TKR I now have a matching set!

How nice to get a hug from your doctor!!
 
@Chemist
You always have something to contribute when you have a successful recovery, it gives hope to others!
I agree with this!! I think forums like this tend to skew towards those who have problems since those people are more likely to post than those who are just humming along. Sharing successes is very inspirational!! Those of us early on could really use it!
 
I guess things must be going well when I feel strong enough to put together the starter for making bread tomorrow. I love the smell of baking bread!

Have a restful night folks.
Chemist
 
Always find it interesting how the body reacts. Even though recovery has been wonderful this time around I still find that I have a "case of the blues" today. Nothing has changed, nothing is wrong - simply the strain of the surgery hitting me today. Oh well. Time to elevate, ice, relax and simply let it run its course.

Take care all,
Chemist
 
Well, you can’t have everything! :heehee:

I am so encouraged that this recovery is going so well for you! I would love to have even just a little of that next time around! But one just like yours would be awesome! :wowspring:
 
Guess I am just in the mood for a pity party. I am sure things will improve soon. Maybe when I pull the bread that I am making out of the oven.
 
You’ll have bread for the party! :roseshwr: At least you have bread. Bread makes just about everything better. And your house smells good!
 
I’m guessing that fresh baked bread will certainly help. :)

I had my pity party Monday. Oh man, it was a good one. I thought maybe getting out of the house might help so I drove to the dollar store to get a few things. I had been released to drive the week before (at 2 weeks! I couldn’t believe it) but I had only driven over to my dad’s, a couple of miles away. So off I go to the store, 10 miles away, just used my cane and the cart for support, picked up a few things, drove home, and sat in the driveway . . . and started bawling like a baby - the pain, the limitations, the fear that because of the opioid crisis I might not have access to pain meds, the stress of putting on a happy face for family so they don’t worry (ugh, why do we feel we have to be so strong!!!) —-it just all came crashing down out there in the driveway. So I did what has worked for me in the past - I started counting my blessings. Naming them, one by one. It did help. I then spent some time praying for others - it always helps me to get out of my own head and focus on others.

I’m so very happy your recovery is going so well. I do hope you continue to post. Speaking for myself, I can use all the “doing great” posts I can get! Enjoy that bread!
 
Thanks folks. I appreciate the support today.
 
I started counting my blessings. Naming them, one by one.
Thanks for the reminder of that song! I’m sure it’s going to stick with me the rest of the day!

I understand just suddenly “losing it”. I can’t tell you how many times that happened to me.

@Chemist I can almost smell that bread! I hope it perks you up.
 
Howdy all: I think the "blues" are over for now. Drove myself to PT (nice to give my wife a break), had a good PT session, got home just as the bread was done rising and it is now baking.

I was reluctant to keep posting about a good recovering others have so many issues. Seemed a bit cruel but folks don't seem to mind so I will continue for a while.

Thanks again
Chemist
 
Last edited:
We need to know really good recoveries can happen. It gives us hope going in for a second one.
 
I think it's wonderful you post how well you are doing! It's nice to read and gives (I feel) others who's recovery is a bit slower to come around. Mine hasn't been too bad but it's not great either . This forum let's us all see we are not alone!

Hope you enjoyed your bread!
 
I bet your house smells good. I'm on the way over!
 
Hi Chemist. Funny (not) how that works. Some days it's mood, some days it's fatigue, and for some it's generalized pain or nausea. Sometimes it's all of the above. Hang in there. The good thing about mood is that it is constantly changing. Hugs
 
Mmmm. The bread was good. We lived in Europe for a while and I got addicted to crusty bread. I started making my own when we moved back. I make at least a loaf per week. It is good therapy plus it is simply chemistry at work. :)
 
I've been wanting to make my own rustic type of bread.....sounds like now is a good time to try.

My pity party: 2 days ago....no dinner plans...hubby suggested a dozen places to go, none of which sounded good or doable. I really still like my 4 walls and couch. Cars and seats in restaurants just don't sound fun. Anyway, I agreed to a sandwich place. Got there, got in line to order, and.....started tearing up! Couldn't believe it. Just wanted to be home.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one:friends:
 
Hi Nuttybrunette: I totally understand liking your 4 walls and your couch. With my first knee it took sooo much energy to go anywhere. Getting into and out of the car took forever. Then I wouldn't be able to get comfortable and would end up constantly moving. I just wanted to stay home in my safe zone.
 
Got a good night's sleep so I feel much better today.

I was so busy with the pity party yesterday that I forgot to mention that I am skipping the "handicapped parking card". I really don't need it.

hope we all have good days today.

Chemist
 
Everything does get better and better! Sleep, pain, walking, everything!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom