Guest viewing is limited

TKR I have a new knee!

Nyland I am so sorry you've had to go through so much sorrow. Then having to deal with all the medical and orthopedic problems too isn't fair! I think you are amazing. You still stay on here helping others with their recovery. Good for you!
 
Thank you, Gilda and Marianne! Your kindness warmed my heart when I needed it most.
 
Oh, Nyland, I wish I could just reach through this screen and give you the biggest hug in the world. I'm so sorry for you losses.
 
Hugs Nyland! I am so sorry about the loss of your brother & sister. Giant hugs for your parents, a parent should never live longer than their children. :console2:
 
Thank you Toni and Gail! I so appreciate your kindness and compassion!
 
Embarrassing moment! When I got to work this morning, the parking lot was a sheet of ice. I couldn't get out of my car. I had to call campus police. They sent an officer who asked me what he could do for me. I told him that I just wanted t hold onto him to get out of my car and to the side door. He said that he could do better than that and walked me to his cruiser, a couple of feet away. He drove me right up to an entrance door, walked me in and carried my backpack.
 
Did you bat your little sweet eyelids at him Nyland, or raise your skirt and show him a little sexy knee with a line down the middle of it..... :rotfl: Very nice guy, you be careful out there.
 
Gilda, I could see an officer at the construction site right next to the lot. (building a new research building) I beeped, and yelled, "OFFICER!", but I couldn't get his attention.
Debbie, FUNNY story. My boss had the hots for a surgeon about 10 years ago. I stalked him for her. I even called his assistant to ask what flight he was on for a conference...you name it, I did it. Well, the surgeon was fired and there was a lawsuit. (can't remember if he was suing or we were) Anyway, He'd been gone for a year or 2. I saw him in the hall (he must have come back for the lawsuit) and he winked at me and did a click click noise with his tongue. I thought it was strange and then it dawned on me. He thought that I was the one that had the hots for him. He must have thought that he was giving me the thrill of my life. OMG! I was mortified when i figured it out.
 
Oh no, Debbie. I was sooooooooo embarrassed. I get embarrassed just thinking about it. :yes:
 
Nyland,
If you did show a little knee to that officer and he wondered what that line was you could always tell him you had your HOSE on backward and the seam was in the front. There I go showing my age again.
 
Rose, he was such a nice young man. It was like he was a boy scout, helping the old lady cross the street. :rotfl:
 
Ha ha, that was a funny story about the surgeon clicking his tongue at you, Nyland - that did make me laugh. Sorry, I know how embarrasing that must have been for you.

And what about your campus officer helping you out? What a samaritan!
 
Nyland, so sorry about the loss of your brother and sister, however I am sure you find comfort in your happy memories of them. I lost my younger brother in 1979 when he was 29 years old and my memories of him are with me daily, as I'm sure your brother's and sister's memories are with you! We'll always have them with us!

Now, you seem to be attracting some very able-bodied gentleman, click of the tongue and all! You go girl! :egypdance:
 
Thank you, Jacky! I'm so sorry that you lost your brother. I know exactly what you mean about the memories! It took me a while to get there with my sister. I was so sad for so long, and then all of the happy memories replaced the sadness. I loved to talk about her and giggle about all of the crazy things we and she did. I got to a place where I could celebrate her and everything about her. I see so much of her in my daughter and it warms my heart. I'm just not there yet with my brother. I know it will come, but I'm grieving so I try to take him and all of those memories in private. I still can't answer a call from his wife at night. If I do, I can't sleep. I know it will come. It just takes a while. Thank you so much for always finding my thread and posting support when I need it most. You are a blessing. HUGS!
 
Hey everyone,
It's me the whiner! I thought that i would surprise you today! TODAY is the first day that my new knee feels like NOTHING at all. No stiffness, no hurting, no feeling that it isn't my knee. I feel NOTHING. (Oh I love that song from A Chorus Line!) i can walk, I can march...yup, I just marched right down the hall because I could! So to all of my friends that are waiting for this to happen to them, I'm here to tell you that is DOES! To be perfectly honest, I never believed it would, even when I read about it it happening for others. I thought that they were just lucky. BUT...IT DOES HAPPEN! We are all lucky sooner or later!
 
EXCELLENT post, Nyland. And you are certainly not a whiner - no more than the rest of us :heehee: So happy for you that you have at last reached this nothing point :thumb:
 
HUGS, Kathy! You are a month behind me, so it gives you something to look forward to.
 
Back
Top Bottom