TKR I now have a matching set!

Hi @Jockette :

Yep. Both knees are great. No pain at all. Just minor stiffness in the morning. This outcome feels like a miracle after the experience of "bone on bone". This is much better than I had hoped for going into surgery.
 
Good Morning Everyone:

Just back from the checkup with my OS. Both knees are perfect. No need to see him for a year. Incredible results from the surgeries. I couldn't be happier.

Take care everyone
 
Hi, Great post! I too had the right knee done and I am 5 weeks Post Op. My recovery so far seems to mirror yours. I do have a question for you. After your surgery how long was it before you got your cortisone shot in your other knee? I see a rheumatologist for my other arthritis and I want to have a shot in my non operative knee and I am getting conflicting information was to when I can have this shot after TKR? Any advice you can give would be appreciated. Thanks and again great post happy recovery:wowspring::yay:
 
Hello @schpooko:

I never had cortisone in my non-surgical knee after my first knee replacement. By the time I got around to thinking about cortisone I was already in the queue for my 2nd replacement and was within the no cortisone pre surgery time set by my OS.

Regards
 
Great update @Chemist !
I'm glad your surgeon (and you) is/are pleased with your knee.
 
Next Thursday is Thanksgiving Day in the USA. This year I am very thankful for new knees that let me do all of the things I enjoy pain free!
 
Hope to follow you down the two knee success route. Right knee April 2019 ,at least that’s the plan.
Would do sooner but I spend winter in Florida, so have to schedule when I return. If right goes like left, I too will be overjoyed.
 
Howdy: thought it was time to check in. Both knees are great. Doing everything I did before surgery and more. Most importantly I am pain free. I knew things were going well when I realized I no longer thought about my knees constantly. They have moved into the background which is incredible.

take care all
Chemist
 
Hello Everyone: It has been interesting over the last 4 to 6 weeks. I have had significant increase in energy. I longer feel the need for a nap even though my activity level has increased. Also staying up later at night. I wonder if this means I am nearing the end of healing? Less energy going to healing might leave more for other activities.

take care everyone
Chemist
 
I love reading your updates! It’s the way a knee replacement should go. Best wishes as you continue on. :flwrysmile:
 
For you yoga folks out there. Did my first sunrise salutations today. I haven't been able to do them in a decade because of my knees. Small "victories" are wonderful .

Take care and good luck in recovery
Chemist
 
Hello All: time to check in as I approach the anniversary of my 2nd TKR. Things are going very well. I no longer take any pain medication for me knees. I can't remember the last time I wasn't taking ibuprofen and/or Tylenol.

I hope and pray that all of you in recovery achieve the same sort of results.

Hang in there

Regards,
Chemist
 
Happy Sunday Everyone:

I read this forum most days to see how my fellow Bonesmart enthusiasts are doing. Reading the comments of folks that are early in recovery reminds me of how far I have come and how blessed I am to have had the surgery.

Those of you that are struggling please hang in there and remember that things should improve, it just takes longer than any of us wants.

I hope all you all (you all is singular inTexan, all you all is the plural) have great days.
 
This thread is an impressive read!


RTKR July 15, 2019
 
Hi @Txmomgmom3. One thing I have learned is that each knee heals at its own rate. I am doing things with my left knee at 3 weeks that took until 9 weeks with my right. No idea why, just the way it is. I try to "listen" to my knees. They are smarter than I am.

Your experiences with two knees are a great lesson for those of us who wonder why somebody else can be walking 3 miles after a six weeks while we struggle to walk 1/4 mile.

Same person, same genes, maybe even the same surgeon and hospital, only a few moths or years separating the surgery, yet a remarkable difference in recovery.


RTKR July 15, 2019
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom