Guest viewing is limited

THR I MADE IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a day!!!! Staples out....woohoo....:)
Cleared to drive, which I did around town and felt good!
Cleared to ditch the crutches and use a cane.
May 13 is when I see the surgeon and find out how I am actually doing......:)
 
[Bonesmart.org] I MADE IT!!
on your new milestones and regaining some independence!!!! Feels good, doesn't it? Just don't get too carried away just yet. Still have miles to go, and we want you to get there in ease and comfort.


Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] I MADE IT!!
 
The independence feels awesome.
Definitely came home to rest, had my Costco run today !!!!!! It hurt, but not the hip...... :happydance:
 
Yey driving that must feel so good and so early too, go you!!! I'm going to have a go at the weekend, my surgeon says from 4 weeks provided I could the emergency stop so I'll give it a go. That feeling of freedom must feel brilliant, well done you!! :)
 
Hi Littlejem, regarding doing an emergency stop, is this without pain? (I forgot to ask my surgeon).
 
octopus He said to confidently be able to do an emergency stop, so I would guess if you had a lot of pain when braking, then you would be hesitant and therefore not safe. I'm going to get into my car later today and just try pressing the peddles to see how it feels, I don't have much pain, if I remember to take my tablets, so I'm hoping it'll be ok.
 
rockymountainjayne Congratulations you are really moving forward I must be fantastic to be driving again and regain some independence and grocery shopping too. Well done
 
Driving and pain pills-- wow! I don't dare go above 40mph in traffic on 50mg of tramadol, never mind real codeine! I find myself looking back 1/2 second after I've done a stupid thing. Yall are Amazons!!!!!! Or else you live way out in the country...:wink:
 
I think I am very fortunate and have very little pain, more like deep muscle aches on occasion. Before I even went on the road I tested the brake and gas pedals and had no pain. Most of the locations I would drive to involve playground zones (30 km/hr).

zauberflöte yup I was thinking of you when hubby and I were going through Costco, enough ingredients for a triple batch of double chocolate chip brownies..... :egypdance: :egypdance: (hint hint)
The piano is also getting some use, was watching the 2012 remake of Total recall there is a piece of music Beethoven's The Tempest, beautiful.....working on that.

Some rain in the forecast, need the frost out of the ground so that roads bans are lifted and heavy equipment can move and ALL in my house can return to work.....forgotten what it's like to have the house to myself....;) Hubby moves drilling rigs, son runs an excavator, daughter runs a grader, I run the lever on recliner and the satellite remote quite well......:)

Hope everyone has a good day, off to watch The Hobbit.....
 
Oh rockymountainjayne yes we do.... so I've been scrubbing the ceiling fans first to protect my allergic self, and today I cleaned my kitchen a/c vent. Which was loaded with MOLD. I knew this was a moldy house, but this suggests it's in the ductwork. Not turning it on till i get them cleaned, sigh.:sigh: ICK
 
Littlejem oh I know what you Brits call "summer". I was in London in August years ago as a student, and had to buy a sweater! It was 65F and girls were running around in sundresses! Around here, in wintertime we set our thermostats to 65 and bundle up in layers to save energy!!
 
I can't do the heat, sometimes we hit 32C, then I can be located in the freezer section of our local Sobeys. It is a short lived heat tho, much prefer fall and late spring for temperatures.

Latest update: Feeling awesome, still doing post op exercises. Couple of occasions when I have gotten out of my recliner to get a coffee I have completely forgotten to grab my cane....:). Sleeping like a big baby...:) Only 2 more needles left..... :happydance: Tax refund deposited, just waiting for my Employment Insurance medical benefits to kick in....
Only thing that causes any discomfort is sitting in my office chair at the computer for more than half hour (good height with knee lower than hip and a cushion) feels like quad and groin muscle are having an argument, my computer time is limited to 15 mins at a time....usually just to download emails.

Later folks....:)
 
Hi rockymountainjayne glad you are doing so well. It's always a good sign when you start to forget your cane I had to get an I Pad for Christmas for the reason that I could no longer sit in the office chair at the computer for any length of time without intense leg pain and that was before my op.
 
Yey rockymountainjayne it sounds like you're doing just fine and feeling awesome is just great!!! :happydance: :egypdance:
I really do think if you can get good sleep it makes you feel so much better!! I know what you mean about the computer chair, I put a cushion on mine but I still got an uncomfortable 'bum' quite quickly. :blush:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom