Guest viewing is limited

TKR I now have a matching set!

I can do child pose, most standing pose. No hero pose.( should clarify not lie down with both legs bend under) Can do 1/2 hero with minor adjustments, and siting poses. Can sit on my heels. I discussed yoga practice with my OS at my 2 months checked up, no restrictions.
 
Good morning. Just back from my 6 week checkup. My OS said he is ecstatic with the surgery result and my progress (his words). He said to skip any more PT and just do what I have been doing. Pain is mostly gone, now just dealing with stiffness. Sleeping is still challenging at night but that is getting better. Overall I have been blessed with an incredible TKR.

Take care all you all.
Chemist
 
That’s awesome. It’s great to read such positive reports. I’m glad you’re doing so well. I hear you on the sleeping thing; last night I took half of a melatonin gummy and slept much better. I am encouraged by that.

I just saw your post a ways back about the Houstonian “you all” and “all you all.” Here in my part of middle Tennessee, we say “y’all” and the plural of y’all is “all of y’all.” Except we sort of leave off the “f” in “of” so it’s more like “all a y’all.” :heehee: Dialects are so cool!
 
Howdy Folks: Just back from a melancholy trip - family funeral. Six week old knee got a little stiff on the 3 hour flight but otherwise held up well with all of the extra walking, standing etc. Plus staying in a hotel didn't help. Did use their ice machine and the plastic bag in the ice bucket a lot!
 
I’m sorry for your family’s loss. It’s good to hear, though, that your knee held up well to the strain of travel. You were even able to McGyver a way to ice at the hotel. :yay: I’ve learned to keep a couple of gallon ziplocks in my travel bags. Useful for so many things! You could even ice on the plane with one.

Hope your recovery continues to be (relatively) uneventful. :)
 
Howdy: Did some work in the garden and then decided to dust off my bike, inflate the tires and try a ride around the neighborhood. Felt a little strange at first but after things loosened up it ended up being a nice cure for the cabin fever that hits every once in a while.

Have a good day.
Chemist
 
Yay! Bike riding is such a release for me! Turn on some tunes and look at God's beautiful creation. What could be better?!
 
Went for a wonderful early morning bike ride. My knees felt great. I have to go early here in Houston. If I don't I sweat so much I look like a moving puddle. Now settling down to watch some World Cup Football. Only thing that would make the morning better was if England was playing in the championship match instead of for 3rd place.

Have a great day folks.
Regards,
Happy Chemist
 
Enjoy the rest of your day!
 
Oh the joy of simple pleasures. I went for a long bike ride this morning totally pain free (didn't even take Tylenol before the ride) - I haven't done that in years.:yes!:

Have a great day folks.
ChemistY
 
How did the older knee handle the bike ride?
 
Both knees were "very happy" on the ride this morning. Didn't even need to ice after the ride. Both still feel good an hour post ride. :)
 
That’s great!!!
 
Howdy all you all: I was having trouble sleeping so I decided to switch to Tylenol PM at bedtime. I wish I would have checked the active ingredients because they add diphenhydramine HCl to make most users drowsy (it is one of the antihistamines in cold medicines that make you sleepy). However, there are a few people like me where it has the opposite impact - keeps me awake. Just something to keep in mind.

Since stopping the Tylenol PM I found an alternative that seems to help - a glass of good wine. :)

Have a good day.
Chemist
 
they add diphenhydramine HCl to make most users drowsy (it is one of the antihistamines in cold medicines that make you sleepy). However, there are a few people like me where it has the opposite impact - keeps me awake.
I'm the same way. For itching, we're told to take Benedryl, which is it's main ingredient. It makes my skin feel like there are bugs crawling all over me and restless legs!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom