Guest viewing is limited

TKR I have a new knee!

Deb, my dear I hate to disappoint you, however the parking lot is open, but the factory is closed, so to speak! :egypdance:
 
I'm usually a lurker, not a commenter, but I happened on this thread and I snorted coffee on my keyboard when I read your reply, Jacky48! Glad all is well and sending my wishes for a speedy return to normalcy for your area of the country!
 
Nyland, glad you and your folks are all okay! And Jacky hahahahaha...... My mom use to say "I still got the playpen, but the factory is closed". LOL
 
I just got back from having my back molar (3 roots) extracted, with sinus lift and bone graft. The extraction was a bit complicated. The 2 roots that had been possible to root canal, came out with the tooth. The 3rd root, the one with the abscess and crack, stayed in. He had to drill around it to finally get it out. It was an incredibly odd shape for a root. It was very wide, and ballooned out in the middle. The left side of my face is the size of a basketball. He was able to do the sinus lift through the same hole, so I didn't have to have a 2nd cut on the side of my gum. (YAY!) So here i am with a cartoon like velcro ice-pack around my head. When the bleeding stops, I'll be glad. I'm very glad this is all behind me. Thanks for thinking of me.
 
Sometimes the photos don't show up for me such as the velcro icepack on Nyland. I have a MacBook....is that the problem or is there something I need to do to see the photos. I want to see the velcro ice-pack! I could use those at work for head injuries.
Thank you!
 
Nyland I am so glad you finally have this behind you, I say enough already! Get plenty of rest, I'm sure this kicked you back some!
I wish you speedy healing my friend!:friends:
 
Thanks, Jacky!
Truthfully? I'm fine. It wasn't half as bad as it sounded when everything was explained to me. The swelling isn't very attractive, but it is over and I'm A-ok.
Hugs!
 
Glad to hear it.
 
Nyland,
Glad to hear the extraction went very well for you. Did you bring your tooth home to put under your pillow tonigh for the tooth fairy. Often wondered what she would leave for us older folks?????
 
Thanks!! Swelling is down enough to go out. I feel fine. I hope that my experience helps anyone that finds themselves in my shoes in the future. ONWARD!
 
Hi Nyland, I've been reading all the posts about your problems and I am so glad you are recovering nicely. Makes me feel bad about complaining about my knee when you have been through so much. I wish you the best and fast healing!
Hugs! Gilda
 
Thanks everyone. No pain, Jacky. Hugs!
Gilda, Complain away. We all have and do. It helps. The best part of this community is knowing that others understand, have been through what we have and care when we vent. It is a tough recovery at some point for everyone. Sometimes it's pain, sometimes, it's tears, sometimes it's ROM. I love that we all support each other when we need it. I hope your knee is having a fabulous day!!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom