TKR I now have a matching set!

When the good days become good weeks, then good months, you're golden. And you will always have bread! :roseshwr:

There's definitely a place for threads talking about good recoveries. I had one and I posted regularly for the whole year of recovery -- the minor victories and even more minor setbacks -- just to give perspective should anyone want to read that far out.

Some people find BoneSmart before surgery and read these threads to find out what they can expect a recovery to be like. I was one of those people. :wave: It's good to have the better recoveries represented! Otherwise people might think "Oh :censored: no!"
 
Good Morning All:

I won't go so far as to say it is nice outside (82 degrees, 80% humidity) but I just finished a pleasant 45 minute walk with my wife. While I did have post surgery ache I didn't have any of the stabbing bone on bone pain or any of the random collapses that I had for years (presurgery).

Take care folks
Chemist
 
Isn't it nice to have a stable knee? Don't worry if some days you're not up to that long of a walk. Most people wouldn't be ready to do it--but glad you're doing so well.
 
Hi kneeper: to be honest I am starting to consider my new knees to be double miracles. for years I used my arms to help with sitting, standing, going up and down stairs etc etc. Not having to do that is incredible. I have to keep reminding myself that I don't have to do that anymore.
 
Using your arms is a hard habit to break. I still find myself doing it sometimes, even after all this time!
 
Howdy: drove my 18 day old knee to PT today .A nice practical session. I like the therapist. At the end my knee was at 111 flexion and 6 extension. I will happily take that since there was no pushing or pulling.

Have a great weekend.
Chemist
 
Good morning everyone: we had one of our typical
Houston rain showers last night - 1.5 inches of rain in 30 minutes accompanied by wind. That left a lot of leaves and twigs that needed to be cleaned up and fortunately my new knee was up to the task. It is so pleasant and satisfying to be able to go outside and take care of the garden.

Have a great day.
Chemist
 
Hi! I agree. Being able to get out in the garden again is such a treat. I’m a country farm girl so not being able to take care of the outside pre surgery was such a bummer. Glad to hear you are doing so well!!
 
Good morning: my new left knee just keeps improving. Celebrated it's 3 week anniversary with another good PT session - extension 4, flexion 114. Therapist wanted to push a bit but after I explained my concern she skipped it.

Have a great day folks.
Regards,
Chemist
 
Good for you! You are doing quite well for a 3 week old knee!
 
Best night's sleep since the surgery. Worked in the garden and went for a walk. Now sitting in the shade with a cup of good strong coffee listening to the cicadas. What can I say - life is good.

Regards,
Contented Chemist
 
I love the term, Contented Chemist!
 
Wow that's awesome your doing so well Chemist! I'm 5 weeks out and feel like I'm way behind but it's me being in my head lol. I'm also in the Houston area!
 
Hi @Txmomgmom3. One thing I have learned is that each knee heals at its own rate. I am doing things with my left knee at 3 weeks that took until 9 weeks with my right. No idea why, just the way it is. I try to "listen" to my knees. They are smarter than I am.
 
Had a fantastic PT session today. The therapist was pleasant and very interested in our time together. Explained what each exercise was meant to do. Checked to make sure that we weren't putting too much strain on my knee. We were both very surprised when we looked at the clock and the hour was over. This is the way it should always be. Ended up at 4/116.

Have a wonderful evening folks

Very Contented Chemist
 
Wow, what good numbers for less than a month! It's a blessing when you have a good PT!
 
Howdy all you all. Thought I would give a language lesson so that you can start to speak Houstonian. For some unknown reason in Houston "you all" is singular. So naturally "all you all" is plural. I will never understand the evolution of language. Anyway, enough of that.

Even with the best of recoveries (which I think I am blessed with) you can apparently have down days. Nothing really wrong, just feeling depressed today. I suppose that with the body so busy healing you can simply get worn out. Fortunately tomorrow I have a full day allocated to resting, elevating, icing and watching as much world cup football as possible. First match starts at 5:00 AM Houston time. Luckily I am a morning person.

Have a great evening all you all.

Regards,
Melancholy Chemist
 
Hi Group: can my new knees take the torque associated with yoga (not now, once healing is complete). I use yoga for relaxation and to maintain flexibility.

Thanks
Chemist
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom