Guest viewing is limited

TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Good luck today! I will be thinking if you and looking forward to your posts! Xoxo
 
@jozilia atty cancelled in court til 4:30 and with rush hour wouldn't see him til12 am..so tomorrow at 1:30 it is. I'll let you all know how it goes. Have my pad and pencil ready and waiting. Xo


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I have heard having an attorney is extremely helpful in both ss disability and workers comp. I have another question you can ask him. Is it true that a workers comp injury always stays open and if you ever needed medical treatment for your injury it would be paid for? Does that include Medication and transportation for medical visits? It doesn't hurt to ask though the better you make out the better he does. Also if ss disability is it retroactive to when you were first injured. Xoxoxo All the best to you tomorrow!!
 
@jozilia. Writing down that question right now. Good one thanks xo


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thinking of you @susanne and hope all goes well.

Reading the input from your US chums on here about this, has me totally confused. It is all so complicated! And I thought the UK was bad with red tape and procedures!

Anyway, hope that your legal eagle gets things sorted, just the way you want.

Take care
XX
 
Hi @dogwheels @nanamoon@ jozilia@doglover etc
Well the lawyer was interesting. One thing he's so cute, and because I'm so ADD couldn't focus, all I saw was perfect white teeth... He showed me the " blue book" which shows amounts for loss of use of body parts, threw in hip dislocation he's doing separately. Found out covered forever by Wkmans comp for all body parts.which is good to know...also need more paperwork to send him. And of course the more money I get his cut is 10% also advised to go back to work and will be eligible for social security disability. Have good case for that. Which means insurance would be Medicare and would also have to get a supplement....to cover the other 20% of medical costs. I should have brought someone with me because honestly my brain is so fried....he was talking so loud and when I asked him why, he said it's obvious you don't hear what I'm saying. Anyway story to be continued
Thank you all for your support questions and strength!! I really appreciate it


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok I couldn't get pass "the cute" and "perfect white teeth." Hmmm sounds very good Susanne. It was interesting to read about the advice he gave you. You need someone like him as there are so many different laws and they keep changing. I think you have a really good case!
 
Sounds good. Sorry the attorney was so cute that you couldn't focus. (That's a sarcastic statement--sometimes a little eye candy is nice). 10% is great-- they must be limited in NY. The folks I work with here in Texas end up forking over 25% to attorneys for assistance in getting SSDI.
And yes, folks from across the pond, this stuff is complicated and hard. When you reach retirement age, it is easy to apply for Medicare and Social Security. But anything else is a nightmare.
Good luck. I hope you and your cute lawyer find some good options for you.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
 
@jozilia,@oldtexan....you think I got a little carried away....my attention span is just so limited
Guess this is what happens after 22 years with special ed preschoolers. Can't form a sentence with more than 4 words let alone understanding an adult...need to get out more!!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
"@Jozilia@oldtexan@nanamoon@dogwheels@doglover and all others I might have missed..
So I made a very grown up decision, i have decided to go back to work at school starting July. I will also be doing my homecare job 3 days a week although that will end in June.
Why you all ask.....well, my comp checks have been cut in half and obviously I would like to keep my co op and eat..also figured if I start in the summer it's a 6 week program and the best part is we have a pool. So I'll be killing 2 birds with 1 stone ( sorry for the analogy animal lovers)
The pool is only 31/2 feet at the deepest end so I can walk the pool for 2 hrs while I wait for the kids to come out...that leaves me with3 hrs to be in a classroom. If by end if august I can't bear or stand it, hopefully I'll be able to get some private home care hrs.... I think it's a win win situation. All I'm worried about is how I'm going to wake up at 7 am everyday. Plus I already booked my chicago flight to see daughter.
The lawyers who will have til jan to make comp case complete and see how much money I can get for knee and hip! So that lump sum in jan is something to look forward too. The lawyer with the beautiful white teeth said just think of it as a savings lump sum you will get. He's also filling out papers for me to go on social security disability, which takes a few months, but you can't work, so the comp case money will come in handy.
Anyway it's pouring rain here, great night for sleeping but it's only 7:30pm
Here's a picture if my favorite dinner partner
Enjoy
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I understand completely why you are going back to work. I think your lawyer has given you great advice and a great plan to proceed. Will be cheering you in!

Omg your kitty is beautiful. We only have Pun left in the house since Stella the min pin died. It is very different without her and the first time in 20 years we have not had a dog. Pun still sleeps where Stella did and he really misses her. I do hope you share your dinner!

I hope you can still get to Chicago - maybe a long break? Take care and sweat dreams of $$$$$.

Xoxo
 
@jozilia she's a weird cat, doesn't eat food from table but will stuck her paw in my bowl if cereal so gross ax we know where those tootsies have been,
. Thanks for the encouragement about work...I'm probably the only person who has surgery in winter and goes back to work in summer.....I guess it's all about the money,money, money
Nite all and sweet dreams. Xo susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad you found a solution you are comfortable with. Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
 
Oh @susanne I'm sorry I missed so much on your thread. Unfortunately the @ before my name wasn't on and I didn't get the alerts. Wow you've been busy. Your atty sounds like a hottie! Blue suit white teeth mmmmm ......
I adore your dinner partner, so cute and oh those eyes.... Xxxxx lovely xxxxx
 
To all you dads / moms out there. Happy Father's Day. Enjoy


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just wondering is anyone able to cross their legs?? I know with a hip you shouldn't. What's the deal with a knee??


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I don't think we are supposed to. I keep finding myself doing that of late on a good day and my knee gets uncomfortable and kind of semi stuck. I have to cajole it using both hands to lift it. It's not worth crossing your legs. X
 
Hi @susanne - glad that you have a plan. That's half the battle isn't it? Deciding on a course of action. I am still totally befuddled by all your different systems of payments - I am sure that along with the rest of us Brits I just have to let that bit of conversation go over my head.
Don't worry about lack of concentration, @DogLoverx3 and I are totally convinced that a piece of brain is also removed at the same time as the offending knee bits - and are forever complaining about brain sprain!
Glad that you have an Attorney that is 'easy on the eye' - just hope that whoever he presents your case to is a woman, so he can turn on the charm and get her to agree to everything that you want!
Love your cat - such a cute face! I know what you mean about the paws though. Mum had a cat that she doted on. It was never allowed out and regularly disgusted me by giving Mum 'kisses'. Mum is usually quite anal about cleanliness but for some reason thought this was OK as the cat was always indoors .............. until I pointed out how the cat cleans its nether regions. Ick!
Totally jealous about your trip to Chicago - love that place. We almost got to live there for a while .... but not quite. Just ended up tagging along with husband on multiple business trips. Daughter and I will never forget being the only ones on the Fire Truck tour ......... More importantly it will be super for you to spend time with your daughter - and I just know how you will be looking forward to that.

Hope things progress well Susanne

XX
 
@dogwheels@nanamoon@doglover@jozilia and all of those who I forget I'm sorry...
So...new problem. Called my school and the ( complain) from HR a one man job,to say id be returning july1st for summer session and she says sorry we can't re hire you! My mouth fell to the floor. She's reading my medical report which I don't know how she got her hands on which says partial 50% disability? I.e. No stairs,no kneeling, lifting, going on floor. All the restrictions I had previously because of my hip dislocation. Anyway phone calls went out to my Wkmans comp office, the nurse and the lawyer with the white teeth. Now that I'm so angry, for spite i want to fight for my job back...didn't know I had to be re hired from a job I never lost. Also so worried about health insurance. I was trying to explain to her that the Wkmans comp drs report is just an opinion, not written in stone and it's my surgeon who has final say...there were so many arguments I could have made but was so flabbergasted she said that. Couldn't say anything. Didn't even have curtesy to ask how I was. So how that I'm completely stressed out and it's so hot 90 degrees and humid that everything hurts. It's only 8 pm but I think I'm ready to pop a pill and call it a day.
Responses definitely welcomed
I will end with flower of the day. Nite all <3
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom