TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Hi @susanne. My sleeps been rubbish. I'm going to try and see my GP today. Xxxxx I'm glad you're coming through the psychological side of things. It makes a massive difference. I still have times when I don't want to bother with people or go out but I make myself now x x x

Good luck booking your flight x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Well I'm still up. It's nice to have a pen pal to chat with. Feel like I'm back in 3rd grade.
Watching house hunters which makes me want to get up and clean my apt..but when I look around get so overwhelmed that the dust will have to wait....
Again. Trying to go to sleep. Shutting down all electronics
Have a good night
 
Hi Susanne great to book your flight ,the sunshine will do you good,I was told to ditch my cane but don't feel safe without even though my husband thinks I don' t need it. Take care
 
Hi @yiayia3 I still use mine when I go out more for my own protection. I can be a bit unstable in crowded situations x x x
 
Go to Tampa! I think it will be good for you. I know being with my daughter is the best medicine and am fortunate to have such a bond with her. I saw my OS yesterday and he asked why I still had my cane at 12 weeks out. I told him it was for my unoperated knee. I am going back in June to start getting ready for that replacement. I agree with you though walking in the winter is scary and I am using my cane until I feel safe!
 
Left happy and tired but with a more positive outlook

Absolutely great. But be warned your recovery can be a roller coaster. If you fully take that on board you can make the lows a little less low. Going to see the OS where you are told you are doing great (because you are) is always a lift. But it has a tendency not to last. Its natural/normal for the concerns to build up especially when you are short on sleep. So next time you feel teary and down, say to yourself ` I'm at the bottom of the roller coaster. That's all. Its normal. And it will pass'. ITS TRUE.
 
Of course sleep came and 5 am. Maybe I should to a career change to delivering milk!! Is that still an option anywhere. Got up at around 10:30 to do nothing. Did some light cleaning, and exercises and by 5pm knee pain and tiredness overcame me. All from dusting?? Anyway took my favorite part of the day nap and now feel more tired than ever :(
Don't think Tampa is in the cards. Daughters schedule is not too flexible for me to visit. She will be in NY in April so I guess I can wait a few mire weeks. :(
 
Hi Susanne
I've been following your progress since my last reply to you. You're doing well and like everybody says, you're on a rollercoaster and it's a long ride. I'm almost 7 months out and it's been up and down the whole way. I go to the gym 3 times a week and sometimes it feels great the next day, and sometimes I think "why did i do that?". My knee still feels tight most of time, not painful tight, just muscle tight. But it's better than it was a month ago and it'll be better next month than it is now. Take your meds, exercise a little at PT, ice, elevate and know that you will feel better soon. By the way, the weather in Queens was actually nice for part of the afternoon. I sat on a stool and changed the headlight in my car. It felt good just to be able to do it. (even if it took 2 hours)
 
It was great out today. But heard on the news snowstorm coming Wednesday into Thursday.
Almost time to hit the med bottle get ice pack and tuck myself in for the night
Just finished watching Dallas buyers club. Great movie but do sad
Night everyone
 
Hi @susanne I cannot rate your page. A dialogue box keeps coming up saying that I don't have permission to view this page, very odd!!!

We have had no snow here this year or any real cold weather it is unnatural. I've never known such a mild winter as this. I think it may hit us late. XoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoXoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
Hi Susanne, I live a few blocks away from the southern end of Winchester Blvd. (where you work)
Hopefully the storm will be mostly rain and the temps above freezing.
Unlike you, Nana moon 27, we've had the coldest, snowiest winter that we've had in quite a few years.
 
Ok so I have a new dilemma. Since I've been sleeping (or trying to) on my back for 7 weeks my neck has been giving me problems, can't move side to side without it popping, pain radiating to shoulder area and all around pain, soaking area in icy hot.....
So I've tried sleeping on my side. Here's the problem I've had rt hip and shoulder replacements so I usually sleep on my left side, since getting my left knee replaced now I wake up with pain in right hip, feel the ball in hip..... Does anyone sleep on their replaced side. For me that would be my left...not sure if this is ok. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
 
My hip started hurting the same way when I started sleeping on my side when I got home.
I think with the new knee, the femur moves a little differently than before and maybe irritates the muscle.(?)
Anyway, it took about a month but the pain did slowly subside and didn't return.
 
@ merhlyn I've always slept on side don't know what to do with my replacement knee. Usually have ice pack wrapped around it, but afraid if I'm in my side with-my knee bent in a fetal position
Which I'm sure is not too smart a move. I guess it's going to be ice in knee heat on neck...what a mess!!
 
I had my left knee done too, and as far as the knee went it was easier to sleep on the left side so my leg was flat against the mattress. But that hurt my hip. When I turned to my right side, the left knee hurt unless it was supported by a pillow between my legs. In the beginning I couldn't stay on the left side for more than 5 minutes, but it got better slowly. Like I said, it took about a month. Like everything else about this whole experience, your whole life revolves around how your knee feels at any given moment. BUT IT DOES GET BETTER. I found keeping up on the light exercise every day, meds and icing got me thru the day. My knee definitely doesn't like the cold weather so I'm really looking forward to the spring.
Speaking of neck pain, I had that problem and got one of those "MY Pillows" and it helped a lot. No more neck pain, it supports the head and neck very well.
 
Have that pillow recommended by ny chiropractor. It doesn't help too much. Bought icy hot and salon pas patches. After 20 mins the patches burned my neck so I had to fling them off ugh
Not getting anywhere fast. Just new aches and pains
 
@nanamoon. It's great to hear you had a fabulous day. Walking in the park is great medicine. Today it was in the 60s and what did I do this beautiful day....laundry and sleep.
Tomorrow will be my last PT session until Workmans comp approves more visits. Hopefully after tomorrow's forecast of a dusting of snow will be able to appreciate the beautiful weather and take a walk or just sit outside and read a book..
Hope everyone has a great night. Sweet dreams my friends
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone had this feeling in their legs... I feel like I have to keep stretching my calf muscle. I've had this problem before dr thought it was restless leg syndrome put me on meds but didn't work. I bought something in vitamin shop called leg cramps ( how appropriate and to the point) to see if that works, last night my legs ached all over and I kept stretching them, but got worried I would pop my knee. Anyone else ever get this???? Suggestions most welcomed
Still sleeping in wedge with ice wrapped around knee
 
Susanne:
You are doing too much. Listen to your knee.

Hang in there. It WILL get better.

Annie
 
Nune4me. . . I really haven't been doing to much, unless you call walking around apt, going to PT and taking a shower. I feel like a complete blob. Plus it's freezing here. Might need an oil can for all my parts. Beginning to feel like the tin man
 
Back
Top Bottom