TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

I feel that if I take them later at night I won't sleep as the oxi gets me quite speedy and not relaxied
So that's why I take early.....
 
Just out of curiosity, is your Oxycodone 15 mg. a single tablet? My prescription for Oxycodone HCL is a 5 mg. tablet, which is prescribed "1 to 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours." So when I first got them I took 2 tablets every 4 hours, (12 tablets daily) then cut back to 2 tablets every 6 hours, (8 tablets daily) and now am trying 1 tablet every 4 hours (6 tablets daily) and hope to go to 1 every 6 hours in about a week, if I can. It's how I cut back without noticing much. But if you have one 15 mg. tablet, that would be kind of tough.
 
Itis 1 15 mg tablet. So I'm trying to space out..I also take Advil which surprisingly works much better then the oxi...I love the fact that I left hospital and rehab as a drug addict.
 
I'll have to try the Aleve-sometimes I overdo it, but I don't want to up the Oxicodone. Are you driving? That's why I was so anxious to get off it when I had my left knee replaced-I wanted to drive but was afraid to with the oxycodone. Now it's my right knee but I'm nowhere near driving, so not in such a hurry to get off the prescription meds.
 
I have read, my dr and therapist agree on the Advil for an anti inflammatory along with oxi
And yes i am driving. Have been on these meds for so long has no effect on me. I don't know why I bother at all.
 
Not a good idea to change wardrobe from winter to spring/ summer clothes. Knee and ankle hurt but the worst of it snow coming .....come on Mother Nature enough already!!
 
Had a lovely day. Even though temp said 45 it was freezing. Had manicure for the first time in 3 months. The little things that make us feel better. I just hate the fact that once im sitting it's such a struggle to get up off chair also had a 10 minute massage bc my left shoulder is killing me. The right one was replaced 3 years ago and now of course I'm overcompensating using my left one too much....I'm either freezing with an ice pack on my knee or sweating with a heating pad in my shoulder. Can someone just dip me in a vat if cortisone !!
 
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Ok guys. Here's my knee. Don't mind the mess around me. I'm laying here with ice in knee and heating pad on shoulder. What a mess
Goodnight all
 
Hi friends @ nanamoon,@ dog wheels,@karringtynand the rest of the coffee clutch. Not fair, I'm up while you all over the ocean are sleeping or trying to. These past 2 days I feel like I am running a private ambulette service took mom to dermatologist who removed some suspicious cells from the top oif her head. I told dr she's onblood thinners should I watch for anything. She said no, she'll be fine... Just to add a little background info my moms a golfer and just stopped playing about 5 years, club champ and all....but she used to wear those sun visors where top if head exposed...Well I got a call at 6am from my moms aide who said her heads been bleeding since 10 pm nite before, still bleeding and she has to leave. Shift over. I rush over there2 mins away, find my mom sitting on bed with towel on her head...I dress her, put her in her little wheel chair which she never uses and off to the ER we go...drs cked her, cked blood count fine, and almost had bleeding stopped. It is now 12 pm,,,,ER dr suggested we go back to dermatologist. So off we go me mom and her other most loveliest aide in the world, drs response well these things happen, I almost ripped the knife out of her hand to slit her throat....theses things happen and you didn't tell me. Long story short she cortorized the bleeder and sent us on our way... Now she's home tucked in and being watched. She says she feels fine. Me, on the other hand, came home at 2 pm slept until 8 pm woke up for about 15 mins and back asleep til 10 the next morning bc I had to take my sister to oral surgeon. Knee not too bad just a few aches and pains, so I decided to take a walk. What happened to spring it was 32degrees I was freezing scarf, earmuffs gloves down coat. The whole nine yards....now my knee is so stiff and my apartment so cold....just can't win.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better
Goon night friends . Hope WE all have good sleep and sweet dreams
Boy I just got exhausted re reading about my day... :)
 
I'm so done with this weather, my knee is bothering me so badly so I thought who better to complain to at 4:09 am then my friends over the pond,,,I'm beginning to get so frustrated with the sleep positions. Start out on back with an ice pack wrapped around by leg on my trusty wedge.. Then I must have dozed off for What seemed like hours when in reality it was just half hr. Woke up flung ice pack off which landed on kitty...now I'm trying side position with pillow for support. That didn't last too long. It's now 4:00 am. Not having a good night. The funny thing is I was so tired before. Meeting my boss and some co workers for lunch in 7 hours so now trying one more time to try and sleep,,,it's not like I did anything today so why can't I sleep. Took 2 anvils and ice pack along with 2 advils
I would jump out window but I'm on ground floor. Can't take this on and off boast I take a pain pill I'll never sleep. Has opposite effect on me. The only good thing is I rode my bike for 29 mins while watching judge just.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @susanne I relate so much to your bad night I often get nights where I just can't get comfortable keep waking up and it seems such a long night,hope your sleeping now and kitty is alright:sleep:
 
Let's see I've tried all different combinations for sleep. Bendedryl and Advil ( helped my stuffy nose) no sleep. Advil pm and melatonin still up. Reading boring book and even tried zzzzquil
I think I'm going to have to go back to my internist and get some Xanax. That's the only thing that works. I'll keep you posted. On the other hand I don't know why I'm getting so crazed if I don't sleep, it's not like I have anywhere to go in the morning so I can sleep all day.
 
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
@susanne, it can take a long time for our sleep rhythm to return---so go for wonderful little cat naps off and on during the day. Be sure you have some activities lined up for the wee hours of the morning when sleep just won't come. I watched a lot of bad, mind-numbing TV and luckily slept through some of it.
 
@bottomshollow. The only problem I have when I don't sleep late at night besides watching tv is this impossible thing called internet....I'm loving getting packages everyday especially since I don't remember what or when I've ordered things. It's like Christmas everyday. Can't complain!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Help my knee replacement friends. Not sure if this is something I should be worried or concerned about. I've been having spasms in the back of the knee. It feels like a cramping feeling and I keep trying to stretch it out, it's happened before but last. night drove me to tears. No matter where I put my leg, elevated, on side with pillow and just on side with ice pack on back of knee. The front doesn't look to bad just slight swelling and a little tightness and mild pain. The back if knee is so painful too I keep rubbing it, standing and stretching, and more ankle pumps. My leg goes into a spasm and It kind of shoots out to relieve the pain in back if knee
Does this sound common? Does anyone else have this issue. It's driving me mad, can't sleep but can cry
Help,
 
I don't know if you have any pain medication but you may want to try at bedtime if you do. I have neuropathy and take muscle relaxers and neurotin at bedtime which really help me with muscle spasms. You may want to try eating a banana before bedtime too. It may be you just need some potassium or magnesium. Feel better!
 
Susann that is my biggest thing after 2 1/2 weeks is not being able to walk properly . I'm finding the heal ball tole pushoff really hard and my Os wants me to kick my Toe back on the heel part for a extension so I feel like half the time I just flounder around looking silly. But it makes my family laugh so it's okay I don't mind looking silly
 
Back
Top Bottom