Guest viewing is limited

THR I MADE IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte the nurses told me the same thing..... Suck it up and do it....:) no amount of tears from me was gonna sway them.....it is getting easier.
 
rockymountainjayne, good for you that it's getting easier. I had 2 thoughts about it (like the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other)--1. Just put on your big girl panties and do it--it only takes 5 seconds. And 2. Man, I hate needles so much and it hurts and I hate doing this and why couldn't I take oral medication. 1 always won out, but I did experience a little bit of 2 every single day for 28 days.
 
rockymountainjayne sounds like you are very well indeed, things are movin along in the right direction, and all that! Harry Potter-- what fun! Glad to know you are doing well. And i hope the weather is cooperating :)
 
zauberflöte... The weather is gorgeous, still a little too much ice around for a small trot. Getting a fast melt during the day and below zero every night, sidewalks are a hazard. But it is leaving.... :)
 
Had a nice little jaunt outside today, had to go get some blood work done.
I'm a thinking spring has sprung here in Alberta.....:) didn't have to content with the ice by vehicles.....
 
Welcome to the recovery side--and just in time for Spring. Think how much you'll enjoy the warm months.
 
Things are still progressing along nicely.
One thing I have noticed since the Toradol prescription has run out and I am just using T3, when the T3 has worn off and if I am standing ( with aide of crutches) my lower back has a horrible ache which does goes away with rest and a T3.
Tuesday off to have staples removed.....:)
 
Wahoo.... Staples out, major milestone :)
 
Thanks for checking in, rockymountainjayne ! The backache might just be from inactivity, sleeping on back all the time, slouching, whatever? I get a backache from sleeping on my back in any bed/couch/whatever. Hooray staples out!! :)
 
I agree that the sleeping on your back give you backache. I'm getting up early most days because of the ache, although I find putting a rolled up pillow under your knees helps take the pressure off a little, you should try it.
 
Thank you Littlejem, zauberflöte for the tips. I woke up this morning and it was horrible. I was informed in the hospital I could sleep on my side with a pillow between the knees, which I did the first night home and slept through the night. I am wondering if the knee pillow is not adequate, will try staying on back with pillow under the Knees..
This has just been the last couple days. I get up take a T3 and it starts to resolve itself unless I forget my timing and am late with next T3.
Onward and upward tho.....after all It has only been two weeks..... :)
 
OK..... Not hip related yet, Mother Nature is a "*****" 8" of the white stuff and cold at night. No outside trips for me today ( better safe than sorry). Previously when I used to walk to work, my gluteus Maximus and the sidewalk had an intimate relationship!!!! Next winter I will head to outdoor store and purchase "ice cleats" for my shoes.
Had several showers since being home, however, yesterday was my first unassisted shower, that felt very good. Although I am looking forward to my long baths that I used to take.
Last night was awesome, used a different, more puffy pillow under the knees, this puffiness made a difference when sleeping on side also, no backache this morning....:)
 
rockymountainjayne I bought some of those "ice cleats" last winter I love the darn things. Congrats on your first unassisted shower. My surgery is Thursday the countdown begins.
 
Yey glad you had a better night, I think everything feels better if you've had enough sleep!!!:yay:
 
rockymountainjayne oh so glad the new pillow helped :) :) :) Sorry about the snow, shall I tell you that it's going to be 80F here (a tad under 27C) all week? Humidity already over 80%, YUK.
Those ice cleats are great-- I'd love to have a chance to try them LOL. Keep your glutes up where they belong!:heehee:
 
RMJ, you are still very early out. It behooves you to stay consistent with your pain meds so you stay AHEAD of the pain. Trying to catch up is much harder on you....it doesn't need to be that hard. Don't wait till the meds wear off. Keep it going round the clock for now.

8 inches!! I guess I should stop complaining about the cold, chilly spring we are having here. At least it has stopped snowing.

Sharon
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom