TKR I now have a matching set!

One of the best sleep aids is to have a nightly ritual. A nightly ritual that includes a glass of wine sounds about perfect!
 
One more step forward. Mowed the lawn this morning. It is a good feeling to get back to the point of being able to do the routine chores around the house.

:)
 
Wow, you are doing so well! I really hope my next one goes just like this one of yours!
 
I take melatonin as like you Tylenol pm and benadryl has the opposite effect on me.
 
Hi @Jockette - I hope your next one does too. I am really curious as to why my knees behaved so differently. I talked to my OS about it and he thought it might be due to knowing what to expect. I admit that I was better prepared this time but I don't think that explains all of the difference in the rate of healing. Whatever the cause I am glad it happened. :spin:
 
Good morning everyone: Started the day with a nice walk with my wife ( both knees felt great). Came home and started a loaf of bread that will be ready in time for dinner.

Life is good.

Have a great day.
Chemist
 
If I had to guess why your knee recovered the way it did this time, I would say it was because YOU were more relaxed about the whole recovery process. This is pure speculation, of course. Still, I think the less stress a person puts on the recovery — not worrying about every twinge, accepting that lots of these things are normal and just letting the body go about its work — the more recovering gets done. Less energy spent in being nervous and more energy for the healing. :thumb:
 
Hello All You All :

Guess my recovery is moving right along. An early morning walk with my wife combined with mowing the lawn totalled a little over 11000 steps. Followed that with a short bike ride to work the knots out of my hamstrings. I think that is enough for today

Have a great day everyone
Chemist
 
Howdy all you all :

Coming up on 11 weeks and things are going well. Pain is gone, just dealing with some stiffness now. Off of medications (even over the counter) which makes me happy. Back to doing all of my daily activities. Went for a 2 mile walk this morning followed by 5 miles on my bike - life is good!

Take care,
Chemist
 
Howdy all you all: I just realized I have had my right knee for over a year. I totally missed it's "birthday". I guess I was too focussed on it's younger sibling. When I look back over the year there have been highs and lows plus a few (quite a few) why in the @%#& did I ever have the surgery(s). But I am now so glad I did. Today my wife and I walked 3 miles and then I mowed the lawn - all pain free. For those of you just beginning the recovery marathon be patient. You may find that the end result is incredible.

Take care
Chemist
 
Thanks for the encouraging words, Chemist. “Incredible” sounds ...well, incredible! lol I’m at 3 months and I know I’m on track, progressing as I should and all that, but I seem to be at a point this week where the negative thoughts are wanting to creep in. Thanks for the whole “patience” reminder. I’m glad to hear you are doing so well.

So ...happy birthday to your knee. How’s the younger sibling?
 
Hi Chicklet:

The younger sibling is wonderful. It handled the walk and lawn mowing without an issue. I checked some notes that I kept and the younger knee is about 3 months ahead in recovery (what I can do pain free) relative to my first. Knees do behave differently. Same surgeon, same hardware - very different recovery. Hang in there. I hope you reach "incredible" very soon.

Chemist
 
One last thing. I am having a minor ceremony at my house today - the defrosting and packing away of the ice packs. I haven't used them for several weeks so I thought I would make room in the freezer!:yes!:
 
Thank you for your inspiring progress. Fantastic. Best to celebrate progress. I have a plan for the special little pillow on which my knees rest in bed. I noticed she was kicked out of bed last night.
Best wishes
Kathryn
 
Good morning all:

I reached 12 weeks post op today and celebrated with a 3.5 mile walk. Not far off from my pre-op distance of 4 miles only now it is without pain. I know I am being repetitive but I am so glad I had the surgeries.

Take care
Chemist
 
:wow:Good for you! I’m also 12 weeks today, not doing as good as you have done, I.e. don’t think I can walk 3.5 miles, but I’m a heck of a lot better than a year ago with my left TKR, (which today feels worse than the right:shrug:) so i’m happy.
 
Twelve weeks is almost a magical place to be. Nothing guaranteed, so no one will ever promise 12 weeks is when things turn around, but... for a lot of people it's that corner we all want to turn! It's great to read you're enjoying long walks now. :happydance: Onward!
 
That’s awesome, chemist! Please keep reporting. We don’t mind that it’s repetitive - it’s inspiring! :yes!:

I’m at 13 weeks today and there’s no way I could walk 3.5 miles but it’s not because of my surgery knee (right). It’s because my left one is deteriorating faster than my right one is recuperating. So ...second surgery tbd but looking like the first of November.

Maybe by Christmas I’ll be reporting 3.5 mile walks. :)
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom