TKR I now have a matching set!

Hello All: It has been a while since I checked in. For those of you going through the recovery marathon - I am at the 2 year anniversary of my 2nd TKR. Deciding to have the surgeries were 2 of the best decisions I have ever made

Good luck to you all.
Chemist
 
Hello fellow Texan! Reading your message gives me hope like so many on this site. It's great to hear that there is light and eventual recovery. I'm still at the point (11 weeks post-op) where I'm asking what I've done to myself and thinking there's no way I'm doing this again. I wish we could fast forward through this process. Thanks again for checking in.
 
Hi @Kimbo1

I was at the same place as you after my first knee, swore I would never do the 2nd. But things improved with time. My knees have handled trips to India and Africa (pre-COVID) along with daily 4 mile walks. Be patient, things will improve.
 
@Chemist...Yes, thank you so much for this update, as it gives me hope. Similar to @Kimbo1, I’m almost 10 weeks post op and still have times when I wonder why I did this to myself. My PT reassures me that I’m making fine progress (I wasn’t able to start formal PT until I was 7 weeks post op because of COVID closings) but to me, it’s been so slow, and patience isn’t my strong suit. I really do wonder if recovering while in quarantine has had a negative effect on my mental game? I find myself obsessing about every little ache or repeatedly wondering if the stiffness will ever go away; focused more on the negative instead of the progress I’ve made. So, it’s very reassuring to read a post like yours (and other fully recovered Bonesmarties) because it helps me refocus on the end result instead of worrying too much about the process. Thank you again!
 
Hi @Wolvesfan:

It is hard not to be negative when you hurt and can’t do the normal things that you enjoy. Add lack of sleep (at least I had issues with sleeping for months) and things can seem overwhelming. I had issues with PT. They were so aggressive with pushing that each session would set me back in my recovery. With my Dr’s permission I stop formal PT and did my own routine. Lots of short walks which I increased in length every few days and stretching plus everyday activities. For me walking was the best thing for keeping stiffness under control.

Good luck to you.
Chemist
 
Thanks for updating us and happy knee anniversary!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom