Guest viewing is limited

TKR I now have a matching set!

Hello Folks: this recovery turned out to be so wonderful that I really don't have much to contribute to the forum. I will be back if and when I have something to add to the discussion. Thanks for all of the help.
 
@Mutti3 I was thinking the same thing, it gives me hope to try again.
 
Ok. I will check in periodically (weekly?) with an update. To be honest I didn't want to just keep reporting that things were great when I know others aren't. my first knee gave me enough trouble that I have a lot of sympathy for those going through a rough recovery. Take care. Chemist
 
Last edited:
@Chemist - I'm really glad everything is going so well for you.

Please do come back to tell us how you're getting on.

We need stories of good recoveries too, to balance the negative impact of slower recoveries. The good recoveries give people hope.
 
We love to hear of positive recoveries. Just think of all those in preop that would really be encouraged by reading your thread. They'll see that sometimes it is a rough recovery and sometimes it's not, even on the same body!
 
Hi Sistersinhim: your comment about different recoveries got me thinking (always a bad thing for me to do) and I came up with the idea of perhaps writing a novel with the title "A Tale of Two Knees" (apologies to Charles Dickens). I can't imagine that two recoveries could be more different than I experienced. I am doing things at 10 days (flexion,extension, walking,time on my feet etc) with my left knee that took months with my right knee. :)
 
Last edited:
Howdy: didn't sleep as well last night and a bit more sore today. Simply an after effect of increased activity. Took my 11 day old knee to another PT session today. A nice workout that felt good. They cut back the intensity because I mentioned I was sore. Flexion was 97 and extension was 9. Just finished elevating and icing so it is time to head to the kitchen to fix fish tacos for dinner.

Have a good evening everyone
Chemist
 
I'm glad your knee is doing so well and that your exercises were cut back a bit. Very sensible of the PT!

Be careful that you don't go doing too much in your daily life. Just because you can doesn't always mean that you should.
 
Hi Celle: no need to worry about me overdoing with daily activities. I learned that lesson with knee #1. My wife and I work as a team on things. I start dinner (I love to cook). If I can finish it great, if I get tired or sore my wife finishes it. Either way she gets a little break.

Have a great day.
Chemist
 
Hi Sistersinhim: your comment about different recoveries got me thinking (always a bad thing for me to do) and I came up with the idea of perhaps writing a novel with the title "A Tale of Two Knees" (apologies to Charles Dickens). I can't imagine that two recoveries could be more different than I experienced. I am doing things at 10 days (flexion,extension, walking,time on my feet etc) with my left knee that took months with my right knee. :)

I can relate. I think my current TKR is at least a month ahead of my old one. But I should knock on wood, as it’s not over yet.
 
Hello everyone: my new knee continues to behave. Yesterday I did the exercises suggested by my physical therapist and then went outside for a 30 minute walk. I decided to take today off so I will be ready for PT tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Chemist
 
I found that if I did something extra, then took the next day off, I did well. This day of rest gives the knee time to recoup.
 
Good Morning Everyone: celebrating the 2 week anniversary of my new left knee. Not sure things could have gone better. Knee is already getting stronger. Pain is down to the point of reducing the pain meds. Sooooo glad I had this surgery done (almost skipped after the first knee).

Have a great day.
Chemist
 
What a fantastic report! Be sure and not over do it now that you are feeling better!
 
Howdy Folks: I am amazed by this new knee. I am now taking only Tylenol during the day. Will still use pain medication at bedtime if needed. Saw the OS today for the post surgery follow-up. Said procedure went perfectly. I was surprised when he said I can start driving whenever I want!

Take care,
Chemist
 
Thought I would share a funny story. At the end of the appointment with my OS today I thanked him and said that things have gone so well that if it wasn't so untraditional I would give him a hug. He stood up, hugged me and said we will accept hugs any time we can get them around here. Left us both smiling.

Hang in there folks. Take it one day at a time.

Chemist
 
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom