Guest viewing is limited

TKR I have a new knee!

Yes, I kind of went into this surgery with the thought it was like in the Wizard of Oz. I would click my ruby shoe heels together and all would be made well immediately. Or at least like other surgeries, pain for a couple of weeks than all better.
 
Nyland and 1Elisea... Yes, been through and still going through some pain, lots of tears, and continually working on ROM..whew!!...It can be tough but I think we are all tough after going through what we've been through, right???
Elisea...Can't seem to find the ruby shoes...lol...but hanging in there!!...Gosh, what would I do without you guys and this forum...I'd hate to think!!!....Love to all, Gilda
 
You are so right, Gilda! I actually said that to Jacky a few weeks ago. This surgery really toughened me up. I used to be such a baby, and now I think, BRING IT ON. Even when the endodentist was explaining this horrible sinus lift procedure, I was thinking to myself, "I just want it over with!" As it turned out, he made a high mass out of a hail Mary! It wasn't at all as bad as he wanted me to believe. I did drive an hour and a half to my chosen oral surgeon. I LOVE and TRUST him. I made the same trip for the same procedure before my surgery. (minus the sinus lift) His wife had BTKR last year. For all I know, she is one of my BS friends. LOL
 
been through and still going through some pain, lots of tears, and continually working on ROM
Gilda, you really , really don't have to 'continually work' for ROM. Honestly. It's a myth. SOME work is good and GENTLE bends and slides are good but it shouldn't be like boot camp.​
[Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
 
To Joe and all my bonesmart friends....I really love you guys..all of you are a God-send. After reading posts every day, I feel so blessed to have discovered this forum and having all of you as friends!!...God bless all of you and speedy recovery!!
 
OK Nyland, I have a hard time keeping up with your ever changing avatar. And they are all so cute!:)
Who's the smiling guy with the water in the background?
 
Hi Elisea,
That is my brother. He died 3 years ago. We celebrated his anniversary on Monday. I took this picture, on his boat, 2 months before he died. It is my favorite.
 
Just catching up with your progress Nyland and am so pleased the dental work is all done. All that and hurricane Sandy too. You have had a lot to cope with but as usual you did it bravely and with humour. The picture of your brother is lovely. He looks very young. Another thing for you to cope with as its early days yet isnt it. I hope you have a few weeks now peacefully just recovering. Take care x
 
Nyland, what a wonderful picture of your brother. How nice for you to put that as your avatar. And glad to see your oral surgery is over.
 
Patricia, Elanor, and Kathy,
Hi! He was such a hunk! He had a personality as big as his heart! We lost him 11 months after we lost our nephew. We have had much loss and many, many blessings, too. We both took the death of our sister very, very hard. I counted on him to share those tears and memories with. I was shocked when I got the call call that he had died. He was such a healthy, robust, athletic guy. Thank you for the gestures of kindness!
 
Oh Nyland, that is so sad. He was very good looking. You also lost a sister and nephew too, that is way too much for one family to endure. My sympathy to your family. How many siblings did you have?
 
Thank you, Debbie! I had one sister and one brother. Both are angels now.
 
O that is so sad. Life is so unfair sometimes its hard to understand. You must feel so bitter sometimes which I know dosent help. I lost my lovely dad a couple of months before i married. A long time ago now but i still regret he never got to meet any of my lovely six children. I was such a daddys girl.
 
Nyland, I am so sorry you have lost both your siblings. I am an only child and always wished for siblings. Life is sometimes very unfair and it is hard to understand why things happen.
 
Awwwww, that's so sweet, Patricia. Always a daddy's girl. My heart breaks for my parents. They buried 2 children. After my brother died, my dad took to his chair. He sits and cries all day, everyday. My mom copes my working. She works 10 hour days, 7 days a week.
 
Thank you, Elanor. We are still very blessed. We have our children, their spouses, (I consider my daughter in law my own child) and 2 beautiful grandchildren. I have a wonderful husband, too. I try to concentrate on my many blessings, but milestones, anniversaries, and holidays are tough.
 
Nyland, what a bittersweet story! Bitter, for the sadness of loss, sweet that you were so close and have such good memories! I have to say that I was momentarily confused when I first saw the picture, thinking it was of you and I totally had a brain disconnect! I'm so sorry for your losses, however,
 
Nyland, I know it is so very difficult to lose a loved one, or more, but God knows what's best and we are not to question that.
He loves us more than anything and sees us through our hardest times....God is good all the time .... All the time God is good!! Hugs sweetie
 
Back
Top Bottom