I know we teach in a pre school, but do you have to act like one too. Anyway everything is so hush hush. I just don't get it.,,they hired another sub for summer, when I told them in early June I can return and my principal does not handle confrontation well, she hides behind her closed door. She's afraid to make any waves. Now another friend just texted me what's going on that Amy ( principal) doesn't want to talk about it...now it's getting ridiculous. I've been tempted to call back the labor relations lawyer waste $200 for consultation fees just to scare them. Nothing like a woman scorned
To be continued. Thanks everyone for all your support. Love you all. Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I def think you should scare then. On the ADA website - Americans with Disabilities - you can file a complaint with them online. My gf did it where we both work - she has MS. They did either call or write to our boss. It did scare the **** out if him though they are still jerks. You boss definatelt needs a wake up call! Go get em, Susanne! Xoxo
 
Hi @susanne - as usual I have no idea about the legal complexities/rules over there - but it does sound like discrimination.
I think @Jozilla is absolutely right, scare them stupid, make it public - bet they will back down. Awful publicity for the school if it was made common knowledge .........
This stinks - hope you get a break through soon and resolve the issue as you want.

Hang in there, they should remember 'hell hath no fury ............'

Go Susanne!!

XX
 
Sorry that you are going through this @susanne. A labour lawyer is likely the bast way to go. How frustrating for you! They should definitely be making concessions for you. I would not let this one go.

Thinking of you and hope you get through this.

LOVE the picture of your flowers!
 
Hope you get this resolved, frustrating to not know if you are coming or going. I hope in the end you prevail, and are able to decide what you want to do. Would seem with all those people leaving they would be anxious to have you back.
 
Today I am taking a day off from being frustrated. My moms aide had to take off so we are spending day together. That is until I have to go to 2nd job at 4 pm..I've been with my little girl 6 yrs and now she won't be receiving services. I'm hoping her parents will fight again with the courts to continue, thought I'd be walking her down the aisle whispering in her ear focus, pay attention to what you are doing. Today's our last day so I'm trying to make a memory book ( that is after explaining what a memory is) thru her writing and drawing. Very bittersweet
Monday I shall return on the warpath....not going down so fast
Again thanks for all your words of encouragement. They really help, you have no idea
Off to play date with mom...until she gets ready makeup, wig, outfit she looks amazing
Love. Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How sad for your little girl. Wonder why it is so hard for some people and so easy for others. I am sure she has many good memories with you and you have been an important part of her life.

Take care and have fun with mom - mine wears wigs too!

Xoxo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So sad that your little girl will no longer be receiving services. Why is that?
Hope you had a nice time with your mom!
 
Hello @susanne

Haven't heard from you for a bit, so I thought I'd just pop by and drop some friendly vibes and a big hug, to let you know we are thinking about you.

Hope you are OK and that things are moving forward with your issues at work. I do hope that you will be able to get things resolved the way that works best for you.

Take care of yourself and hang on in there!

XXX
 
Back
Top Bottom